Status
Not open for further replies.

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
I like the subtank mini. Can use stock OCC coils if you want, but can also use the RBA deck and build your own coils.
I've only used a few, the subtank, Herakles (which was better at higher watts in my opinion), Atlantis, and Sigelei Elite. I like the subtank mini just for the purpose of changing builds pretty easily. Plus twisted coils fit perfectly.

Mike 586

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2014
Ottawa
I haven't bought one other than one of the first to hit the market (the Atlantis), but I've been more or less following the sub-tank trend to see how it matures. So far the Subtank mini is the only other one I plan to get.

For me personally, I'd be on the RBA section exclusively and I really like the capture method and fact that its geared towards single coil builds. I'd probably carry the stock coils around with me just as emergency backups.

HighPlainsPuffer

Jul 9, 2015
in flux
Anyone familiar with the freemax* starre sub ohm tank? I've heard great things.

I've got a starre and an arctic among others, and both of them blow the STM out of the water. If you plan on rebuilding the STM is a good choice but if you plan on using the pre-built factory coils I'd definitely suggest the Arctic or the Starre. I prefer the Arctic as the puffs are super crisp, but I'm using the starre right now at work due to it's larger capacity. Can't go wrong with either in my opinion.

Reactions: Taptapslide

AntnyMikal

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2014
Clarksville, TN, USA
I was using 2 STMs original version, and they're good. But, right now I'm using the HV Matrix and have a Uwell Crown I haven't fired up yet. The Matrix is amazing and I expect the Crown will be even better. These 2 require more power and juice guzzlers though.

The STMs are all around good though.

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
Anyone familiar with the freemax* starre sub ohm tank? I've heard great things.
freemax starre pro is an excellent tank - just going to want to make sure that your mod will be able to power the beast - using the .25 ohm coils, i think I run mine around 60-65 watts...

really digging the Smok tfv4 right now - top fill, huge vape, great flavor - but again, a power hungry beast - i have been running the triple coil around 80-90 watts

for the mvp 3.0 pro, kanger subtank mini+ (newer one with the vertical coils and rebuildable deck) might be a really good place to start for sub ohm
running the vertical .5ohm coil at around 35-40 watts should be right in the sweet spot for your device and it is a really nice vape

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
freemax starre pro is an excellent tank - just going to want to make sure that your mod will be able to power the beast - using the .25 ohm coils, i think I run mine around 60-65 watts...

really digging the Smok tfv4 right now - top fill, huge vape, great flavor - but again, a power hungry beast - i have been running the triple coil around 80-90 watts

for the mvp 3.0 pro, kanger subtank mini+ (newer one with the vertical coils and rebuildable deck) might be a really good place to start for sub ohm
running the vertical .5ohm coil at around 35-40 watts should be right in the sweet spot for your device and it is a really nice vape
The problem with the Starre Pro is that it comes stock with two nickel coils. Will need a temp control device for that. You could always use the Starre coils with the Starre Pro so you can use kanthal with the top fill. Luckily, Starre tanks will accept Atlantis coils.

Reactions: dcfluegel

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
Sub** lol

I was thinking about getting the freeman starre. Not the starre pro. The regular one can be used on mvp 3pro?? Just not the pro right??

same coils will fit in both - they have a .5 ohm coil (probably where you would want to start), rated for 20-60 watts, should work fine with the mvp 3 pro... if you were running the .25 ohm coil, it is actually rated for 20-100 watts, so may well get a decent vape off of it in the 50 watt range... major difference in the starre and starre pro is the top fill... and the top fill on the starre pro is DEFINITELY worth getting, imo

also - any atlantis coils would also fit the freemax starre tank

Taptapslide

May 2, 2015
Alabama
I was using 2 STMs original version, and they're good. But, right now I'm using the HV Matrix and have a Uwell Crown I haven't fired up yet. The Matrix is amazing and I expect the Crown will be even better. These 2 require more power and juice guzzlers though.

The STMs are all around good though.
Let me know when you try it out!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread