Status
Not open for further replies.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
Anyone here on ECF actively seeking sobriety on a daily basis? Anyone attend AA/NA meetings?
I am creating this thread for those of us who are vaping e-cigs and staying clean.
ROLL CALL! Talk about life. Keep each other motivated. Keep each-other company & help each other.

Please come in, say hello, let us know whom you are (if you'd like us to know :p) and please feel free to share your story, your step, your clean date if you'd like, and your dreams. If your going through a rough time right now, please feel free to share so that we can listen and give our opinions and advice. This thread was created as a social gathering for those of us living as sober vapers.

Regular conversation is fine and encouraged.
We don't have to talk about vaping and we don't have to talk about addiction here. Meet and greet!

1. Please do not make direct references to the name of your DOC.
2. Please do not glorify use. This is a place for sober vapers living sober.
3. Any post patronizing an individual for their struggle/relapse in any way will be reported.
4. Do not incriminate yourself in any way. No SWIMming allowed. "A friend of mine.." for anonymity.

I will tag this thread with appropriate tags. Hoping to find some good people to talk with! Enjoy!!
Fresh hot coffee and refreshments to the back of the room.

Last edited:

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
Honestly I posted this in the outside because I know ECF doesn't like drugs or talk of them in the open forums. & I wasn't sure if the Outside portion of ECF was shielded from google search results. But if the moderators believe this belongs in health and wellness, then please by all means, move this thread to Health and Wellness. I only became aware of Health & Wellness after having posted this thread already actually. I think this thread might fit in either area, but health and wellness may be a better fit.

Please don't let this derail the thread of course. Anyone out there today? Please join in.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
Hey TotallyCool, nice to meet you man. Thanks for introducing yourself. Your "see above" is below empty space! I know you had a post up but its gone now :p I congratulate you man. I hope I can get there one day. I am in my early 20s and I'm working at staying sober. It isn't the easiest thing but its the only way to go these days. Thanks Spence, I'll check it out. I think I just joined a social group about sobriety here on ECF, but I dont think it was that one. I'll check it out. Thanks.

Hope everyone is having a beautiful morning today. My brother's kids are outside enjoying the sun already. Tonight I am supposed to go to a lobster bake at my sister's house, but I'm not sure if I'll be feeling up to it tonight. Would be nice to drive there. (I am training to get my license in a month) We will see. I can't wait for 9PM tonight though! Breaking Bad is on, 2nd of the final 8 episodes. Woot!

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
Sober vapers? Oxymoron, no? PVs are a device for delivering a drug (nicotine) to the blood and from there across the blood brain barrier. By definition you can't be sober and vape at the same time.

As to your actual question: no. I've never had an addiction problem outside of nicotine, so while I'm not sober I'm working on eliminating the drug from my routine eventually.

Infernal2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2010
The Oil Coast, AL
Sober vapers? Oxymoron, no? PVs are a device for delivering a drug (nicotine) to the blood and from there across the blood brain barrier. By definition you can't be sober and vape at the same time.

As to your actual question: no. I've never had an addiction problem outside of nicotine, so while I'm not sober I'm working on eliminating the drug from my routine eventually.

Sometimes Surf.... I swear you could screw up an orgasm.

quiter

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
hanging around

I suggest you look up the definition of sober as you clearly don't know what it is. Unless you are intoxicated you are sober. A person can be addicted to many things, sex, food, gambling, making an ... of oneself on-line, etc. without being intoxicated.

But I suppose now you want to debate what "is" is again.

wacdenney

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2011
Georgia

I'm unswayed by your deeply thought out and finely constructed rebuttal.

quiter

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
hanging around
I quit drinking just over four years ago and the same for smoking. (doctors orders) I smoke a couple times a year at parties. I found that I was not enjoying going to parties and having no vice. So I allow myself to smoke only at a couple of big parties each year. That is still at least 365 times less than what I was. Now I look forward to going to parties again although I admit I do miss getting buzzed up and drunks are not as much fun being around when you aren't one of them. It's definitely strange being sober as much of my social life revolved around drinking. My wife doesn't drink so that helps a lot.

wacdenney

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2011
Georgia
I got off the drugs many years ago. It seems like a lifetime ago most of the time, though once in a while it seems like only yesterday.

I don't know that I would consider myself "sober" though. I drink whenever I feel like it. I never had a problem with drinking so I don't bother avoiding it now.

I do own several of these:

natags.gif

and the chips... Mostly white ones, though I never got quite enough to tile my floors with.

quiter

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
hanging around
I know I have few posts but this post completly confuses me sober of what?
And yes you can vape without any nicotine I guess I just do not get this at all can someone explain what this is?

I believe that he means not getting intoxicated as in Sober minded, so it's not about e-cigs or even cigs at all. Just hard "drugs" like booze or other addictive intoxicants. This is the "outside" which is usually non-ecig related stuff.

THETOTALLYCOOL

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2013
Spanish Harlem
"Sober" isn't really a word people use in modern language unless they're being questioned by a police officer, but it's quite commonplace amongst 12 step people.

Apparently, at NA meetings, people say they're sober, when they've refrained from whatever they are trying to kick. In that regard, it's possible to be falling down drunk, and still be sober, I imagine. Yet, people quitting one thing, often have decided to stay away from some other vices at the same time.

And who says, "Man, last night I drank a lot of alcohol. I drank some alcohol with friends after work, and then stopped by the bar and had more alcohol. But later, man, you wouldn't believe how trashed I got because my cabinet was stocked with different types of alcohol!" But, it's a common word at AA meetings.

So, the man on the street who hasn't had addiction in his life, or immediate social or family structure doesn't get it. He doesn't need to. But when someone blurts out that they are celebrating 90 days without a drink, it's good to offer a simple, "wow, good job," or something along those lines.

And many of us on this forum have quit cigarettes, tobacco and taken up vaping. Perhaps you've noticed, non-smokers don't really appreciate what an accomplishment that is. So I offer to all of you, "wow, good job."

dragginfly

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2010
Missouri, USA

Better add coffee to the list. Caffeine is a drug similar to nicotine.

Or... we could let "sober" refer to the absence of mood altering drugs and alcohol.

I would hate to be the one telling an AA group pumping themselves full
of coffee and cigarettes that they need to set a new sobriety date.

Hey Plumes, great post idea. Did you mean to post this in the Outside though?

Beware the path leading outside, for there be bridges and trolls.

quiter

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
hanging around
I just recently took up "smoking" :2cool: again.
I've found that in small amounts it has improved my musicianship done just before stage time.
I've received confirmation on that from band mates and audience regulars... who have grown weary of my usual performance. (myself included)

I suppose it helps get in the zone and zone out, it's not like a bass player is a real musician anyway right? Not anything a thirteen year old girl can't learn to do in under 5 minutes. ;):p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread