Sofa King Slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

eric

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
The speed seems really hit or miss for me. Sometimes it's unbearably slow, sometimes it isn't. If anyone has any ideas, please feel free to share. My programmer says there's nothing he can do, but I have a feeling he's just skating out of the issue because he misinformed me early on. None of the other Magento platform sites I've checked out have been as slow to load as the new site.

I might need to upgrade the server. I'll be contacting Magento tomorrow to see what they think.

djrbx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA USA
icarlo.net
Same here. It's probably a server or host issue. Are you using a dedicated or shared server? Also, if you are using a dedicated server already, then it may be time to try upgrading your server or changing hosts. Compared to you previous site, Magento does use more server processing power, this will translate to more server lag depending on how many people access the site. You could try checking the logs when you get some slowness when browsing the site to see if it correlates with how many people are browsing at that given time. There are plenty of ways to check to see what is causing the lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread