Solar charger for Riva batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwistedInFresno

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2011
Fresno, CA
Hi Folks:
I'm going on a camping trip that may be as long as 4 days, with no electricity hookups. I have a Riva, with 2 batteries, and an extra Ego battery. It's very possible that my batteries will last through 4 days with my usual usage, but i sure want to be prepared!! I was thinking of taking a solar charger: Solar Charger and Battery with Dual Charging Panels

Chinavasion-CVHF-S27-.JPG.thumb_164x164.jpg

Here are the specs:

Main Function: Solar Charger and Battery with Dual Charging Panels for Mobile Phones, PSP, NDS USB-powered Devices
Solar panel: 5.5V 120mA (Total)
Battery Specs
- Type: Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
- Capacity: 3.7V/1000 mAH
Time for Full Charge:
Using Solar Panel: 8-10 hours
Using USB: 2-3 hours
Power Input: 5v 600mAh
Power Output: 5.5v / 500 mAh
USB Charging: 5V 500mA
Connectors: 12
Connector Types: USB, NDS, PSP, Nokia 2.5, Nokia 3.5, Moto V3, Sony Ericsson K750, LG KG90, Samsung D80, Samsung G60, Samsung A68, iPod/iPhone
Dimensions: 120mm x 62mm x 17mm (L x W x D)
Manufacturer Ref: X1IO4CGL1V4E

Could someone with a little better understanding of electricity tell me if this would work with my usb charger?

Thanks for any input:confused:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I went on a shooting trip awhile back. Thought about a solar charger also.

Problem I had was finding one that had USER reviews that were good without spending the same as buying 5 Riva kits.

Then I started doing searches for “External Batteries” with 5v USB power out. I ended up getting this …

9800mah.jpg

It’s a DiggiPower EBP-NB60 which has 9,800mAh @ 5v. Worked Great to charge my eGo 6 or 7 times times and had more than enough to charge my Cell Phone and a friends also. And the Extra cool thing was I got for 25$ NIB on e-Bay.

If you can’t find a reasonably priced solar charger. Or if you just don’t want to have to leave your stuff sitting outside for 10 hours, check out “External Batteries” with USB power out.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I purchased a solar mod. It is set up with a 510 connection. You can also recharge Ipods, cell phone etc. It comes with cables for electrically charging the mod, and for recharging other devices. It works great as a pv itself. Electronicstix has them.

Sounds Cool... How much was it? Hard to put together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread