Status
Not open for further replies.

LKnives

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
Madison, WI
www.twitch.tv
Provari mini and also thinking of picking up a ZAP.

Anyways, first question: I kind of want to get the mini because I've seen some pictures of a telescoping bottom cap that gives the mini the full range from 18350 to 18650. But I don't know what it's called or where to find it since I didn't see it on Provape. Also, is this advisable? I am currently, until proven otherwise, under the idea that the mini and full size internals are the same thing but the mini has the smaller battery tube.

And the other question was on the ZAP: I saw the Zen video for when you first get your ZAP the pre-fill list of things to do and when I actually swung by Provape to look at the ZAP I saw it came with a ceramic wick instead of the SS mesh Zen was working with in his video. Can I still follow the SS mesh video when I first get the device? Is there a different video with the ceramic wick?

Thanks in advance for the information.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Provari mini and also thinking of picking up a ZAP.

Anyways, first question: I kind of want to get the mini because I've seen some pictures of a telescoping bottom cap that gives the mini the full range from 18350 to 18650. ....

I know that Provape has an Extension Cap so a 18350 Mini can use a 18590/18500. And that the Same Cap lets a Regular Provari use and 18650

But I haven't seen one that lets a Provari Mini use and 18650

ProVari Mini Extended End Cap for 18650 Battery

If you find a Different One, please post a link.

bertopl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
Can I still follow the SS mesh video when I first get the device?

I broke the original ceramic wick that came with my ZAP when putting on a replacement tank so I can't really say how well it's set up from the factory. I was unfamiliar with the ceramics and didn't realize how fragile they are. great vape when you can set it up right, really clean flavor. I tried my first wrap of a ceramic trying to follow that video but they are a different beast entirely. there are a ton of videos on youtube with different methods. I personally like the one where you connect your wire to the posts and charge up the coil to make it more pliable when wrapping. a tight wrap on the ceramic wicks are a must.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
Provaris need button top, flat tops wont make contact. Provape recommends AW imr only(all I have used) but will function with others however longevity may vary. If I were in your situation I would purchase a mini, provari ext cap and 2 18350 batteries as well as 2 18490 batteries.

The 18490 w/ext is great for around the house but 18350 is great for being out and about. I get about 4 solid hours out of an 18350 and 6hrs out of an 18490. I'm sure I would get close to 8hrs out of an 18650 but to me it is just makes the device too long. Your opinion may differ.

You will never regret having options and back ups.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
i agree with chowda. getting 2 of each type of battery would be good. in a few months you will want more. having 4 of each size of battery would be really nice. Also, get yourself a multibay charger if you can afford it. Because there may be situations where you want/need to charge more than 1 battery at a time. I have like 4 1 bay chargers on two power strips lol.

So if you can afford at least a pair of batteries for each type of battery you want to use, that'd be good. 4 bats would be good. Then you just need a charger. Go for the Xstar on the provape website, its a great, safe charger.

LKnives

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
Madison, WI
www.twitch.tv
I've got a Nitecore Intellicharger dual bay that I've been using to maintain 4 ecig batteries and running the rechargeable double A's I got from my mouse and controllers. Never ran into an issue needing more bays.

Would the mini + extension for 18650 be longer than a vamo? I'm fine with the length of that so I doubt the size of the Provari mini extended for 18650 is going to bother, I just wanted the range of battery options since I can be away from the house for 10 plus hours.

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
I've got a Nitecore Intellicharger dual bay that I've been using to maintain 4 ecig batteries and running the rechargeable double A's I got from my mouse and controllers. Never ran into an issue needing more bays.

Would the mini + extension for 18650 be longer than a vamo? I'm fine with the length of that so I doubt the size of the Provari mini extended for 18650 is going to bother, I just wanted the range of battery options since I can be away from the house for 10 plus hours.

The vamo is bigger

bertopl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
according to the house of hybrids site, the ones from mawn drip tips should fit. I just ended up getting the metal protips one from provape's website at the time I bought the ZAP. it's the only drip tip I have that fits (probably only own about 5 or 6 drip tips though.) I'm sure there are plenty more as there are tons of pics with the ZAP using all kinds of nice looking tips.

TFlyer86

Aug 5, 2013
Denver, CO, USA
I run the twins telescope mod on a black mini. I got it here. http://shop.vaperev.com/accessories/transformers/atmistique/twins.html

I love it. Also, the hippo cap is a good accessory too. It screws into your pro and allows variable airflow while adding a bit of aesthetics. Also, if you have a flood, it protects the origional threads and computer from getting juiced.

Tree shots of the hippo this is a mini with an 18500
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1375910524.559588.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1375910471.763709.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1375910395.030597.jpg

Edit: with the twins, the 18590s "rattle" a bit. You'll get a flashing led on your button at curtain angles but it reengages almost immediately. I just stick to the 350s 600s and 650s as to avoid the issue. No sense in tempting Murphy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread