Solution to SMOK X-Priv Mod, ability to change Ohms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Andrews

Jul 8, 2018
I've found the solution, my X-Priv Mod stopped changing Ohms when I changed tanks, and this fix aloud me to keep my mod.
Ok so here's how to fix it.
1) Attatch your tank to you mod
2) Press both you up and down keys to lock your Smok X-Priv
3) Hold either the up or down key only for about 10 to 20 seconds
4) There will show, you set Ohms,
for example my Valarine tank runs at 0.150 Ohms.
5) Right after you ohms shows up press up or down to get your desired ohms.
6) Unlock mod and do a 1 second fire. The ohms will change to what you had selected.
Let me know if the help.
Thanks

Michael Andrews

Jul 8, 2018
I've found the solution, my X-Priv Mod stopped changing Ohms when I changed tanks, and this fix aloud me to keep my mod.
for example my Valyrian tank runs at 0.150 Ohms.
6) Unlock mod and do a 1 second fire. The ohms will change to what you had selected.
Let me know if the help.
Thanks

Last edited:

Michael Andrews

Jul 8, 2018
Let me know if the help.
Thanks

Edward Denison

Jan 25, 2018
Talent, Oregon, U.S.A.
Let me know if the help.
Thanks
Thanks! My Mag mod has always been off by a few thousands. This trick works to manually set your ohms.:toast:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Not sure what you've actually done here. :blink:

You're battery device can not change the ohm measurement of your coil. The coil's resistance remains relatively static or fixed; it is what it is. It may change a little when heated, and will increase gradually over time. But there's no way your battery device can change the coil's electrical resistance.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I agree with Coyote.

You're battery device can not change the ohm measurement of your coil. The coil's resistance remains relatively static or fixed; it is what it is. It may change a little when heated, and will increase gradually over time. But there's no way your battery device can change the coil's electrical resistance.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
From my underestanding, some of these newer smok mods are malfunctioning and not automatically reading the ohms of a tank. When a new tank is placed on the mod it does not bring up the "new coil?" screen.

If this is what the problem is that the op is referring too, did you try taking your tank off the mod, while the mod has nothing attached fire it to get the "No atomizer" screen then attach the tank and fire it again. I have to do this with my AL85 to get it to recognize a new coil.

Michael Andrews

Jul 8, 2018
From my underestanding, some of these newer smok mods are malfunctioning and not automatically reading the ohms of a tank. When a new tank is placed on the mod it does not bring up the "new coil?" screen.

If this is what the problem is that the op is referring too, did you try taking your tank off the mod, while the mod has nothing attached fire it to get the "No atomizer" screen then attach the tank and fire it again. I have to do this with my AL85 to get it to recognize a new coil.

I've tried tanking the tank off, firing at 1W to show "No Atomizer," then put on a different tank. My 3 tanks run at .12, .15, .15 Ohms. My SMOK X-Priv will read anywhere for New/Old to .224 or .197 Ohms for a .12 Ohms Coil. I've tried to take batteries out, and lots of other choices. The way I'm doing it now I can pre adjust to my desired Ohms. It's much more efficient then taking a tank off and clearing it 5 to 10 times, then giving up cause the X-Priv won't read below .137 for a .120 tank.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I've tried tanking the tank off, firing at 1W to show "No Atomizer," then put on a different tank. My 3 tanks run at .12, .15, .15 Ohms. My SMOK X-Priv will read anywhere for New/Old to .224 or .197 Ohms for a .12 Ohms Coil. I've tried to take batteries out, and lots of other choices. The way I'm doing it now I can pre adjust to my desired Ohms. It's much more efficient then taking a tank off and clearing it 5 to 10 times, then giving up cause the X-Priv won't read below .137 for a .120 tank.
It is normal for a coil to fluctuate some. If it is reading .13 on a coil that claims it is .12, that is perfectly normal. There is always slight differences from one coil to the next. You could easily get .15 on a coil claiming .12. Mass manufacturing tolerances, especially in cheap Chinese products, are going to be loose to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread