[SOLVED] How's this sound for my 1st Squonk setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NicotineRush

Linux Mint/Mate
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2008
Living 'Off Grid'
HCigar Inbox V3
24mm Dead Rabbit BF RDA
5 pack replacement bottles
Silicone Dropper Bottle (to refill easily)
Just over a hundred bucks for above at FT.

I'm DL, low watt, (18-20), single coils at around .4, and currently using OBS Nano's.
DIY my own coils/wicks/juice.

Sound like a good setup? Anything else I need to start Squonking?
Thanks!

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
HCigar Inbox V3
24mm Dead Rabbit BF RDA
5 pack replacement bottles
Silicone Dropper Bottle (to refill easily)
Just over a hundred bucks for above at FT.

I'm DL, low watt, (18-20), single coils at around .4, and currently using OBS Nano's.
DIY my own coils/wicks/juice.

Sound like a good setup? Anything else I need to start Squonking?
Thanks!
Good choices.I've had my original inbox since right after they came out,and still use it quite often,i think it's been about 2 years now.I just recently got a Dead rabbit,and it is a very nice rda as well,so i would say that should be a great combo.Good idea on the spare bottles too,i did the same when i bought mine,although i am still using the original bottle that came in it,it's nice to know if you ever need a spare,it's there.

Northernshrink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
Bracebridge Ont Canada
Last edited:

Steve Parry

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
Cookeville TN
Honestly, you won't need 5 replacement bottles, but they're usually pretty cheap. I don't think the Dead Rabbit is a great choice for single coils either, but if that's what you want, give it a shot. I would personally agree with those who suggested the Wasp or Drop for your purposes, or maybe even the Pulse. Other than that, sounds great.

NicotineRush

Linux Mint/Mate
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2008
Living 'Off Grid'
Thanks for the great replies. Only reason I picked the Dead R is because everyone says it doesn't leak. I REFUSE to put up with crappy merch.

Single coils are what I've been using. Easy/simple and the Nano's DO NOT leak.

So, 24mm+ single coil BF RDA that does not leak? (no fan of 22mm's. Big fingers!)

Reactions: Heartsdelight

Rex Everything

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2014
Tacoma
Thanks for the great replies. Only reason I picked the Dead R is because everyone says it doesn't leak. I REFUSE to put up with crappy merch.

So, 24mm+ single coil BF RDA that does not leak? (no fan of 22mm's. Big fingers!)
you"ll probably find yourself closer to 45-55 watts with a similar build in the rabbit than the Nano...lots of dead space in the top cap....you dont have a chamber and chimney like an rta...a 22mm rabbit Sq probably has more build space than a 24? mm nano . If you like building at all you should have some fun....lot"s of possibilities with the rabbit...and with the inbox you have enough power to push alot of different single and dual coil builds...

Last edited:
Reactions: Heartsdelight

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL

I picked up my Gorge rda (single coil) from FT for about $20, I like it. Only con is you do have to remove one screw to install the coil. Since a coil can last 2-3 months not an issue for me. Good flavor and not loud and doesn't whistle. Comes with squonk pin.

Mermaaan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
California

Have you looked at the new vandy vape berserker rda? It is marketed as a mtl atty but from what I've seen of the different airflow inserts it should provide a nice restricted lung hit, easy to build and pretty leak proof for squonking. Perfect for low wattage vaping by the look of it. I've got a couple on their way to me now.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    A leaking RDA and squonking has nothing to do with a RDA being "crappy merch".
    Where the air holes are located will determine if a RDA is prone to leaking if over squonked.
    Starting with a RDA with higher or top airflow is good way to start squonking.

mackman

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2013
    NorCal

Skunk!

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 25, 2014
    Las Vegas
    20180331_151105.jpg
    If you are looking to do single coils I'd go with a Rabbit SQ instead of a 24. It is built for squonking. It is a dedicated single coil and has the coil positioned in the center with dual airflow. I have a .24 Clapton on mine and it hits hard and has great flavor.

Edit: Building on the 22mm SQ is the same as the 24mm. I actually find it a bit roomier because there is 2 "ears" instead of 4. They are not like building on a 3 or 4 post rda. They also have little tabs that "lock" the top cap. Basically keep it from turning.

Last edited:
    • Useful
    Reactions: Letitia

Steve Parry

ECF Veteran
    Mar 4, 2013
    Cookeville TN
    Only reason I picked the Dead R is because everyone says it doesn't leak.
    Everything leaks if you over-squonk, or lay it on it's side. Drippers don't leak on their own, they require user error or a defect to do that. I own a ton of squonking atties and none of them leak on their own.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread