some assistance requested from you good people

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
I designed and uploaded a new flash banner for the site.

I just now got through coding the banner so that when you click on a slide it goes to that category. Because of cache considerations its hard for me to see if the changes are all working, blah blah blah.

Can you guys go there with your various browswer such as IE, chrome and firefox and let me know if the clickables are coming out ok?

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Thanks--I am having the same weird problem with IE 8... does it open in the same window or does it sprout a new window?

Using IE9.
When it says "Flux nectar E-juice" and I click it, it goes to "Leather Totes".
When it says "Cutting Edge Cartomizer Solutions", I click it and it goes to "Smart Cart 2.0"
Other than that it waorks great. Hope that helped.
Have a great day! :thumbs:

truthseeker

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2009
Canada
Thanks--I am having the same weird problem with IE 8... does it open in the same window or does it sprout a new window?

It opens up a new tab instead of a new window.
That's IE9's new thing I guess. (I like IE8 better BTW. IE9 seems much slower for some reason)
It did open 2 tabs once, out of about 20 clicks.
I'm also using Windows 7.
Have a great day! :thumbs:

Last edited:

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
The windows don't want to close? Don't worry I'm still working on making it 'work' properly...

on ie8 with windows 7, when i click the banner it opens up at least 2 new windows instead of just going to what I clicked on. Then the new windows don't want to close....not a real good upgrade for your site in my opinion....

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
anything on a particular slide links to one general category, if there are several products listed on a slide I will pick one of the more popular products if there isnt a 'super' category...for instance each of the cartomizer and and cartridge slides will go to one of the more popular products as there is no super category like there is for kits for those...

btw thanks...

Using the newest Firefox 4 all is working except you Vortex links to Fluxomizers..

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
yeah with some IE seems to be workign fine, the code is good so I can only imagine this is a cache issue that will straighten out eventually...thanks daisyd

Carto solutions opens two tabs of smart cart, flux juice opens two tabs of leather totes, the others open two tabs of the correct product. I'm on Windows XP and IE8. HTH

Dirgon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2011
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
In Chrome:

Clearos: Takes me directly to Fluxo page.
Next Generation Cartridge Systems: takes me directly to the Smart Carts page.
Flux Nectar: Takes me directly to the Flux Nectar page, where you choose either 36ml bottles or samplers. I assume this is redirecting correctly.
PV Kits: Takes me to the PV kits page. Assume this is redirecting correctly.
Leather Totes: Redirecting properly.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Ok thats actually how it should be directing buddy...thanks so much...

In Chrome:

Clearos: Takes me directly to Fluxo page.
Next Generation Cartridge Systems: takes me directly to the Smart Carts page.
Flux Nectar: Takes me directly to the Flux Nectar page, where you choose either 36ml bottles or samplers. I assume this is redirecting correctly.
PV Kits: Takes me to the PV kits page. Assume this is redirecting correctly.
Leather Totes: Redirecting properly.

Thanks!

banner looks great (seems to work perfect in palemoon/ff as well), very impressive, site looks great too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread