Status
Not open for further replies.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Hello - Umba is having a referral program right now...

It says give a buddy 50% off and get 5.00 off for each referral. ..

Who might want me to be their buddy? I'll take the half off and give you the 5.00 for referring me...

Message me freinds! :) :wub: at those prices I'll buy! I've never tried Umbra and have a hubby in need!

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Your first sentence reflects the intent of my question. Do you have answer?

You can get 3mg wta... but I'm not seeing any zero... off hand.... and umba doesn't sell zero wta at all (nor do I think Aroma carries any).. (umba says so on their main page) it's probably because there isn't much call for it - nicotine is the main alkaloid, the others help some with withdrawal symptoms too, but the nicotine is still the main one needed... so probably there's been little call to even see if the other minor alkaloids can be separated from the nicotine and then used in some way without the nicotine to any useful affect - or its been tried long ago and found to be of little use. I would not know for sure which though.

Here is a study:

Effects of nicotine and minor tobacco alkaloids on intracranial-self-stimulation in rats. - PubMed - NCBI

Last edited:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
You can get 3mg wta... but I'm not seeing any zero... off hand.... and umba doesn't sell zero wta at all (nor do I think Aroma carries any).. (umba says so on their main page) it's probably because there isn't much call for it - nicotine is the main alkaloid, the others help some with withdrawal symptoms too, but the nicotine is still the main one needed... so probably there's been little call to even see if the other minor alkaloids can be separated from the nicotine and then used in some way without the nicotine to any useful affect - or its been tried long ago and found to be of little use. I would not know for sure which though.

Here is a study:

Effects of nicotine and minor tobacco alkaloids on intracranial-self-stimulation in rats. - PubMed - NCBI
I would think further extraction to capture just the 'other' alkaloids would be uber expensive plus I think that may defeat the purpose since the other alkaloids are in the nicotine which is extracted. At least that is my understanding.

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
I would think further extraction to capture just the 'other' alkaloids would be uber expensive plus I think that may defeat the purpose since the other alkaloids are in the nicotine which is extracted. At least that is my understanding.

Nicotine only can be extracted from tobacco. Since nicotine is also contained in WTA, is it possible that nicotine can be further extracted from WTA yielding 'other tobacco alkaloids' and 'nicotine?'

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Mother's Milk WTA is the only wholesale juice I got that didn't seem to have a nicotine level associated with it. It wasn't my favorite of the WTA offerings, didn't seem to have the potency of Aroma or Umbavape, and it was a bit like vaping dirt (the taste) if you used too much of it....

With that said, others may love it. My preferences in order so far: Umbavape
Aroma
Mother's Milk.

Anna

ETA: I would still choose Mother's Milk over no WTA, I did use all mine up. To be fair to MM.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Your first sentence reflects the intent of my question. Do you have answer?
No, I've not seen or heard of anyone producing a mixture of OTAs.

There was a company selling Anatabine as a dietary supplement some years back, but the FDA objected claiming they hadn't proved it was "safe"...

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Nicotine only can be extracted from tobacco. Since nicotine is also contained in WTA, is it possible that nicotine can be further extracted from WTA yielding 'other tobacco alkaloids' and 'nicotine?'
While it may be possible, I don't think you will find anyone(chemist or lab) that would be willing to do so. If you think WTA's are expensive, don't you think further extraction would not only be time consuming but wildly expensive and probably produce such little product that it would not be worth it. This is just my opinion tho, maybe some of ECF's chemist will chime in and give you specs? Kurt and DVap are the 2 chemist that have been on ECF and trying to help with tech questions. AFAIK, DVap is the chemist that got WTA started. I will see if I can find some old posts that may help clarify things for you.

:)

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
From what I understand from reading about the topic, I think WTA is one of those things were it's like "Don't try this at home unless you ARE a chemist and have a home lab..." Believe me, I pondered it for a bit but it sounded ungodly complicated. Didn't someone here INVENT the process and teach it to Aroma, even? (It's raining and dark this morning, I am hazy).

Anna

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
From what I understand from reading about the topic, I think WTA is one of those things were it's like "Don't try this at home unless you ARE a chemist and have a home lab..." Believe me, I pondered it for a bit but it sounded ungodly complicated. Didn't someone here INVENT the process and teach it to Aroma, even? (It's raining and dark this morning, I am hazy).

Anna
Yes, and here is a link to one of DVap's explanations of WTA's and the process.

Nicotine Comparisons

:)

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
...If you think WTA's are expensive, don't you think further extraction would not only be time consuming but wildly expensive and probably produce such little product that it would not be worth it...

Are you speculating? It seems that extracting nicotine from tobacco is taking one constitutent from a very complex collection. To do so, one is already separating nicotine from the 'other tobacco alkylods' and everything else in tobacco. Can nicotine extraction from a simplier set of constiuents be horribly costlier than initial WTA production? Do you have some evidence that taking nicotine out of WTA is somehow very complicated? I don't intend on making a research project out of this and have doubts that my studying the WTA extraction process will shed light on the matter of separating nicotine from WTA. So far it seems no one is offering anything but conjecture based on the notion that extraction of WTA is complex. It seems like nobody posting has any knowledge on whether or not nicotine removal from WTA can reasonably be done. Given WTA, how complicated would taking the nicotine out be? Don't attempt to shoot down the question without any substantial basis.

I don't think your statement that 'further extraction would not only be time consuming but wildly expensive...' isn't really based on anything other than what is known about extraction of WTA. As I've pointed out, regular extraction of nicotine from a more complicated beginning product which includes the 'other tobacco alkylods' is routine and inexpensive. My point is not to recover nicotine from WTA, but rather to obtain 'other tobacco alkyloids' free of nicotine.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Are you speculating? It seems that extracting nicotine from tobacco is taking one constitutent from a very complex collection. To do so, one is already separating nicotine from the 'other tobacco alkylods' and everything else in tobacco. Can nicotine extraction from a simplier set of constiuents be horribly costlier than initial WTA production? Do you have some evidence that taking nicotine out of WTA is somehow very complicated? I don't intend on making a research project out of this and have doubts that my studying the WTA extraction process will shed light on the matter of separating nicotine from WTA. So far it seems no one is offering anything but conjecture based on the notion that extraction of WTA is complex. It seems like nobody posting has any knowledge on whether or not nicotine removal from WTA can reasonably be done. Given WTA, how complicated would taking the nicotine out be? Don't attempt to shoot down the question without any substantial basis.

I don't think your statement that 'further extraction would not only be time consuming but wildly expensive...' isn't really based on anything other than what is known about extraction of WTA. As I've pointed out, regular extraction of nicotine from a more complicated beginning product which includes the 'other tobacco alkylods' is routine and inexpensive. My point is not to recover nicotine from WTA, but rather to obtain 'other tobacco alkyloids' free of nicotine.
I do understand your point. Did you read the post I linked in a previous post? It seems to me that you should direct your questions to DVap since he is the one who set the extraction of WTA(at least here on ECF) in motion for the vape world.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
AFAIK, DVap is the chemist that got WTA started. I will see if I can find some old posts that may help clarify things for you.
This appears to be true; as Aroma gives @DVap credit on their FAQ page:
upload_2017-12-17_23-31-37.png

(source link)
I do understand your point. Did you read the post I linked in a previous post? It seems to me that you should direct your questions to DVap since he is the one who set the extraction of WTA(at least here on ECF) in motion for the vape world.
@DVap is still active on ECF. Maybe he would be willing to shed a little light on the process???

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Last edited:
I'm glad you are taking this extra step to help your wife fully transition, but I hope it's only a temporary step in your Tobacco Harm Reduction journey. Here is an excerpt from the following link.
WTA FAQ

"WTA is a more complex mixture than an e-liquid containing only nicotine. Logically, WTA is not as safe as a nicotine only e-liquid. It is, however, this increased complexity that we believe affords WTA the ability to help a struggling vaper not fall back to smoking analogs.
Is WTA addictive?
Due to the additional alkaloids present, WTA liquid may be more addictive than an eliquid containing only nicotine. Research generally focuses on the addictive nature of nicotine, so a definite conclusion is difficult to reach. Certainly with WTA's ability to provide greater satisfaction than an e-liquid containing only nicotine, it is possible that one may develop a psychological, if not a physiological, dependence on the substance that provides that satisfaction."

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Did you think I was making this up? Why?

Aroma Ejuice
Not at all Sugar. But, because I was not there during WTA creation, and I am not in personal contact with either DVap or Aroma, I don't want to present myself as any sort of authority. My using "appears," in that context, is only intending to allow for the possibility I could be mistaken.:)

(21 years of marriage, and two ex-wives... I am acutely aware just how often I can be wrong!:shock:)
:D:lol::lol::lol::D

The second part was merely my attempt to actually tag DVap (because I hadn't seen anyone do that yet in this thread), and see if he might be willing to stop by and share his first-hand knowledge.

I'm sorry if I worded my post in such a manner to make anyone think I did not trust your previous comments. That was poor writing on my part.:blush: I have always found your posts to be helpful, informative, and accurate.:D

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Not at all Sugar. But, because I was not there during WTA creation, and I am not in personal contact with either DVap or Aroma, I don't want to present myself as any sort of authority. My using "appears," in that context, is only intending to allow for the possibility I could be mistaken.:)

(21 years of marriage, and two ex-wives... I am acutely aware just how often I can be wrong!:shock:)
:D:lol::lol::lol::D

The second part was merely my attempt to actually tag DVap (because I hadn't seen anyone do that yet in this thread), and see if he might be willing to stop by and share his first-hand knowledge.

I'm sorry if I worded my post in such a manner to make anyone think I did not trust your previous comments. That was poor writing on my part.:blush: I have always found your posts to be helpful, informative, and accurate.:D
I purposely did not tag DVap or Kurt but I did mention them in my post. It was my intent to get other members to do a little digging and looking around ECF in order to find their answers from the appropriate sources. I am certainly no expert in WTA and have never claimed to be, but I was present here on ECF during that time and remember it well and helped others outside ECF to finally kick the cigarettes. I simply refused to engage in what appeared to be some members sporting for an argument, and demanding answers when they were simply to lazy to look it up themselves. My comments are not meant for you or the majority of members who frequented this thread. As they say, if the shoe fits.

As for your wording in your post......yeah, you could have worded it way differently, as there was really no other way to interpret what you wrote. But since you appropriately apologized, you are forgiven. I sincerely hope you were not thinking you were coming to my defense as I didn't and don't need a rescue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread