Some inquiries I have about the Snow Wolf...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Circa Survivor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2014
Omaha, NE
I got the snow wolf a few days ago, and have been somewhat enjoying it. A few things I really dislike (having to wake it and unlock it every 5 frickin' minutes) but enjoy it for the most part. I have a couple questions though.

When using kanthal, the only way I have seen that it will detect it is firing the device then after about 2 seconds it will very briefly not fire then it will fire again with the displayed temp disappearing, indicating that it's in kanthal mode. Is this normal?

Secondly, is there any way to lock the resistance when using the temp control? I saw a recent video where twisted420 had the limited edition, and he was able to lock the temperature when using nickel coils. Is this a feature only on the limited edition one? If so, that's a load of **** and screws anyone who already bought the device over, since there's no USB for any kind of firmware upgrade.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: This is the Snow Wolf 200w, btw xD

1MEANGT

Mar 16, 2015
Chicago
I have been using my snow wolf for about a month now. I absolutely love it. The lock feature should only lock the device after 30 mins of no use. Not a big deal for me.

When changing tanks or RDA's it usually asks if it is a new atomizer. I have had it not ask though. And when switching from TC to kanthal I have experienced the same as you. It will fire for a few seconds like it is still in TC mode and then the temp disappears and works in power mode. Thought it was weird at first since it did not ask if it was a new atomizer. And looks like it is still in TC mode for a sec. But no ill effects and the device switch's on it's own.

There is no atty lock on the original. Heard they changed that on the limited addition. Not a big deal for me either as it just shows the current resistance. If you just tap the fire button the resistance will drop as the atty cools down. Hope that helps.

Circa Survivor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2014
Omaha, NE
Seems like every time after it locks, it has to figure out if it's kanthal again by firing in temp mode for a few seconds. Just find that sort of strange. Why isn't there just a kanthal mode and a nickel mode? The ipv4 has it, and that thing is kinda poopy. And ya, I noticed the temp does drop after firing, but I assumed it's going to effect the overall vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread