Some more evidence of the green liquid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tr1age

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
New York, New York
alttabme.com
I saw an article on the RSS feed website: E-cig News: The electronic cigarette news & inf..., about fountain that had [FONT="]propylene glycol [/FONT]spilled into it. The article was interesting because it wasn’t aimed at “e-smokers” which made it very non biased about the chemical.
[INDENT] [FONT="]But Councilman Jeffrey Lahullier, the borough’s liaison for buildings and grounds, assures that the substance in the fountain isn’t ethylene glycol—the substance used to cool cars—but its cousin propylene glycol, which is safe if consumed by adults or animals.[/FONT]
[/INDENT] They defended that it was non toxic and completely safe for humans. People were scared it was in the water and they said there was nothing to worry about.
[FONT="]According to the Web site of the federal Agency for Toxic Substances & Disease Registry (ATSDR), the compound is safe to ingest by humans and animals. “In contrast to ethylene glycol, a potent cause of acute toxicity in humans, propylene glycol is a “generally recognized as safe” (GRAS) additive for foods and medications,” ATSDR documents say.[/FONT]
[/INDENT] [INDENT] [FONT="]In addition to being used to prevent water pump systems from freezing in cold weather, propylene glycol is used as an additive in foods, tobacco, medicines and cosmetics. It is more expensive than ethylene glycol, but far safer. Only excessively large intravenous injections of medicines infused with the substance have been known to cause any toxic reactions.[/FONT]
However here is the thing that got me, the color of the water was greenish yellow. Now I dunno if it is just me being weird but for those of you who are e-smokers, I wanna ask you to take a good look at the color of your urine. If I wouldn’t have seen the picture of the colored water here:

I don’t think I would have thought twice, but after drinking a lot of water the other day and still having pee very deep colored such as in the picture one has to wonder.

So just some more info for you all to check out. Would love to hear if you have had this experience or if I was just dehydrated.
icon_razz.gif

Read the original article here: Councilman adds propylene glycol to city fountain to keep water from freezing. Water turns green !

-----------
Taken from my article on esmoking101.com

Trich

Jan 20, 2009
PNW
Hmm.. Has each owner of green tainted juice contacted JC and told them of such, personally? Im not sure if they (Johnson Creek) are aware of how widespread this problem seems to be. At the very least I believe everyone who has bad liquid, and has likely already been vaping it, should receive a full and hopefully safe replacement.

We still have not heard a clear answer as to why these liquids have been turning. Only speculation at this point. Has anyone heard a definite answer from JC as of yet?

I picked this up on my travels.

I worked for Dr Pepper in the '80's, and it did contain propylene gylcol as a flavor stabilizer. Propylene glycol is used in antifreeze and de-icing solutions, but is considered non-toxic.

As with any antifreeze, it also demonstrates a sweet taste, which allowed Dr Pepper to use less cane sugar in the formula.

Since Dr Pepper has a combination of natural and artificial flavors, proplyene glycol was used to ensure that the flavor would not change if the product was frozen.

But because proplylene gylcol is also used in antifreeze, it was determined at a high-level marketing meeting in 1986 between Dr Pepper management and their advertising agency, that the potential liability of the public connecting their product to antifreeze would be catastrophic.

About that time, the Dr Pepper formula was changed to incorporate less-expensive high fructose corn syrup instead of cane sugar.

When that re-formulation took place, the propylene glycol was deleted.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Hmm.. Has each owner of green tainted juice contacted JC and told them of such, personally? Im not sure if they (Johnson Creek) are aware of how widespread this problem seems to be. At the very least I believe everyone who has bad liquid, and has likely already been vaping it, should receive a full and hopefully safe replacement.

We still have not heard a clear answer as to why these liquids have been turning. Only speculation at this point. Has anyone heard a definite answer from JC as of yet?

The owners of the green juice were advised to contact JC and return it....and they would make good on it.

As far as I saw, they are still in the process of testing it so have no definitive answer on this yet.

I think the other thread might have more info.

Lu

tr1age

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
New York, New York
alttabme.com

I am not talking about the liquid itself turning green. I am talking about your urine looking like the green tint above.

The juice turning green may have to do with the water molecules in the air and oxidation , which may have to do with the same urine color things...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread