Some of my FluXomizers arrived cracked...question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Hello, I tried emailing Tuesday and calling earlier today, haven't heard anything so I thought I'd post here.

3 packs of the XLs arrived Tuesday. I opened one and multiple cracks around the base, same with the 2nd. 3 out of the box had multiple cracks around the base. Seems...to me at least the thicker tube is causing to much stress at the base as they are all cracked in the same area. I can run my finger down the side and feel a bulge where the tube mounts to the base right below the o-ring.

Anyway I'm wondering what to do with the other two boxes, should I open them and see how many are cracked or what? 60% with cracks out of the first box isn't a very good rate. I thought about ordering replacement tubes but if they are the thicker ones also I don't even want to attempt to try and push them on.

On a positive side the one I'm using is awesome and I'm no my 2nd fill. Wicks well, haven't had any leaks. I just have to clean it with the tube on because there is no way I'm going to try and pressure fit this thing again. Why couldn't they have just added the thicker wicks and left the last batch alone? lol

Any way, just wondering what to do with the remaining two boxes

Thanks

PS...I forgot to mention and others might want to check as well. The ohm is off on these. On the last batch I ordered also 2.6-2.8 they all measured within that range. These I've only had one out of the first box measure below 3.0 and the box is marked correctly according to what I ordered, 2.6-2.8.

Last edited:

MJBinNM

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2011
New Mexico
I haven't ordered any of the new ones yet, but with the old ones, I always replace the tubes with a 3ml BD syringe tube right out of the pack. I never liked the way that the cracks would just show up.

I found a place online that carries the syringes for 20 cents a piece or just over 12 bucks for a box of 100 that came to around 20 bucks with shipping. I've got plenty now.

One thing though...the syringe tubes will not fit through an unmodified eGo cone...

Last edited:

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Sent you an email on this, I remember it...anyway I was mentioning to return the other two boxes unused if you don't feel confident with them. We can take a look at them for you and replace or give you a credit.

Hello, I tried emailing Tuesday and calling earlier today, haven't heard anything so I thought I'd post here.

3 packs of the XLs arrived Tuesday. I opened one and multiple cracks around the base, same with the 2nd. 3 out of the box had multiple cracks around the base. Seems...to me at least the thicker tube is causing to much stress at the base as they are all cracked in the same area. I can run my finger down the side and feel a bulge where the tube mounts to the base right below the o-ring.

Anyway I'm wondering what to do with the other two boxes, should I open them and see how many are cracked or what? 60% with cracks out of the first box isn't a very good rate. I thought about ordering replacement tubes but if they are the thicker ones also I don't even want to attempt to try and push them on.

On a positive side the one I'm using is awesome and I'm no my 2nd fill. Wicks well, haven't had any leaks. I just have to clean it with the tube on because there is no way I'm going to try and pressure fit this thing again. Why couldn't they have just added the thicker wicks and left the last batch alone? lol

Any way, just wondering what to do with the remaining two boxes

Thanks

PS...I forgot to mention and others might want to check as well. The ohm is off on these. On the last batch I ordered also 2.6-2.8 they all measured within that range. These I've only had one out of the first box measure below 3.0 and the box is marked correctly according to what I ordered, 2.6-2.8.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Don't know what happened with the Email, had no issues receiving emails from you in the past. I've been checking ever since Tuesday and haven't seen it, also checked my junk mail.

Anyway, appreciate the response and offer but I'm going to try and pick up a few BD Syringes from CVS. Was going today but I had to put it off till in the morning. If they have any to try those should hold up better anyway and be cheaper than return shipping. If they don't have any or can't get any in I'll let you know and return the remaining two boxes.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Went to CVS this morning. Only wanted to purchased 2 of the BD 3ml syringe until I tried them. Cut to length slide the original off, new one on, done. I wish I would have got more now and will be getting them again on my next trip, they work great. Not as clear as the originals but look to be alot more durable and fit great. As said before they don't fit through a Riva/Ego cone but other than that if anyone is having issues with cracking this is a cheap fix.

Dirgon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2011
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
I had an issue with cracks, too. I did get a free 5 pack of replacement tubes, though.

I'm using the syringe mod on a few, but I don't really like it. Not as clear, too easy to pull off, and I had to cut down an eGo cone to fit.

However, I have noticed this with syringe modding:

With the BDs, if you look at the top where the plunger goes in, it kind of tapers outward. If you cut above the tapered section, and put the base of the clearo on that end, it snaps in much more firmly, making it more difficult to pull off.

If you don't understand what I mean: Cut just a bit off both sides of a BD syringe, but don't cut off too much. Snap in a drip tip, and you'll see the plunger end is a touch smaller, making a firmer contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread