some of the more influential vaping org should publish simple pamphlet to be handed out by B&M and other vaping outlet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullet08

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2014
USA
it seems like lot of information regarding how to use mod safely is not available to general public. i keep hearing people blowing up their mod and getting hurt. i'm sure pamphlet with safe use of mod and other information won't completely prevent accidents, but it should cut down on the problems.

when i started thinking about vaping, it was almost impossible to find simple information to use the mod. nothing really out there unless you start digging into forums and other resources to get the idea of what need to be done.

lot of general public who are interested in vaping won't try to dig into what will need to be done. they will buy stuff, put them together in some sort of fashion and will be disappointed or blow themselves up.

why not make some simple tri-fold pamphlet and have the B&M and online outlet to send out with every order? with big warning "READ THIS FIRST OR YOU MIGHT LOSE FINGER OR TWO OR AN EYE OR TWO".

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
it seems like lot of information regarding how to use mod safely is not available to general public. i keep hearing people blowing up their mod and getting hurt. i'm sure pamphlet with safe use of mod and other information won't completely prevent accidents, but it should cut down on the problems.

when i started thinking about vaping, it was almost impossible to find simple information to use the mod. nothing really out there unless you start digging into forums and other resources to get the idea of what need to be done.

lot of general public who are interested in vaping won't try to dig into what will need to be done. they will buy stuff, put them together in some sort of fashion and will be disappointed or blow themselves up.

why not make some simple tri-fold pamphlet and have the B&M and online outlet to send out with every order? with big warning "READ THIS FIRST OR YOU MIGHT LOSE FINGER OR TWO OR AN EYE OR TWO".

You could start that ;)

Maybe toss the idea out in the modding forum or battery forum. Someone knowledgeable might jump on the idea. It takes one person to get the ball rolling. You could be that person.

Last edited:

Cacique

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Orlando, FL
I see EleanorRs point. Another thing I thought about was that some B&Ms might not want to carry something like that thinking it would scare people off. I think it's a good idea though.

I'm part of a Betta fish forum, and because they get such poor care normally they've created pamphlets like that that they could hand to people.

I'm also part of a destructive religious cult forum (I know weird), and we have several web site links that we would write onto the destructive cult's propaganda when we would see it out in public. These web sites would then have all of the information these people keep from you until you're in too deep. Not exactly the same, but we could achieve something similar with something like ECF shirts and bumper stickers or something.

faeriekitsune

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
So. MD
I think this is a great idea. Maybe a less "shock value" title like "Vaping 101 : Safety Tips for the Beginning Vaper" though.

Bullet is right; a lot of noobs don't look stuff up and catastrophic battery failures are becoming mainstream news. I like Requiem's idea of a printable pdf for the average vaper to bring to their local B&M, or even for the owners to print up. Eleanor had a point as well though, and someone with a background in law would definitely need to write up some "Not to be considered professional advice" "writers not to be held criminally liable in case of accident" lingo.

However, this could be amazing. A little threefold pamphlet with basic battery safety and types, ohms law, why sub ohm must only be attempted after additional research, and basic gear lists for rebuilding. I mean, how many posts in the New Members forum contain "why do I need an ohm meter? my mod measures ohms!" or "do I need IMR or ICR batteries? what's the big difference?"

I could even see a small series of these so that the big topics are broken up. "Vaping 101: Safety Tips for the Beginning Vaper", "Vaping 202: The World of Regulated and Mechanical Batteries", "Vaping 203: Why Rebuild? Tips and Guide", and "Vaping 300: Sub Ohm Vaping - Pros, Cons, and Safety".

If every shop handed something like this to their customers on their first purchase of the applicable type, I'm sure many of the dumb, inexperienced mistakes we hear about would be helped or prevented. Of course, it won't solve everything because there is a never ending supply of volunteers for the Darwin Awards, but it could help.

faeriekitsune

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
So. MD
CASAA Printable Material

CASAA Printable Material

Good for printing and sharing at vape shops and stuff they can hand out as well.

Those are helpful for those who are suspicious of vaping or worried family members.

I was thinking more the guide of tips and warnings in the back of a user manual.

sisu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2014
Texas
Taste Your Juice:
Ask pbusardo for permission to print and distribute with credit given to him.
Taste Your Juice | BATTERY INFORMATION

Zample Box:
Free downloads.
https://www.zamplebox.com/vaping-battery-safety

ETA:
Perhaps pbusardo would be willing to make the info into a downloadable pdf file. It could be watermarked with Taste Your Juice .com and locked to discourage editing of the original.

If I lived anywhere near a B&M I would print copies and take them to the stores each week. The weekly visits would serve as a friendly reminder for the owner and employees to stress battery safety.

Last edited:

philoshop

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2014
geneva, ny, usa
It's a terrific grassroots concept. It never hurts to ease someone's learning curve with the voice(s) of experience.
Simply pointing someone to existing ECF threads with a pamphlet would be of tremendous value to those wanting to learn more, and to those who are unaware that there is, in fact, a lot more to learn.
The 'difficulty' with vaping, and a good many other things for that matter, will always lie with those who don't wish to learn and don't recognize any real need to learn. Unfortunately willful ignorance has become something of a lifestyle, and pamphlets won't help with that.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
It's a terrific grassroots concept. It never hurts to ease someone's learning curve with the voice(s) of experience.
Simply pointing someone to existing ECF threads with a pamphlet would be of tremendous value to those wanting to learn more, and to those who are unaware that there is, in fact, a lot more to learn.
The 'difficulty' with vaping, and a good many other things for that matter, will always lie with those who don't wish to learn and don't recognize any real need to learn. Unfortunately willful ignorance has become something of a lifestyle, and pamphlets won't help with that.

This is very true. BUT if you can one person to read and possibly save them from disaster...
Bet there would be more than one saved ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread