Not open for further replies.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
So, a friend of mine who's also a recovering smoker showed me how to wrap a coil using a cordless 3/8" drill motor. And I just happened to have a sigelei Moonshot rta that I bought sometime in early 2016 (I think) and a spool of SS316 (not 316L). And it's a rainy, stormy Sunday here. And I just happened to have a few hours to kill.

So, with only one good hand I did this.

20171022_152753.jpg

Ten wraps each on a drill bit (somewhere between 3/32" and 9/64") and the build read 0.49 Ohms on the mod. Cool beans. Time to wick it.

20171022_173248.jpg

Said a little prayer ("Oh, God... please don't let this little fart leak all over my new Battlestar! + ). Filled up the tank, opened the airflow and... vaped it.

moonsbuild.jpg

First build in almost two years and it was pretty good!

Building on the Moonshot is a chore unless you find a way to keep the spinning deck still while you're working. I straightened out a paper clip and stuck a leg through the airflow and that little sucker stayed put.

Last edited:

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I believe it. I've done it. Didn't like it much, but it sparked an idea for a geared-down spindle (effing drill spins too fast). Especially if I could cannibalize the level winder off a fishing reel...

Well done, and welcome back.:banana:

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
So, a friend of mine who's also a recovering smoker showed me how to wrap a coil using a cordless 3/8" drill motor. And I just happened to have a Sigelei Moonshot RTA that I bought sometime in early 2016 (I think) and a spool of SS316 (not 316L). And it's a rainy, stormy Sunday here. And I just happened to have a few hours to kill.

So, with only one good hand I did this.

View attachment 695285

Ten wraps each on a drill bit (somewhere between 3/32" and 9/64") and the build read 0.49 Ohms on the mod. Cool beans. Time to wick it.

View attachment 695287

Said a little prayer ("Oh, God... please don't let this little fart leak all over my new Battlestar! + ). Filled up the tank, opened the airflow and... vaped it.

View attachment 695299

First build in almost two years and it was pretty good!

Building on the Moonshot is a chore unless you find a way to keep the spinning deck still while you're working. I straightened out a paper clip and stuck a leg through the airflow and that little sucker stayed put.
Awesome, looks good

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
That's lovely CC. I don't think I could do that with two hands either...

Anna

You could if you spent as much time on it as I did. I was determined to have a leak-free build, so I prolly spent at least an hour wicking it.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
LOL I've spent about 4 hours trying to install a simple coil and wick into a doggystyle. It's still not working.... I have built some other stuff, but that tank is a deep mystery to me at this point. I keep trying to muster up the courage to empty it out, wash everything and start over. The good news is, it's not leaking, LOL. The bad news is, it's not registering a coil either and it totally did on my ohm's meter. I think there was a short in the coil, actually. But that thing... oy.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread