Some people need to learn more about vaping...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCVapes23

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2017
Went away with my whole family for the weekend for my grandmothers birthday. I pulled my vape out and my cousin asked what it was, so I told her. Then my aunt , and grandmother proceeded to say “ oh vaping is no better for you than smoking cigarettes do you think it’s safer or better for you cause it’s not“ “ it doesn’t help you quit smoking “ . Just makes me mad how misinformed people are because of the bulls*** they see on cnn and Facebook or tv. It’s getting kind or ridiculous. Sad to see people would rather have friends or loved one smoke cigarettes because vaping is just as “ bad “ as stinkies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Generally i ask them where they heard that, if they tell me facebook or the news i ask them this : If they told you smoking was good for you would you believe them, to such they generally say no so i say then why do you believe that when you have done 0 research of your own.

If they still argue i stop there.Not worth my time nor is it my job to educate people, if they wanna be ignorant that's their own problem.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I don’t remember cnn being particularly anti vaping. I’m not a constant viewer though. I do remember a particularly horrific episode of the doctors where one of them stood up with a bottle of 3mg liquid and claimed one drop would kill you. Anti vaping propaganda is coming from multiple sources these days. You got anti smoking groups on the left and big tobacco on the right.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
During a recent work physical the doctor noticed my vape hanging from my neck and growled about it being worse than cigs.

Would there be a point even attempting to educate someone that full of theirself? I just shout my head.

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Tried that with my brother... nope, not happening. I decided to stop trying to bang my head on that brick wall. He kept quoting Stan the Man...
He may just enjoy annoying you too much. Siblings are like that

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
He may just enjoy annoying you too much. Siblings are like that

I wish it was that. Unfortunately, he's the stereotypical rabid ANTZ former smoker. Absolutely believes those things are worse for you (all while saying we don't know enough), you haven't stopped smoking, etc etc. There is no hope with this one.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
LOL with all the nonsense these days, I try to educate for a minute, then I ask the person why they are so darn interested in the state of my health, and slowly lead them into a "you are a stalker, you are stalking me aren't you," sort of situation.

It's kind of fun, because well, if you refuse to learn, I refuse to be nice to you in too many ways. If you want to get all up in my grill about vaping, well, I want to get all up in your grill about how to obtain a restraining order.

Hey, either way they are learning, rite?

Anna

Walee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2017
I can't really blame people in general. The only information they get is lies from the God Box. Are the naive for believing the God Box? Sure but these folks nave no vested interest in vaping an no reason to research it. I fault media and pseudo science and of course those paying for the whole .... show. I just tell them my nuts fell off after a week of vaping and they go away.

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
Yep.....I can't believe these non-vaping types don't actually take the time to research all aspects of an activity they couldn't care less about so they could be properly informed before approaching us. It's just rude. :?:
They learn everything from Facebook, don’t ya know that!

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
They learn everything from Facebook, don’t ya know that!
Who cares? When it comes to people's perception of what I do, I don't care if they listen to Dr Suess.
I wish the FDA would dig a little deeper for solid research, but I don't expect anyone else to.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Who cares? When it comes to people's perception of what I do, I don't care if they listen to Dr Suess.
I wish the FDA would dig a little deeper for solid research, but I don't expect anyone else to.
The FDA does have some experience with the tricks big tobacco likes to play with research and are a bit more immune than some other places. They aren’t super quick though. Any research the FDA starts will take years to finish

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Trouble is first impressions tend to stick in the eyes of the masses. And when vaping first began the rumors swirled.

To this day non alcohol drinkers think being drunk causes you to see pink elephants. That myth was started during prohibition in the 1920's. I gotta tell ya, try as I may I never saw a pink elephant while I was drinking until I passed out during my younger days.

We know vaping is a lot safer than tobacco. But there will always be people who think vaping causes popcorn lung, devices explode and that it is as bad for you as smoking tobacco.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Luckily it's turned a corner in the UK and more of a pro vaping message is getting out. Health England have come out strongly in support of vaping and a cross party committee which has had a thorough look into vaping did it as an evidence based study. They reported not long ago and it looks like the UK will becoming a vape friendly country post brexit with a recommended rethink about the TPD regulations we will no longer need to follow.

Last edited:

keelalagirl55

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
Trouble is first impressions tend to stick in the eyes of the masses. And when vaping first began the rumors swirled.

To this day non alcohol drinkers think being drunk causes you to see pink elephants. That myth was started during prohibition in the 1920's. I gotta tell ya, try as I may I never saw a pink elephant while I was drinking until I passed out during my younger days.

We know vaping is a lot safer than tobacco. But there will always be people who think vaping causes popcorn lung, devices explode and that it is as bad for you as smoking tobacco.

I dunno...the shine made during prohibition...I bet I'd see pink elephants for a week after drinking some of that :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread