Some questions about battery in a mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

joecil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Russell Springs, Kentucky
I recently got a Nemesis clone and love it. Now I'm using 2 types of 18650 batteries I'm using with it. They are the Efest IMR 18650 2500 mAh 3.7V LI-MN High Drain Rechargeable Battery, Flat Top, Purple, 35 AMPS and the Sony US18650VTC4 2100mAh 3.7V 30A High Drain Hybrid IMR Battery - Button Top with either a Kick2 (haven't tried yet) and the smok Magnet 7A Safety Fuse which I am using. So my question is how does one know when the battery is getting low and needs re-charging before it is too low? The other question is about how long do they last which I know is hard to say but say a minimum amount of time before needing to worry about it? I'm also speaking of freshly charged batteries in both cases. Thanks as the mech. mods are real new to me.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
It all depends - a lot - on what resistance you plan on running. Could be an hour, could be eight hours. Without that piece of the puzzle there is no practical answer for this one. The lower the resistance the shorter the run time.

As to when it's time to recharge, you should notice an obvious drop off in vapor production. Don't push it - pull the battery at that point and check the voltage, especially if you are unsure.

joecil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Russell Springs, Kentucky
It all depends - a lot - on what resistance you plan on running. Could be an hour, could be eight hours. Without that piece of the puzzle there is no practical answer for this one. The lower the resistance the shorter the run time.

As to when it's time to recharge, you should notice an obvious drop off in vapor production. Don't push it - pull the battery at that point and check the voltage, especially if you are unsure.

At this time I am running a Kayfun with a 1.4 ohm coil. I just checked it after 1 hour and it has gone from 4.09 to 4.05 volts. I checked it with one of those 510 pass thru type voltage meters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread