Some questions about possible issues with the REO Grand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitdiculous

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2010
Milton, Ontario
Hope I can get some help with these questions.. I emailed Rob last night and haven't heard back, but I understand the guy is super busy... the more I've browsed through the forums I'm 99.9% sure I'm going to get one anyways, but I hope some of you guys could provide some insight on these concerns... it was based on GrimGreen's review

these were my questions to Rob: (some where answered by browsing already)

- Can I get the silver door to be brushed as opposed to a standard polished finish? (this is better for hiding finger prints?
- What is the wait time on these at the moment?
- How do these work with the AW IMR high drain batteries? I currently only use 14500 and 16340's on other mods right now, will fitment be an issue?
- What is your warranty on this product?
- I saw GrimGreen's review on this mod and he mentioned there were issues with the battery cover rattling (he sort of fixed this problem by putting a thin piece of tape on the bottom), is this still an issue?
- Another small gripe he had was the battery cover sliding up and over the "top" part of the box if he didn't keep his pinky at the bottom, is this still an issue?
- Are there internal protections with this unit in case of over heating or shorts? (ie. heat sync)
- Do you have a rating for how long the switch would last? (ie. 1000000 clicks etc...)

Thanks in advance for your help guys, 2 weeks would be a long time to wait :( and even then no guarantee of getting one unless I'm glued to my comp right? with a 1 month old kid it's tough to get any time right now :(

Big Daddy Harley

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa
hey Fit, I'll answer what I can,
1. Satin finish on body and doors
2. Rob posted 2 weeks on the Reo update and sales info sticky thread
3. I use the AW 18650 IMR batteries in my grand and they work great
4. not sure
5. I have the first run on the grands, it rattled a little, but I put electrical tape on my batteries to make it easier to pull them out and that also eliminated the rattle
6. Because the switch is on the top, I always have my pinky on the bottom for support, was a non issue for me
7. I do know that the spring will collapse thus creating distance between the firing pin and battery to stop the connection
8. The switch is mechanical so it is not rated for so many times, should last years

Hope this answered some of your questions. One good thing about REO sales is that when they go up for sale, they are ready to be shipped. It is also a good Idea if you miss a sale to contact Rob, someone may back out and he may have an extra

Fitdiculous

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2010
Milton, Ontario
thanks BDH... so having 2 16340 IMR batteries to vape at 6V should be np then right?

another question about these sales as it seems different from when I ordered my VV Ali'i.... so what do I need to do? just keep an eye out or subscribe to that sale/update thread and then on the day of the actually sale I go this his site and see what's available (ie. showing IN STOCK) and order it that way? or is it through PM's/emails once the sale date arrives?

Big Daddy Harley

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa
thanks BDH... so having 2 16340 IMR batteries to vape at 6V should be np then right?

another question about these sales as it seems different from when I ordered my VV Ali'i.... so what do I need to do? just keep an eye out or subscribe to that sale/update thread and then on the day of the actually sale I go this his site and see what's available (ie. showing IN STOCK) and order it that way? or is it through PM's/emails once the sale date arrives?

I use the lifepo rcr123a's for 6V but I think those should work
Rob will update the sales info thread in this subforum. But first you want to go to his site and register reosmods.com at the bottom of the page. set-up a paypal account if you don't already have one. On sale day, Rob will shut the site down in time to upload stock then at the designated time open the site up for sales

Last edited:

Fitdiculous

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2010
Milton, Ontario
I did register an account and have paypal so I'm good to go there... guess I'll just need to keep my eyes peeled for the sale date. This designated time slot for ordering will be posted in these subforums I assume? typically what's the time window in ordering before all is sold out?

I may get the mini as I have a ton of 14500's too... just dunno if I can justify spending another $135 2 weeks later :p with my VV Ali'i out of commission right now I need something asap to vape while driving... never really like carto's and dripping while driving with our roads here in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) you're just asking for an accident :(

Fitdiculous

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2010
Milton, Ontario
2 16340 IMR high drains would put you at 7.4 volts which is fine if you like really hot vape and use high voltage atties. If you want to go 6 volts you need aw or tenergy LifePo 16340 3.2 volt batteries.

oh right... forgot it's not regulated like on my VV ali'i :(

I do have some HV atties... I think they metered at 4.5ohms but can't remember for sure (does that sound about right?)... but even at that it's going to be running at 12 watts or so which will be way too hot I think :( .... crap I really didn't want to buy more batteries... does anyone know if the Lifepo batteries are safe to charge on the iBC Pila charger?

brian5470

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2010
Trenton, Ohio, United States
oh right... forgot it's not regulated like on my VV ali'i :(

I do have some HV atties... I think they metered at 4.5ohms but can't remember for sure (does that sound about right?)... but even at that it's going to be running at 12 watts or so which will be way too hot I think :( .... crap I really didn't want to buy more batteries... does anyone know if the Lifepo batteries are safe to charge on the iBC Pila charger?

No the Pila charger does not have a 3 volt setting unless I am wrong. you would be better off getting something like this.Rechargeable Batteries & Battery Chargers - 6 RCR123A 3.0V 750mAh LiFePO4 Rechargeable Batteries with a Smart Charger -Specials

Fitdiculous

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2010
Milton, Ontario
Hello fitdiculous I don't recall getting a email from you I could have missed it if so I apologize.Not sure what night you sent the email but when I have sales I can have up to a 150 emails to go through.

no problem Rob, I sent it last night pretty late, actually it was really early this morning at 1:30AMish... no worries, I should've check this sub-forum first... tons of helpful members and info... I didn't realize the craze with these devices until today! I just hope I can get in on the order for a Mini now this Wednesday as I'll be at work at 7PM est and my work computers might block/filter out your site :(

Fitdiculous

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2010
Milton, Ontario
I looked for the email I couldn't find it.I did just change email app new pc.Yes reonauts are a great group I would toss myself in the dirt without them.Pm me if you have problems getting a mod

amazing, simply amazing! Thank you for your offer... I will see if I can borrow a laptop before hand and sneak in a break to get in on the order, but either way thank you so much, look forward to tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread