Some questions on the Dead Rabbit RTA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Seuss

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2019
Hey folks,

I was going back through old atomizers I have and one is the Dead Rabbit rta. The story behind this one is it used to be my gf’s until she dropped it and as I was looking it over I noticed the base was loose, not a wiggle but totally free on the 510 post. Up until that point I remembered it being fixed, like I think most decks are at least in my experience.

I was wondering if it should still be considered safe to use. I took out the 510 and pulled out the “posts” and the insulator between the - and + is still intact, no cracks or anything and when the tank is all together there’s no play in the deck, it screws itself solid again like when the deck was fixed so I can’t really see it shorting anywhere but I wanted to get some opinions on the situation.

Here’s some pictures, you can see it snug tight, pushed as diagonal as the base can get, then down on the threads as low as it can get and then lastly as high above as the threads can get. It’s just a minute amount of movement but from the factory I don’t believe it had any play. The insulator is unharmed so I can’t think of anywhere the electricity would short, and it’s in the same location when everything is put together so.. what do you think?
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
The "rabbit ears" post deck part does turn separately from the base so everything lines up to be screwed together and assure the airflow is aimed down right at the coils. That's kinda bent. I'm surprised you can even screw it back together with that so out of alignment. You can try it, use something like a 521 tab or a regulated mod to fire it, but I don't think it'll short, but I do think it'll leak by failing to make a proper seal on the bottom. I'd build it, check your coils and resistance, then take it off the 510 reassemble and fill. If it doesn't dump juice out around the bottom of the glass I guess you're OK.

Given your concern over the PEEK and whether it'll short I'm thinking you might want to use it on a mech. If so check it out real well with something regulated to check the atomizer before throwing it on a tube. If it doesn't leak.

Dr. Seuss

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2019
Yeah you’re right, I forgot it used to spin. There’s nothing bent on it the base just broke/came loose so instead of it spinning it’s just free now. I can’t figure out how they got that base on there either because you can’t get it down over the threads and I can’t see a way to get the “plate” that the posts connect to off.

That’s weird so it was loose to spin but something was keeping it from going north/south on the 510 post. That must be what broke/came loose/let go, whatever it did. I should try to find a blown up diagram of the tank.

Just for clarity mech mods are above my pay grade so this, if used, would be on a regulated device so not necessarily dangerous but I’d rather not tempt anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread