Status
Not open for further replies.

Alphazero

May 11, 2018
Hello, i bought the nautilus mini and found out that i can use
aspire trition coils with it.
now there is three types:
  • Ni200 wire at 0.15 ohm: to use with a Temperature Control (TC) device
  • Kanthal wire at 1.2 ohm: Quite excellent - great to provide a little more punch to your vapehttps://www.vapeshop.com/aspire-nautilus/
  • Clapton wire at 1.8 ohm: Clapton coil with a Nautilus; fantastic!
my question regads the first, the Nickel.
Can it be used with MTL hits?
And generally, how can i know which coils are suitable for MTL hits?

Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I could be wrong, but when I think of the term MTL, I think "low wattage, high ohm" vaper with a more "restrictive air flow".

Perhaps more important, what are the recommended wattage range of specific coils you listed? If high wattage is required, you would need to open up the airflow to prevent an overly warm/hot vape. Then it's no longer a MTL vape, hmmmm?

Case in point. When my sister first began to vape, she used an Aspire Nautilus on an iStick, which she found to be ideal for her. I gave her an Aspire Triton tank as a second tank, which she didn't like because the vape was too hot for her and made more vapor than she wanted.

Last edited:
  • Useful

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
MTL is when a tank is more restrictive on the airflow, and low wattage, usually cooler vapor...

Some tanks are made with that purpose, but done right, just about any tank can be used as either mtl or dl.

Just turn the power settings lower to balance with a near closed airflow, and it can work fairly well.

Note that the Triton mini has a fairly restricted airflow and low wattage requirements, for me, I'd consider it just fine for mtl as it is

And any coil, used right (as NI and TI is ONLY for temp control) can be used for mtl. There is no specific "better" wire for any sort of vaping, it's about what you prefer to use.

Alphazero

May 11, 2018
Hello, i bought the nautilus mini and found out that i can use
aspire trition coils with it.
now there is three types:
  • Ni200 wire at 0.15 ohm: to use with a Temperature Control (TC) device
  • Kanthal wire at 1.2 ohm: Quite excellent - great to provide a little more punch to your vape
  • Clapton wire at 1.8 ohm: Clapton coil with a Nautilus; fantastic!
my question regads the first, the Nickel.
Can it be used with MTL hits?
And generally, how can i know which coils are suitable for MTL hits?
I could be wrong, but when I think of the term MTL, I think "low wattage, high ohm" vaper with a more "restrictive air flow".

Perhaps more important, what are the recommended wattage range of specific coils you listed? If high wattage is required, you would need to open up the airflow to prevent an overly warm/hot vape. Then it's no longer a MTL vape, hmmmm?

Case in point. When my sister first began to vape, she used an Aspire Nautilus on an iStick, which she found to be ideal for her. I gave her an Aspire Triton tank as a second tank, which she didn't like because the vape was too hot for her and made more vapor than she wanted.

Resistance: 0.15 Ohms
Wire Type: Nickel (NI-200)
Wick Type: Organic Japanese Cotton
Wattage Compatibility: 20W – 45W

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Despite the nickel's low resistance you can still use that coil as MTL. It MUST be vaped in temperature mode, and temperature mode (as best I understand) is sort of more flexible, if you set up your temperatures correctly it won't matter as much as far as the actual resistance of the coil.

I actually have some TC coils that are Atlantis that fit the Nautilus 2 tank but I haven't vaped them yet, I have enough RTAs to do that if I want temperature control mode, but my understanding is that you would still be using them primarily in MTL mode, what you will be adjusting is your temperature settings to get the type of vape you like.

I have found TC to be a bit more forgiving of slightly lower ohm builds in MTL tanks, generally, though.

Best of luck,

Anna

Reactions: Toronnah
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread