Status
Not open for further replies.

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
So far in the past two days I've had a major flooded carto when I put it in a tank.. lost over 3 mls of Boba's in the process:(. Then I filled another carto with just one hole and it did fine until today it started flooding too, which I thought was strange since it was all vg juice. Then I put some strawberry shortcake in a brand new Stardust v2 and all I got was air, no vapor, no crackle, no nothing. I am having no luck with my equipment, I'm losing juice, and I feel like I'm just throwing money in an open pit. I love vaping but would really like to find something that works consistently and so far I've not found it. I'm very frustrated and close to buying a pack of nasties. I am tired of fiddling with equipment to get it to work right. Am I the only one that gets irritated and frustrated like this and what have you found that works consistently? Thanks for any help!!8-o

EJH

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2011
New York, USA
I would guess that your stardust isn't making contact. Take a pair of needle nose pliers and gently, ever so slightly pull the center post on the connection out about a millimeter.

As for the flooding tank, I had one that did that...I needed to replace an inner o-ring where the carto comes out of the top of the tank. The o-ring had gotten nicked and wasn't providing an airtight seal.

Hope this helps.

EJ

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
We all have days like that, I used to let it get me down but all I have to do now is talk to my neighbor, who has COPD and cant leave the house without an O2 tank, and I dont feel so bad. As far as the flooding tanks, how are you filling them, as donnah said the air is getting in and forcing the juice out which usually happens to me if I fill one and then cap it with the holes submerged in the juice. Just blow out the carto, refill the tank and put the cap on untill it just seals the juice in, turn the tank over to expose the holes to the air and then firmly seat the cap, good luck and this too shall pass, unlike emphysema.

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
I would guess that your stardust isn't making contact. Take a pair of needle nose pliers and gently, ever so slightly pull the center post on the connection out about a millimeter.

As for the flooding tank, I had one that did that...I needed to replace an inner o-ring where the carto comes out of the top of the tank. The o-ring had gotten nicked and wasn't providing an airtight seal.

Hope this helps.

EJ

Thanks for the tip. I'll try that on the Stardust. I noticed that the carto is catching on the inside o-ring at the top of the tank when I push it back up to the top. Could this be the problem?

We all have days like that, I used to let it get me down but all I have to do now is talk to my neighbor, who has COPD and cant leave the house without an O2 tank, and I dont feel so bad. As far as the flooding tanks, how are you filling them, as donnah said the air is getting in and forcing the juice out which usually happens to me if I fill one and then cap it with the holes submerged in the juice. Just blow out the carto, refill the tank and put the cap on untill it just seals the juice in, turn the tank over to expose the holes to the air and then firmly seat the cap, good luck and this too shall pass, unlike emphysema.

I'm not sure I quite understand what you mean by capping it with the holes in the juice. The way I do it is fill the carto by either dripping in it or a syringe first. Then I put the carto in through the bottom since it has the flange. I push it about 3/4 up and then lean it to the side and fill the tank, then I push the carto the rest of the way up and put on the drip tip. Does that make any sense? Am I doing it right?

Oh, and good point about the emphysema...I have asthma (yes, I know, I shouldn't have been smoking but...). I can already tell a difference in my breathing in the last 3 weeks.

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
EJ

It worked, it worked!!!:party::banana: Thanks again for the tip!! I can't believe I fixed something, lol.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Yes, that is the correct way to fill initially. When you refill or top off do you just slide the carto down and drip through the hole or do you take the cap off? I was referring to refilling by taking the cap off and topping off the tank. This would have the holes submerged in the juice, then when you force the cap back on it forces the juice through the carto and can cause a flood.I will just set the cap back on the tank so that the o-ring is just resting on the top rim of the tank, then turn the whole tank upside down so that the holes are exposed to the air and then seat the cap. I dont know if I am explaining it well, word pictures are not my strong point.. BTW I dont believe any of us should have been smoking in the first place...

Last edited:

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
Yes, that is the correct way to fill initially. When you refill or top off do you just slide the carto down and drip through the hole or do you take the cap off? I was referring to refilling by taking the cap off and topping off the tank. This would have the holes submerged in the juice, then when you force the cap back on it forces the juice through the carto and can cause a flood.I will just set the cap back on the tank so that the o-ring is just resting on the top rim of the tank, then turn the whole tank upside down so that the holes are exposed to the air and then seat the cap. I dont know if I am explaining it well, word pictures are not my strong point.. BTW I dont believe any of us should have been smoking in the first place...

Ohh, ok, I get it now. I will try it your way and see what happens. I usually pull the carto down and refill but I leave the cap on and drip it down the side of the tank.

Jason McRoy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2012
Tampa, FL
It worked, it worked!!!:party::banana: Thanks again for the tip!! I can't believe I fixed something, lol.

So glad you got it working. I have been having issues with some CE2 Clearomizers I bought and have been getting really frustrated. I switched back to my DC mega carto which lack some taste but isn't leaking at least.

I have a Vivi Nova Tank Clearomizer on the way (checking the usps site constantly! lol) and I hope that will work good with no leaking/issues.

I feel like I am searching for that perfect tank! I wish I could get more into dripping but I can't seem to get it right and I vape too much for it to be practical for me.

-Jason

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
Yeah, I've tried dripping a little bit but vape too much I think for it to work for me.

I just loaded up some of the Boba's in a Stardust like someone recommended to me on another thread and it wicks but it doesn't really taste the same. It's kinda dull. It has a funky aftertaste too. I'll get it right eventually.:unsure:

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
On the tank carto flooding issue, I emptied the tank and cleaned it out. Got a new boge carto (as opposed to the smoketech carto I was using before). Punched a hole, just one, in it. Loaded it with some not so good juice in case it flooded & leaked again. Well, it flooded & leaked so I'm assuming that there is probably an issue with the seals on the tank & that its probably not a carto or juice issue. Right??

Sent from my HTC EVO on Taptalk.

bakedtart

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Whiterock, BC
Hang in there! Remember, no one will give you money back on a pack of smokes, but your suppliers for equip have replacement policies, if they're needed. You're not wasting money, although it does sound like you're cost conscious, and that's not a bad thing! Take advantage of return policies and "contact us" emails. Keep tons on hand (you already know this, I'm preachin' to the choir) to recoup for when something fails. Your investment will be returned to you, eventually.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
The Vivi Nova Tank - Atomizer - Clearomizer, VERSION 2 seems to be a good
step forward in what the manufacturers are foisting on us...:facepalm:

It hasn't leaked on me in over a weeks worth of refills, nice warm vape, good flavor
easy to fill, reasonably priced, as close to drippng as I've run across without the
constant topping off.

dlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Ohio

It hasn't leaked on me in over a weeks worth of refills, nice warm vape, good flavor
easy to fill, reasonably priced, as close to drippng as I've run across without the
constant topping off.

Now, I want to try it, but I have had a day like the OP... Holy crap what a mess I can make filling a carto tank. I had the Vision Stone 3 and hated it as every 3 hits were dry or burnt and the Vivi Nova looks a little like it. How is it different/better? Oh, and I am not a really new vaper, but I am an incredibly dorky one, so it has to be easy.

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA

constant topping off.

Hmm, where did you get it? Might have to try that next.

Sent from my HTC EVO on Taptalk.

wseyller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
Hendersonville NC
I found from my smoketech pre punched cartos that the single hole is a larger hole than the triple hole type. Someone else noticed the same with what they had. The single hole allowed more juice than the triple hole in my case. I use high PG though but it never floods of the four tanks I have in rotation. I know how thick vg is and I would guess something isnt right for it to flood. I suggest to get another tank to try out.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread