Something good happened to me today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

atsirk

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2010
Lake Oswego, Oregon
When things seem nuts - when I'm too busy to relax, or don't have a job and can't fill my day, when I drop my fave batt in a puddle, have no money for groceries or a clerk says something rude to my sweet elderly mother...whatever it is getting me down, big or small - it seems to help if I look back on my day and think about something good that happened. There's always at least one thing I can smile about.

Today, I got my first unemployment insurance deposit. I can now pay my utilities & the rest of my rent. I'm smiling.

What made You smile today?

Last edited:

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
My two black fuzzy kitties. They took over my chair today.

First one sat in my lap, then the other sat on the first one. Every time I had to get up and go to the kitchen, they stretched out further. Pretty soon, one was curled in a round ball and the other laid next to him, flat on his back..his two front paws stretched over his head and his back legs straight into the air and his toes splayed wide.

:)

What made you smile today?

Sallana

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
the North Pole
www.lynnekirsch.com
The same thing that makes me smile everyday. Watching my son grow. This is such a fun age (2 1/2) he's learning new phrases every day, we're censoring ourselves more and more. More things are getting locks applied to them, too =D

But if I had to pin point the exact thing he did, that stand out most to me today, was I was in the kitchen making him some pizza, and I keep hearing from down the hallway - "I can't reach it!" The way he said it, the inflection he used, was too adorable for me to smile and giggle. Turns out he couldn't reach the light switch. Yay!

emilysunshine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2010
Texas
My hubby was laid off a couple of days before Christmas. The taxes are due on my house, but fortunately we had just enough in savings to pay them. So I went to my online banking and transferred the money from savings into my checking. Or so I thought. I did exactly the opposite. Which of course made me overdrawn. So I had $50 in overdraft fees, and that wouldn't leave enough to pay my taxes. Talk about panic! So I go to the bank today and tell the lady what I had done. She smiles and says "No problem". She reversed all the fees and transferred the money. I could breathe again! So, this nice lady at the bank made me smile. Big time.

Sallana

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
the North Pole
www.lynnekirsch.com
Today, I was woken up early by a phone call. It was UPS. I have a note on my door that says to call me if they have a package that requires a signature. so blurry eyed I ran down there and opened the door. The guy said, "We have a package for a "Miss Lynda Kirsch" lol.. I'm Mrs. But anyway, beside the point. I say "Yes, I'm her." He said "Okay, we would like to apologize to ma'am. This package had gotten lost in our Endicott, NY Facility and was recently discovered.Please forgive us our discrepancies and have a nice day."

Confused I went upstairs with the package. And what was inside of it but a complete make-up kit from Avon. Eyeshadow, nail polish, lip gloss, 2 different color eyeliners, mascara, a make-up bag, blush, cover-up.. everything a girl could need, and all very high quality. It was shipped directly from Avon, so I still had no idea where it came from, if it was something I got myself a while ago and just forgot, or if it was a sympathy gift. I dug deeper into the box and found the invoice. Under "Customer Comments" it says this, "Happy early birthday sweet heart. I know we're not talking right now but I just wanted you to know that I will always love you, forever and always. You are my baby girl and mommy misses you. Have a very merry Christmas, and a wonderful birthday, and please give Evan kisses for me. xxoo - Mommy"

That made me smile.

bonniegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2009
South Jersey USA
I woke this morning at the usual 5AM....(the nursing hours still ingrained in me) and scuffed to the coffee maker to make a cup of coffee and turned to see a picture hubby had put on the fridge. It was a silly picture taken in the summer at SouthBeach Miami. I remembered what happened that day....a wild Manatee swam with me after I prayed for God to send a sign my child was OK. He made eye contact with me, circled round and round as I ran my hands down his back. Patches of short furs and smooth areas like a dolphin were rubbed and he returned after circling for another rub. I smiled remembering that moment and knowing all is in Gods' majestic hands. I am smiling with gratitude as I write this.

RippleInStillWater

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Land Of Corruption
Today, I was woken up early by a phone call. It was UPS. I have a note on my door that says to call me if they have a package that requires a signature. so blurry eyed I ran down there and opened the door. The guy said, "We have a package for a "Miss Lynda Kirsch" lol.. I'm Mrs. But anyway, beside the point. I say "Yes, I'm her." He said "Okay, we would like to apologize to ma'am. This package had gotten lost in our Endicott, NY Facility and was recently discovered.Please forgive us our discrepancies and have a nice day."

Confused I went upstairs with the package. And what was inside of it but a complete make-up kit from Avon. Eyeshadow, nail polish, lip gloss, 2 different color eyeliners, mascara, a make-up bag, blush, cover-up.. everything a girl could need, and all very high quality. It was shipped directly from Avon, so I still had no idea where it came from, if it was something I got myself a while ago and just forgot, or if it was a sympathy gift. I dug deeper into the box and found the invoice. Under "Customer Comments" it says this, "Happy early birthday sweet heart. I know we're not talking right now but I just wanted you to know that I will always love you, forever and always. You are my baby girl and mommy misses you. Have a very merry Christmas, and a wonderful birthday, and please give Evan kisses for me. xxoo - Mommy"

That made me smile.

And that made me cry!!!

Congrats b & m (weird doing the lower case!:laugh:), its good when kids wise up early, and you all make me smile

Yesterday my buddy's kids told me they loved me more than their real uncles.......:)

yssiM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2010
MO USA
wow.. we are a blessed bunch!
Bonnie, one of boB's favorite animals ia a manatee, he is gonna love that story! That is incredible.
Oh chelle suck it up hun! they grow up so fast!
Rip, I hope this is early detection of him wising up, some kids get stupider in college, just saying LOL
Being loved by kids is just awesome!

keyzygirl

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Key West,Fl.
Yesterday I went to a new Doctor,Ive had ALOT of health issues and just keep getting sicker.They keep telling me that what Im explaining isnt posible,one put me on an antidepressant and said maybe its menopause.I have cried alot and felt foolish alot,but I just kept plugging away,nuerologists and whatever.Keep trying to figure it out.Why am I taking all these meds and not improving at all??Antibiotics and steroids,making me sicker.WTH??This doctor yesterday took 10 minutes with me and said"your not crazy or depressed,You have a very severe infection and its not the type that they were treating.They were making you sicker with the meds they were prescribing."Seems that for close to 2 years I have had a fungal infection that started in my ear,like swimmers ear,so simple,but the meds made it grow and spread and now its all through my head,in the mastoid bone and still spreading.Can you imagine?She said it has taken a very long time for it to get as bad as it is and it will take long to cure it.She is going over the MRIs to see exactly how bad.BUT,I was so happy.Happy that instead of getting worse,I will be getting better.She CAN help me.I wont be better tomorrow,but I will get better and not be in pain.I have alot more apointments set up and Im not being treated yet because they have to do tests and review the MRIs,But heck ya!Im happy.I kept going and pushing and now I will get better.I will feel better.I will get rid of this burning pain all through my head.The doctor asked me why I was so happy with such a serious diagnosis and I said Im just so happy that you can and will help me and heal me.Im thrilled.LOL,funny but true.Im very happy.

So what made you smile today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread