Status
Not open for further replies.

charmed412

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2010
constant state of confusion
Yesterday I went to a new Doctor,Ive had ALOT of health issues and just keep getting sicker.They keep telling me that what Im explaining isnt posible,one put me on an antidepressant and said maybe its menopause.I have cried alot and felt foolish alot,but I just kept plugging away,nuerologists and whatever.Keep trying to figure it out.Why am I taking all these meds and not improving at all??Antibiotics and steroids,making me sicker.WTH??This doctor yesterday took 10 minutes with me and said"your not crazy or depressed,You have a very severe infection and its not the type that they were treating.They were making you sicker with the meds they were prescribing."Seems that for close to 2 years I have had a fungal infection that started in my ear,like swimmers ear,so simple,but the meds made it grow and spread and now its all through my head,in the mastoid bone and still spreading.Can you imagine?She said it has taken a very long time for it to get as bad as it is and it will take long to cure it.She is going over the MRIs to see exactly how bad.BUT,I was so happy.Happy that instead of getting worse,I will be getting better.She CAN help me.I wont be better tomorrow,but I will get better and not be in pain.I have alot more apointments set up and Im not being treated yet because they have to do tests and review the MRIs,But heck ya!Im happy.I kept going and pushing and now I will get better.I will feel better.I will get rid of this burning pain all through my head.The doctor asked me why I was so happy with such a serious diagnosis and I said Im just so happy that you can and will help me and heal me.Im thrilled.LOL,funny but true.Im very happy.

So what made you smile today?

Wow that is amazing. That made me smile

Sallana

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
the North Pole
www.lynnekirsch.com
Yesterday I went to a new Doctor,Ive had ALOT of health issues and just keep getting sicker.They keep telling me that what Im explaining isnt posible,one put me on an antidepressant and said maybe its menopause.I have cried alot and felt foolish alot,but I just kept plugging away,nuerologists and whatever.Keep trying to figure it out.Why am I taking all these meds and not improving at all??Antibiotics and steroids,making me sicker.WTH??This doctor yesterday took 10 minutes with me and said"your not crazy or depressed,You have a very severe infection and its not the type that they were treating.They were making you sicker with the meds they were prescribing."Seems that for close to 2 years I have had a fungal infection that started in my ear,like swimmers ear,so simple,but the meds made it grow and spread and now its all through my head,in the mastoid bone and still spreading.Can you imagine?She said it has taken a very long time for it to get as bad as it is and it will take long to cure it.She is going over the MRIs to see exactly how bad.BUT,I was so happy.Happy that instead of getting worse,I will be getting better.She CAN help me.I wont be better tomorrow,but I will get better and not be in pain.I have alot more apointments set up and Im not being treated yet because they have to do tests and review the MRIs,But heck ya!Im happy.I kept going and pushing and now I will get better.I will feel better.I will get rid of this burning pain all through my head.The doctor asked me why I was so happy with such a serious diagnosis and I said Im just so happy that you can and will help me and heal me.Im thrilled.LOL,funny but true.Im very happy.

So what made you smile today?

It's not funny that you're happy at all, I'm happy for you. This made me smile today! To finally know what's wrong with you, and that even though it will take a while, it's curable.. That's a blessing, and I'm thrilled to hear the news :)

Ciego

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2010
A dank basement in SE Minnesota
I had a few good smiles today.

* My Ego (the one that went swimming in the mug of coffee) came back to life.

* A friend who is on vacation in Costa Rica phoned me to let me know that he, his fiancee' and her seven year-old son are having a ball.

* I spilled 30 ml. of juice all over my dining room table. It made me smile because a.) I laugh easily at myself b.) the juice was immediately absorbed by a large paper towel on which I had been working and c.) the juice was pretty bad in the first place.

* My menthol DIY turned out ***BRILLIANTLY ***! And it wasn't the juice that spilled...

* My padded mailers arrived from Royal Mailers; I can now continue my PIFfing ways...

What made you smile today?

atsirk

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2010
Lake Oswego, Oregon
Well it's early yet so I'm sure I've a few more smiles in store :) But so far, reading this thread! Thanks, PIFers, for sharing your bright spots - I've smiled, gasped, high-fived my cat (she just looked at me funny), and gotten all kinds of misty reading this. Ooooh I want to (((((((hugs))))))) you all!

p.s. If a mod happens to read this, would it be possible to change the name of the thread to: What made you smile today?

Last edited:

gramakittycat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Reading this thread on the new laptop my kids got me that arrived yesterday! Having people care enough about me to pray for my health issues and prayers being answered.The happy tears flowing from my eyes as I reflect on each of Gods blessings shared in this forum each day.If there is a heaven on earth it is here in the hearts of PIF! This makes me smile.....(((HUGS)))

yssiM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2010
MO USA
Well it's early yet so I'm sure I've a few more smiles in store :) But so far, reading this thread! Thanks, PIFers, for sharing your bright spots - I've smiled, gasped, high-fived my cat (she just looked at me funny), and gotten all kinds of misty reading this. Ooooh I want to (((((((hugs))))))) you all!

p.s. If a mod happens to read this, would it be possible to change the name of the thread to: What made you smile today?
LMAO @ ^5 the kitteh...haha.. thanks for starting this thread hun. I knew u were gonna be a good one :)

Reading this thread on the new laptop my kids got me that arrived yesterday! Having people care enough about me to pray for my health issues and prayers being answered.The happy tears flowing from my eyes as I reflect on each of Gods blessings shared in this forum each day.If there is a heaven on earth it is here in the hearts of PIF! This makes me smile.....(((HUGS)))
YAY gramma, on the laptop! and hope you health is gettin better hun! hugs & prayers (((((((((Sue)))))))))

what made you smile today?

Sallana

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
the North Pole
www.lynnekirsch.com
Posted this in chit chat.. but it's better here:

MY AUNT JEN IS PREGNANT!!

She had 3 kids, then couldn't get pregnant for 16 years, then had 2 miscarriages, then had a beautiful baby girl she named Grace, now she's pregnant again and already almost through her first trimester and didn't even know it!!

The miracle of this? She was on pills and taking them diligently, her "official" estimated date of conception is November 14th, the same day my mom died.

What made YOU smile today?

atsirk

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2010
Lake Oswego, Oregon
Watching my kitteh scratch on her scratching post - I recently adopted her and she's a miracle - uses the cat box without fail, doesn't hang out on the kitchen counters, sleeps with me every night...sigh, I love this girl...watching her play is such a delight - but my fave thing (ok I'm odd lol) is watching her scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread