Something I've wondered about but never asked...

Status
Not open for further replies.

raven9mm

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2009
IL
I think that is it. Look at post #5379, 5384 and 5385.

Not really, they are not called "chuck" becuase jeff uses a lathe called a "CHUCKER LATHE"... Jeff does not have one of those lathes. Nor are they called "Chuck" because of a lathe called a "CHUCKER LATHE".
I can say you guys are kinda close, but it is simpler than that.:rolleyes:

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
Not really, they are not called "chuck" becuase jeff uses a lathe called a "CHUCKER LATHE"... Jeff does not have one of those lathes. Nor are they called "Chuck" because of a lathe called a "CHUCKER LATHE".
I can say you guys are kinda close, but it is simpler than that.:rolleyes:
He chucks the metal at the lathe? :lol:

If so, he's even more talented than I thought -- being able to get such consistent sizing with that methodology.

jeffakamax

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
USA
www.ThagBuilt.com
Saturday thread.... Post #1 Check the pics. That is a 8" 3-JAW reversible.... CHUCK!
Similar to a chuck on a drill in function, just much larger. I have spent countless hundreds of hours ataring at aformentioned "CHUCK" and when it came time to give it a name, well it was a no-brainer. It was simple, and reaked of personality.

Everyone has known someone named Chuck sometime throughout their lives, and I bet you all have some "memorable" story about them one way or the other.

This falls into my "life's unexplainable rules" list.

Others are:

Little kids who go by initials instead of a first name ie: TJ always have a runny nose.

And women who walk around barefoot all the time are always better in bed.

Think about it....

I have more, but you should process these first.

Wafflestomper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Nursey Chuck went flying off my workbench due to a mishandled piece of poplar. Hit the cement and went skittering end over end across the garage.

Picked it up to survey the damage and, as far as I can tell not even a scratch.

It hit HARD...

What the hell do you coat these things with? Adamantium?

Shortly thereafter, I had an epiphone... epiphany... (one of those is a guitar)

I need a SHOP CHUCK!

Houdini

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Las Vegas
And women who walk around barefoot all the time are always better in bed.

Think about it....
I have thought about that one and you are absolutely right!
And thanks for clearing up the Chuck mystery.:)
(btw, I'll be ordering my second either tonight or tomorrow, just finalizing the artwork)

~Jo~

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2010
People's Republic of Illinois
I'm still blushing. The Little Chuck that I ordered even has the word "barefoot" on it. Even my online friends know that I don't wear shoes unless I'm leaving the house.

I will point this out to my husband the next time he asks if I'll wear shoes just because we're expecting guests and tell him to count his blessings.

Lalesa

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles County, Ca
I'm still blushing. The Little Chuck that I ordered even has the word "barefoot" on it. Even my online friends know that I don't wear shoes unless I'm leaving the house.

I will point this out to my husband the next time he asks if I'll wear shoes just because we're expecting guests and tell him to count his blessings.

Great idea Jo!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread