Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
If you can give up the dual 18650 concept the Joyetech eVic VTC Mini appears to have a really solid build - but it maxxes out at 75 watts. (There is a post on ECF showing the full innards with the outer case removed. A search on "eVic VTC Mini" will bring it up.) Haven't seen any reports about problems with either the electronics or the 510. It all depends on how much you care to $pend too.

livelysocks

Jan 8, 2014
Oregon
Right now I'm waiting for an email reply from modderbox about a DNA200 box. The warrantee/customer service seem worth the price, plus customization mee-yow. I may delve into the land of LiPos and forget about rewrapping my good but torn 18650 batteries (thanks, iStick 100w...eat a big hairy candy bar)
Your post about torn 18650 batteries really grabbed my attention, and wondering more about that, such as how they got torn, and how you would go about rewrapping them?? Hope you don't mind my asking.....

Captain Pegleg

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Arkansas
Your post about torn 18650 batteries really grabbed my attention, and wondering more about that, such as how they got torn, and how you would go about rewrapping them?? Hope you don't mind my asking.....
They can get torn when removing them in mods with very tight fits for batteries; you can buy wraps from ilumn (and other places I'm sure) that you shrink with a heat gun or hot hair dryer. I haven't rewrapped any yet because I don't have heat, I do have wraps though. Also haven't looked up how to safely remove a battery's wrap, I would do tha first

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
If I had seen this, I would have suggested a Cuboid. Love mine so much that I stocked up on them. Batteries fit well (slide in from bottom) it is rounded but also a bit smaller. I use silicone sleeves on mine and they are a very comfortable, sturdy and inexpensive dual battery mod IMHO

Glad that you found something that will work for you though. :thumb:

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
I want a dual 18650 mod that is rounded like the Istick 100w, with a 510 connection that won't short out.

Price isn't an issue, temp control not necessary, basically I want a very durable 100w (give or take) two 18650 regulated mod.
510 broke.. didn't it? Same problem here.. However, before you trash your istick...

Mason Van

Unresolved Status
Sep 7, 2016
China
www.dhgate.com
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread