Status
Not open for further replies.

pizza2me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland
Hi folks. I've been out of touch with all of the new tanks, etc... I've been using Tritons and Smok Baby tanks and RTAs for quite some time. Now I'm finding that my lungs can't really take the massive output of the Baby Beast tanks.

I'd like to stock up on a few more of the Triton II's.... I don't even remember who makes them. Aspire?

Can somebody give me some ideas on tanks that are very similar to Triton II's?? I'm guessing there's something new out that that is very similar and maybe better.

Thanks.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Yes, the Triton is made by Aspire.

The SMOK tanks are all power hungry and juice guzzlers, which are just two reasons that I don't use them.

Aspire makes a variety of similar tanks to the Triton. The Nautilus 2 and Nautilus X are two. Check out the mod tanks in this link: Good Starter Setups for a Beginner Vaper

I'll just throw my favorite tank in for your consideration. Original Uwell Crown Clearomizer Tank

Wide range of coil options. Using SS and Ni200 wire they can be used in temp control mods. Wide range of air flow. 4 ml and 2 ml capacity options.
  • 1.2 ohm Single Stainless Steel Uwell Crown Coil - 10 to 30W
  • 0.5 ohm Dual Stainless Steel Uwell Crown Sub-Ohm Coil - 30 to 80W
  • 0.25 ohm Dual Stainless Steel Uwell Crown Sub-Ohm Coil - 80 to 120W
  • 0.15 ohm Dual Ni200 Nickel Uwell Crown Sub-Ohm Coil - 400 to 600 Degrees Fahrenheit (temp control)

Last edited:

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Aspire makes a variety of similar tanks to the Triton. The Nautilus 2 is one.

If I recall correctly, the Triton II was a sub-ohm tank, so it didn't have much in common with the Nautilus. I expect you were thinking of the Triton Mini, which, strangely enough, had little to no resemblance to the Triton II. It was a weird situation and an inexplicable naming choice.

Nonetheless, the Original Crown might still be a good replacement, just with some of the lower resistance coils.

Reactions: Baditude

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
If I recall correctly, the Triton II was a sub-ohm tank, so it didn't have much in common with the Nautilus. I expect you were thinking of the Triton Mini, which, strangely enough, had little to no resemblance to the Triton II. It was a weird situation and an inexplicable naming choice.
The Nautilus 2 offers 0.7 ohm coils (in addition to 1.8 ohm), which I believe are sub ohm. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawise

pizza2me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland
Thanks guys!! yes. I definitely want sub-ohm. It just seems those baby beast chuck out too much for my lungs to handle. But the Triton II's give me a good full hit that I can handle.

I have the uwell Crown 3 ( I believe...) not real impressed with it. And, Bad, I've seen very often that you prefer the original. I may just check that out.

Thanks again!

Reactions: Baditude

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have the uwell Crown 3 ( I believe...) not real impressed with it. And, Bad, I've seen very often that you prefer the original. I may just check that out.
In my 7 years of vaping, one thing that I've learned is that subsequent versions of a device don't necessarily guarantee that they will be an improvement over the original. IMHO, Uwell got it "right" with the original Crown. Why fix it if it ain't broken?

• Agree
Reactions: Tim Wiseman

pizza2me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland
Yeah. That's what I'm worried about. Triton II's are out of stock all over the place. Now I'm checking links for the original Crown's coils an seeing discontinued. :(

The original Crown looks almost identical to the Triton II. Both exactly my style. Seems that the makers are dropping us regular sub-ohm'ers for all of the cloud chasers

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
In my 7 years of vaping, one thing that I've learned is that subsequent versions of a device don't necessarily guarantee that they will be an improvement over the original. IMHO, Uwell got it "right" with the original Crown. Why fix it if it ain't broken?
I think most of the time they only use the name of a popular tank believing the association will add sales and from a marketing point of view it's probably achieves this goal. The new Serpent elevate tank is so different from previous Serpent tanks marketing alone can be the only reason for giving it the Serpent name, while i'm actually impressed with the Elevate in a lot of cases a tank is being marketed as an upgrade of a previous tank because they don't believe sales will be great on the tanks own merits which means version 2, 3, 4 etc of a named tank is inferior. Short term they sell more tanks using this tactic but in the long term they tarnish the name of the original.

pizza2me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland
Thanks Bad. Yeah... I see plenty of them out there, but I just worry about starting something new if it's not going to be supported long term... Actually the Triton II also uses Atlantis coils... I wonder if they are still out there.. I'll keep searching...

And exactly Tim!!! Marketing is what its ALL about. IMO Anyvape Furytank's (III's specifically) were the BEST all around sub-ohm tanks when sub-ohm tanks were first coming around. But their marketing sucked. Aspire kicked their ash!!

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
Just to mix things up, the Atlantis and triton tanks can use the same coils. This means you should be able to pick up something like an Atlantis evo tank and use Triton coils. The Atlantis evo is a sort of middle of the road, 30 to 50-ish watt tank, I think.

Worth checking amazon. The UK site has a few of the old odyssey kits, and a few weeks back briefly listed a triton 2.

There's at least one thread in ecf that shows which other tanks can use the Atlantis and triton coils. Check out the Eden Mods Trillium tank, for example.

pizza2me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland
Just to mix things up, the Atlantis and triton tanks can use the same coils. This means you should be able to pick up something like an Atlantis evo tank and use Triton coils. The Atlantis evo is a sort of middle of the road, 30 to 50-ish watt tank, I think.

Worth checking amazon. The UK site has a few of the old odyssey kits, and a few weeks back briefly listed a triton 2.

There's at least one thread in ecf that shows which other tanks can use the Atlantis and triton coils. Check out the Eden Mods Trillium tank, for example.

Great ideas guys!!!!! The could may be a big part of what I like! I can't take a as much as those monster coils put out. I'll check out the others you mentioned too. Thanks! !

And I usually run about 40 watts give or take

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread