RDA Something to watch for on Mutation X V2 clones...

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapomike

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2009
Hickory, NC (USA)
I went out and bought a mutation X v2 tonight at a local B&M. Well it vapes terrible no matter what coils or build you do on it. It was a very hot vape and had no flavor or hardly any vapor production. I couldn't figure it out and was confused because of all the raving this thing received over being a cloud chucking atty. Well I went online and started looking at the authentic as well as other clones. They all have thicker bases that raise the coils to the slotted air holes in the tube. This one does not and produces a terrible vaping experience and that's pretty much it. There is no fixing it as it comes because the airflow is totally jacked. Even turning the tube upside down and sacrificing air flow control is a no go because the tube will only hold tight in the upright position. I guess I could go get an o-ring and tighten it up a bit, but as cheap as the mutation is I might as well order one online. Which is what I was trying to avoid by purchasing in the store at unfortunately the same price I could have got the authentic one online minus shipping. I really didn't want to have to ship it right now due to the holidays and just wanted to vape it. So if you see this one coming your way kindly turn it down.

yLTnjFb.jpg

The top cap, offending deck, and drip tip.

kI6g2MD.jpg

The box of death... stay away.

CloudKick

Verified Member
Oct 30, 2014
San Clemente, CA
I hope you didn't build all your builds like that. T posts are made to easily center your coils...
I have a Mut v2 and it vapes fine. It's not made for flavor of course but if you're getting a harsh hit there's something wrong with your build. You can always raise your coils... Lowering them can be a pain

Last edited:

vapomike

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2009
Hickory, NC (USA)
No all my builds weren't like that. I started like you said using 1 with 3 and 2 with 4. I thought it was my build making it taste like hot garbage. Well I started looking at the airflow on it and then comparing it to others like I said. The deck is complete garbage. Do you have a Mutation x? Raising the coils to get them to the air holes on that tube would be ridiculous and wicking would be very inefficient. How do I know because I tried it. I set up 3 coils on it. Dual parallel coils centered on the posts. Dual coils raised to the air holes and centered the few hits were a lot better, but the juice wouldn't wick to the coil.. Then I built this I don't know why I just did I was pretty frustrated by the time I threw this one together.

I returned to the shop that I bought it at Friday. The guy that sold it to me admitted that this particular clone had this problem. I don't think you really can call it a clone. It's not a clone; it's a knock off. He had one also and came up with a fix. You have to flip the tube to get the air holes at the level of the coils and buy new thicker o-rings. So by the time you fix the one they sell you have more in it than an authentic and you have to sacrifice airflow control. He unfortunately did not tell me that this clone needed this fix to vape properly before I purchased it. He told me he couldn't exchange it or give me store credit because they considered it buyer's remorse. I consider what they did taking the customer by selling a knock off and not a clone. Needless to say I won't be back to that B&M. Didn't mean to rant here, but the more I think about it the more frustrated I get. I just thought I would warn other people about the "clones" with short decks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread