Something to worry about? "The Vapor Diet"

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoenixD

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2013
Austin TX
Someone just posted this on Reddit :(

I am not sure that billing "vaping" as a "Revolutionary Weight Loss Product" is helpful to us keeping the regulations away from e-cigs. ?
Inhale, Indulge, Lose Weight

I'm kinda frightened by the implications (like enlisting non-smokers? FDA regulation of weight loss products, and so on). Reassure me, please!

Jay-dub

Moved On
Oct 10, 2013
Kansas City, MO
Neato! There was someone new in this forum asking questions for the same reason just last week. If vaping is healthier than being obese and if vaping helps one be less obese; I think it'd be selfish not to share the benefits. I don't see broadening the exposure of vaping beyond ex-smokers to be a bad thing.

Edit: Stories of smokers transitioning to vaping and having improved health will create ripple effects. When a mother/sister/father/brother etc... has improved health that means something to all those close to them. If people use it to lose weight the success stories will be just as beneficial to vaping. It helped a person I care about, therefore I support it. :)

Last edited:

PhoenixD

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2013
Austin TX
OP here. How nice to hear all the weight loss stories. But I was concerned about someone deciding to advertise vaping as a "weight loss product" and the government regulation it would bring if that's the case :( I mean wouldn't they want to take it off the market to, like, do years of "testing"?. . . It seems like people just think it's a cool idea to advertise it that way. Maybe it's me, I worry too much I know. So maybe it's just me being paranoid, lol. I'm already in "love" with all things vaping and my only worry is if they start regulating it :(

Zippoz

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2013
PNW
I don't if people lose weight from vaping. If true and it became known to the public the national stampede to would overwhelm the government.

If that happened, it would be AWESOME, but I really doubt that it would for a few reasons: 1, most people still think ecigs are harmful to your health, so they wouldn't try it. 2, the FDA has banned numerous weight loss products that were wildly successful in sales, such as hydroxycut. (Which was really just amphetamines lol)

That said, I think this is an awful product that is selfishly taking advantage of an industry that already faces a lot of heat.

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
Just what we need at the moment, some outfit trying to turn a fast buck by selling overpriced stuff and making unsubstantiated claims. Wouldn't be surprised if BP is pulling the strings on that one ( TM registration and all that ). No, I'm not wearing a tinfoil head, but if something is clean, make it look dirty, lump the dirt ( which you generated yourself ) with the clean, try to chuck it that way ...

Machiavell 101...

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
I'm at da same weight as when I started vaping. Maybe it's my additional liquid intake... beer...

chug.jpg

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I like the idea of using vaping as a weight loss tool, but only for the flavor.
When they start adding supplements then it becomes an issue.

If vaping plain flavored juices were found to help people stay away from fattening foods more people would start vaping.
And if that happened, it might help reverse the trend to denormalize vaping.

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
First off, I see this as kind of another gimmicky weight-loss thing, but it might actually work for some people.

I notice that nowhere on the website do they mention nicotine, so whatever claims are made for the product, even though it looks like an ecig, it's *not* an ecig, *not* a tobacco product, so does not come under FDA CTP regs. More likely, if FDA takes notice, it will be whatever division handles dietary supplements. (Unless, of course, they decide that *anything* that looks like smoking, even tho no nicotine, belongs to CTP, which would be ludicrous, but since when has that stopped them?)

(Kind of a neat looking battery, IMO!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread