Sometimes you just gotta make the call....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calaban

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2009
Newmarket, NH USA
And today I figured out that I simply don't like fruit flavors.

Too bad it costs money to discover these things.

I initially tried Strawberry and Apple and I disliked them both.
Luckily these were prefilled carts that came with my first starter kits, so no biggie.
So I went about my business, vaping the tobacco flavors I have purchased. But I had a hankering for something new so I took the plunge and ordered some of the EST Watermelon that everyone seems to like so much. Not for me :(

I sort of like some other flavors like coffee and vanilla, but for the most part I have decided I'm a tobacco kind of guy. There might be other flavors out there that I'd love, but I'm not willing anymore to risk spending money on them only to discover that they don't work for me.

It is rather frustrating and it narrows down my choices quite a bit, which kind of bums me out because as much as I like the few tobacco flavors I've tried, I tend to get tired of them and need to switch things up.

Anyone else have similar woes?

-C

Wolf

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2009
Kingston, WA, U.S.A.
I happen to like the fruit flavors. I discovered I don't really care for tobacco. It works for me, but I buy my liquid flavorless and mix my own flavors and strengths. I buy my supplies from JuicyLiquid. Eventually they will offer flavors by themselves to use with the flavorless nicotine, but I don't know what flavors they might be adding. My husband seems to love their French Roast Coffee. FYI you can always put the liquid you don't like up for sale or gift. There is a section on the front page of the forum just for that purpose.

Quixotic7

ECF Veteran
That's why I bought the sampler pack from Johnson's Creek. Discovered I didn't really like some of the flavors I thought I would love, and others I love. My three favorite flavors are
Original Tobacco - This doesn't really taste like tobacco, it's sweet and has good throat hits, but it's a very good flavor for constant use, I never get sick of it!

Artic Mint- Another very good flavor! Not really mentholy, more like a mint Nat Sherman

Peach Cobler - This took me by surprise, it's simply delicious, and just slightly peachy

I really do not like the Cherry, tastes like cough syrup. Yuck. Haven't tried the Strawberry yet. The other flavors are good, but only in small doses. I have an apple flavor from another brand that I really love, but get sick of it fast. I also love toffee flavors!

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
I really wanted to like the fruit flavors! But they are too weak flavored for me. It's like vaping nothing. The only one I have liked so far is pear..the very one I thought would be weak. I love RY4 and Butterscotch. The mint, menthol and spearmints for later in the day. The clove wasn't bad. I am looking for a good peppermint.

As I'm still fairly new to this vaping business (and still fighting-off the analogs, slowly but surely), I've tried a limited number of flavours. Strawberry tastes like strawberries and cream, vanilla's OK, menthol is yuck, tobacco tastes like prunes and custard - but I don't mind it.

Apple is probably my favourite so far and, reading the suggestions above, I'm now looking forward to trying peach, watermelon and also black tea....

Now, if only someone somewhere can come up with a decent hot chilli flavour.....

Fox3

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle, WA
Most of the flavors I have found bear very little to no resemblance to what they are labeled :-(. TW, Janty and generics for the most part just seem to vape or perhaps smell slightly of the flavor in question. The ones that are actually somewhat good were a cherry, coconut and a peach.

Ordered some unflavored 36 and a number of the Lorann's flavors to see if that works. Made up some vanilla tonight and while not stellar it is better than the other vanillas I have tried by a good bit. Further experimentation to follow...

Took me a good while to get my head around vaping something other than tobacco :). I may go back to that depending on how this DIY experiment goes.

Last edited:

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
And today I figured out that I simply don't like fruit flavors.

Too bad it costs money to discover these things.

I initially tried Strawberry and Apple and I disliked them both.
Luckily these were prefilled carts that came with my first starter kits, so no biggie.
So I went about my business, vaping the Tobacco flavors I have purchased. But I had a hankering for something new so I took the plunge and ordered some of the EST Watermelon that everyone seems to like so much. Not for me :(

I sort of like some other flavors like coffee and vanilla, but for the most part I have decided I'm a tobacco kind of guy. There might be other flavors out there that I'd love, but I'm not willing anymore to risk spending money on them only to discover that they don't work for me.

It is rather frustrating and it narrows down my choices quite a bit, which kind of bums me out because as much as I like the few tobacco flavors I've tried, I tend to get tired of them and need to switch things up.

Anyone else have similar woes?

-C

I'm with you. I don't like the "fruity" flavors either. BUT I encourage you to try the butterscotch and caramel from Lorann's and mix it with your DIY juice. It is friggin awesome. I thought of myself as a tobacco only guy, but I am hooked on these flavors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread