Status
Not open for further replies.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
:D :D

I gave a little toy Sonic Screwdriver to our factory's engineer, and he's putting an e-cig battery into it for me!! :D :D

I'll post a pic as soon as he gets it done! :D :D:D

I gave the entire engineering department Leaford Lanyards as gifts this morning, so this is sort of their return gift for me. They were very happy to receive the Lanyards BTW. One of them in particular is going around showing his off to everyone. He keeps popping his head in the office where I've got my computer set up and giving me a big grin and thumbs up. :D

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
I'm guesing it's like this one:

Attachments

• sonic_screwdriver.jpg
    sonic_screwdriver.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 147

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
I'm guesing it's like this one:

No, I brought that one, but decided it was too big for my liking, and besides, they'd have to gut all the fun parts, like the sound effects, so I just gave them this one: Amazon.com: Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver LED Torch

31x9WG-ANL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

And I left the details up to them, like whether to incorporate the button for a manual, or use an auto switch, whether to wire in the LED, etc. All I care about is having a working e-cig batt in the SS body.

Last edited:

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
I got it! It works, but it's charging right now. :D

The led flashlight on it was working but quit for some reason. Could be the toy's fault, or the mods. The engineer wired the LED up to the e-cig battery for power, but kept the LED on/off switch separate, and used an auto e-cig batt. Either way, I didn't really care about that part.

I took a pic, but can't seem to upload it past their firewall today, so I'll do that after work when I get home.

Now, assuming it doesn't die on me today, I need to get them to make one more for Steve. He'll kill me if I have a toy he doesn't. :D :D

EDIT: OK, I guess I lied a little; I find that I DO care that the LED doesn't work anymore, so I took it back to Mr. Liu to have that fixed. It was just a bad solder, so they're fixing that for me now. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread