Sony US18650VTC5 came with a hologram sticker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New2vaps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
USA
Hi everyone. I purchased and received my Sony US18650VTC5 a few days ago from RDTVAPOR. RDTVAPOR is a trusted supplier and I purchase all my batteries from them. But this one came with a hologram sticker on it. I have never seen one with a sticker on it. Is this something new? I just read that another trusted vendor did a recall on this battery and wasn't sure if this is how they come now.

Thank you

New2vaps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
USA
Ok I took some pictures. What I find interesting is that the hologram states " XTAR " also states " certified by XTAR " xtar light. Isn't xtar battery charger brand? Are they developing these batteries now?

IMG_0964.jpg IMG_0959.jpg IMG_0961.jpg

New2vaps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
USA
I did a search also, even though it is for a VTC4 it seems that XTAR partnered with Sony some how. So this means the Sony I have is not the one made by Sony but by XTAR. I sent a message to RDTVAPOR. Waiting for a response.

" This XTAR branded, Sony VTC4, 2100mAh, 30 amp high discharge, 18650 battery is the ultimate choice for the e-cig and vape customer. XTAR has an excellent reputation in the industry for building best-in-class chargers, and they’ve partnered with Sony to provide a great battery for use with your mod, personal vaporizer, or e-cigarette. These VTC4 cells are available in either flat-top or button-top configuration."

New2vaps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
USA
If Xtar is is distributing Sony US18650VTC5 batteries, that is great news actually.

This would mean that an Xtar branded/labeled VTC5 is the real thing. No issues with the unknown distribution chain that we have now regarding Sony batteries.

I like this development. Great news in my opinion.

I didn't think of it that way. I agree :toast:

New2vaps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
USA
Update: Good news and bad news

Good news - RDTVAPOR responded and advised me that the Sony battery I received is authentic. They had XTAR get the batteries for RDTVAPOR to make sure they were not counterfeit. Also XTAR placed the hologram sticker to show that they inspected the battery. This is the exact reason why I always order from RDTVAPOR. No short cuts.

Bad news - They won't be getting any more for a while.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
I am glad that these companies are aware of the counterfiet problem and are implementing greater security. I also like that Xtar is assisting with the distibution of the Sony batteries.

+10 but I'm left wondering why the XTAR high drain batteries are not wildly available. Another reputable company providing high quality products would be warmly received.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread