The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Sony VTC series in production again?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Mikenekro, Dec 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Mikenekro

Mikenekro Full Member

Dec 19, 2014
    Kenosha, WI, USA
    I just got word from RTD Vapor that the Sony VTC series batteries are being produced by the factory again. Has anybody else heard this? I know RTD Vapor is a reliable source for batteries but I just want to see if anyone knew about this.

If this is true, that is great news.

2. gandymarsh

gandymarsh Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2014
    WI, USA
    That is good news. I think RTD would know. Maybe the prices will come down a little.

3. Mikenekro

Mikenekro Full Member

Dec 19, 2014
    Kenosha, WI, USA
    That would be nice to have the prices come down. The fakes will still be out there of course but it would be reassuring knowing they are indeed in production again

4. K_Tech

K_Tech Slightly mad but harmless Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2013
    Eastern Ohio, USA
    Like you, I agree that if this proves true, it's good news. I am definitely in the market for a few more sets!

5. Warpigs

Warpigs Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2014
    USA
    I just bought 7 of the VTC'4s too. I hope they come out soon again.

6. InfinityzeN

InfinityzeN Senior Member

Sony actually had to move the whole factory due to that little reactor problem in Japan. I can't say for sure if the new factory is up and running fully or not yet, but Sony has multiple contracts that they have to produce VTC batteries to fufill so they were always going to start production again.

7. Brandon David

Brandon David Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

It would be great news had I not just purchased 2 efests a couple of days ago. Smh

8. KGB7

KGB7 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2014
    Rockville, MD
    That would be great, but ill believe it when i see it.

In the mean time ill stick with 25R or get Xtar 2500 when they have them in stock.

9. nclay

nclay Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 25, 2014
    California
    You can get VTC4 here for $9.40 if you are a member. Out of stock right now but they seem to get a pretty consistent stock.

CRAFT VAPERY

10. Mikenekro

Mikenekro Full Member

Dec 19, 2014
    Kenosha, WI, USA
    I have seen a 30A continuous test with an xtar 30A battery and it seemed to only last a few mins before dropping below 2.5V. Maybe it was a bad battery though

11. KGB7

KGB7 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2014
    Rockville, MD
    MEMBER PRICE $11.40

Pass.

12. sketchness

sketchness Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 3, 2014
    Sacramento, CA
    I have heard other rumors of production starting again on VTC5's but also the warning that the supply won't trickle down to us until March? it was somewhere else on here that mentioned it. Someone who usually posts good info or I would have just ignored it.
    And them being back is really only a big deal if you are low sub ohming. There are plenty of safe reliable batteries on the market for regulated devices and subohm higher than say .3

13. Mikenekro

Mikenekro Full Member

Dec 19, 2014
    Kenosha, WI, USA
    I'm with you on knowing the reliability of the source for information. RTD said they are slowly building up stock of them so a timeframe is hard to tell. I wouldn't think they would be out tomorrow but it's definitely great for low sub ohm vapers. Especially when you have batteries which claim to be 30A and above and can't verify what they actually are.

14. Marc411

Marc411 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2014
    Windy City
    illumn.com has the VTC4's in stock right now for $8.50

15. InTheShade

InTheShade Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 26, 2013
    South Texas
    Illumination supply continue to impress me with their prices, availability and shipping speed. They also have the Samsung 25R for $6 right now (sorry if this was already posted in this thread)

16. NateHevens

NateHevens Senior Member ECF Veteran

I was wondering what happened to Sony VTC's. A lot of shops in Florida (well, a lot of shops around where I live that actually sold verifiably authentic ones, anyways) have stopped carrying them. I was told that Sony stopped shipping them out because they didn't like what the batteries were being used for. But I guess that was wrong?

Good to read they may be coming back, though.

17. Mikenekro

Mikenekro Full Member

Dec 19, 2014
    Kenosha, WI, USA
    I think Sony just didn't like them being used as single cells when they were meant to be used in battery packs and never seen by the consumer. I doubt they would stop production just because of that. There is a video out there where a Sony representative or someone from Sony said they actually wanted to expand into the vaping business. That would be awesome if they started making batteries specifically designed for this. We have to wait and see though.

18. NateHevens

NateHevens Senior Member ECF Veteran

I found a reddit post with a link to a video where someone talked about meeting a manager of international sales or something like that for Sony in the vape lounge he works at. The guy said that Sony may be looking in to vaping because they're already talking with Tesla motors about manufacturing the VTC and other batteries directly in the US for use in Tesla cars, and Sony is looking for other markets to justify the cost of setting up shop in the States for making the batteries.

So who knows... we may be looking at a very near future with Sony VTC batteries specifically for vaping both regulated and unregulated. I wonder what would happen if Sony got in to making boxes and mods. Now that would be fascinating...

19. Good day everyone!

I'm thinking if I should just settle on an Efest Purple 18650 35A, since I dont wanna gamble on VTC5, as far as I'm researching there are too many VTC5s Counterfeit on the market..

20. Merryhellion

Merryhellion Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 27, 2013
    Burlington, WI, USA
    Well, unless you want to wait for Sony to set up their production line and start shipping...someone mentioned March? I'd recommend getting something to vape on in the meanwhile =)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.