Not open for further replies.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
My hubby informed me we will likely be able to squeeze a REO + RM2 into the budget for Christmas...YAY!

I was haunting the REO website and looking at the models. I am having a very hard time wrapping my brain around how large these really are. I have very tiny hands you see and am a little bit worried about the comfort of the top button on the REO Grand that I am interested in (I really do not want the VV version). Would it be possible for someone with small hands to post a picture of how you hold the thing and press the button?

How well do the bottle and tube hold up? Should I order an extra when I order the device?

How do you all clean and care for the Reo Grand (not wood)? Anything special I should know?

Recommended batteries? I do not do sub ohm, I prefer about a 1.5-1.8 ohm coil.

Anything else I need to know to start my journey as a Reonaut?

Ty in advance :)

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
Welcome, Myrany :)
I have all kinds of answers and I'm uploading photos to photobucket right now, but first....
Here are some quick links.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/161169-reo-measurements-parts-terminology.html
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/270331-free-reo-forum-thread-index.html
mod maintenance - YouTube but you can find more videos by Rob here --> videos
These are the recommended batteries for the Reo Grand.
Bottles and tubes hold up really well, but it never hurts to have a spare just in case. I would suggest getting a button cover for comfort if your finger or thumb pads get or are sensitive.

Okay...the photos are up. First, hand size reference...my hands vs my hubby's hands. Second, Reo Grand in my right hand. Third, Reo Grand in my left. Please note, you can also use your forefinger on the button, doesn't have to be the thumb.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
My hubby informed me we will likely be able to squeeze a REO + RM2 into the budget for Christmas...YAY!

AWE-FREAKIN-SOME. THINGS ARE ABOUT TO CHANGE FOR YOU IN WAYS YOU CANNOT IMAGINE.

I was haunting the REO website and looking at the models. I am having a very hard time wrapping my brain around how large these really are. I have very tiny hands you see and am a little bit worried about the comfort of the top button on the REO Grand that I am interested in (I really do not want the VV version). Would it be possible for someone with small hands to post a picture of how you hold the thing and press the button?

I HAVE RATHER LARGE HANDS A MINI 2.1 IS VERY SMALL. A GRAND IS ONLY SLIGHTLY LARGER.

How well do the bottle and tube hold up?
EXCELLENTLY. MY OLDEST REO IS ABOUT 10 MONTHS OLD AND THE TUBE AND BOTTLE ARE LIKE NEW.

Should I order an extra when I order the device?

I ALWAYS RECOMMEND TO GET TWO REOS SAME SIZE, IN YOUR TWO FAVORITE COLORS THEN YOU HAVE A BACKUP (YOU WONT WANNA USE ANYTHING ELSE) AND YOU CAN SWAP DOORS :)

AND YES ON EXTRA BOTTLES :)

How do you all clean and care for the Reo Grand (not wood)? Anything special I should know?

YOU WASH IT IN THE SINK :)

ME TOO. AW IMRs

ORDER A COUPLE OF EXTRA SPRINGS:)

HERES A THREAD TO HELP YOU WITH MANY THINGS:

REOs Mods - Helpful Links to Get You Started
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=446819

HERES A VIDEO ON A GRAND:)

http://youtu.be/WaDqS2kPLo0

Answers above in in caps :). Not yelling :)

Last edited:

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
To be honest...a few years ago, I wasn't interested in the grand or the VV grand AT ALL. I really felt they were too big for my little hands (short fingers) and I was happy with my minis and the mini 18490s. But now that I've had the VV grand and recently picked up a Grand...I have found that they are easy to adapt to. I really enjoy the 6ml bottle and the vape I get off the 18650 or pair of 18350s (vv grand only). Yes, they are hard to hide, so no stealth vaping for this gal. But I never stealth vape anyway...I vape openly and if I can't, then I don't vape at all.

DoogieTony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
Indianapolis, IN
Glad to see you in Reoville Myrany!

If you could hang on to a pack of cigarettes you'll have no problem with the Grand, it's actually a bit smaller.

When you order I'd suggest getting an extra tube assembly, o-rings, RM2 screws, spare springs, and a couple extra bottles. Just so that you're prepared for anything.

When swapping flavors I just wash out the bottle/RM2 with hot water, run some water through the tube, dry and I'm good to go.

Definitely go with the AW batteries, If you're sure you won't go below 1.5ohm then the 2000s should work great, if you may go lower the 1600s are the way to go.

I think you'll really dig the Reos with a RM2, for me its the best vape hands down.

Vapeaddikt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Southern Cloud Cartel Arlington, TX
Hy Myrany/Druid;)

Feral, Resto, or Boomie?

I played WOW for years just haven't had time for it for a while. I still get on on occasion and squonk and vape as I'm PVP'ing, doing dungeons, or RAID'ing I just don't have the time to be fairly competitive gear wise anymore:(

Anyhoo REOville is the WOW of eCig's minus the kiddie drama;)

vang0gh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Plainfield, IL, USA
Hy Myrany/Druid;)

Feral, Resto, or Boomie?

I played WOW for years just haven't had time for it for a while. I still get on on occasion and squonk and vape as I'm PVP'ing, doing dungeons, or RAID'ing I just don't have the time to be fairly competitive gear wise anymore:(

<Barrens Chat>If Chuck Norris was an APV, he'd be a Reo Grand

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
Howdy. I'm the second smallest female in my family of Amazons, coming in at 5'7"+. My younger sister is the "little person" at 5'6". My hands are between medium and small for a female. Younger sister's hands are a bit smaller. I was going to take pictures holding a Mini 1.0, 2.0, Grand, and VV in my hand BUT.... our visiting friend is tiny!!! She's 5'3" but wears a size 0. Besides it being so hard to take pictures one handed with my huge Samsung Note II, I think it might be even better to take picture with tiny friend hold them. I hear her showering so I'm sure she'll be hitting sack soon so I'll snap some pics in the morning.

Recent pic of DH (He used to be 6'2" even with scoliosis, but has shrunk some with age, 78 yrs, and scoliosis worsening. He probably would have been more like 6'5" with straight spine.) our dearest visiting friend, Sissy holding REO 2.0, and Feisty holding REO 2.1, 18490. Feisty looks like a giant beside Sissy, but she wears size 10. And, yeah, it was windy at lake and Feisty was feeling no pain. Oh, yeah, granny Feisty has braces.

20130722_180340-1.jpg~original

Last edited:

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Hy Myrany/Druid;)

Feral, Resto, or Boomie?

Believe it or not Resto/Tank ;) What does a bear do in the woods? Heal

MochaNinja

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Nawlins',LA

How well do the bottle and tube hold up? Should I order an extra when I order the device?

Hey Chere!

2 Grands here with a Mini 2.1 here shortly.

You've got all your answers...where ya @ in LA is my question??

Or should I ask " Tomatoes or NOT in your Gumbo"??

:p

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Hey Chere!

2 Grands here with a Mini 2.1 here shortly.

You've got all your answers...where ya @ in LA is my question??

Or should I ask " Tomatoes or NOT in your Gumbo"??

:p

No tomatoes ty :) A better description of where I am would be "Meat Pies" & Steele Magnolias"

Last edited:

Matthee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
Koringberg, South Africa
Hi Myrany - I have seen so many posts of people saying the Grand is so much smaller in person than they thought. Pictures in here makes it look bigger. Seen as many posts of people starting with a Mini and almost immediately following it up with a Grand. Most people, however, start with a Grand, which is my recommendation for convenience, ease of use, battery life, 6ml of juice at hand, value for money, etcetera. Great Xmas present. Congrats. Enjoy, keep us updated with pictures and your experience, whatever model you decide on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread