Soon to be Released Molicel 21700 5000Mah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
Will this new Molicel be good for vaping devices?

http://www.molicel.com/hq/product/INR21700M50A-V1-80097.pdf

It seems like a good fit for single battery 21700 devices run at moderate power levels. But I'm no expert on batteries. As a vaper that uses from 25 to 50Watt power levels, mah is more important to me than amps and the more mah the better as long as there are no other implications that would make this a bad choice for vaping devices.

Molicel seems to have a fairly good reputation for accurate specs for thier batteries so I'm curious about this one. What do you guys think?

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
20 Amp CDR, if it is accurate. Will make it more than adequate for high ohm MTL vaping.

The big issue is, will it fit certain mods? As some 21700's just don't play nice and will not fit certain mods, due to the cell not being a standard diameter.

Good catch @Mordacai . I just measured the 3 21700 mods I have and they are 22mm and 23mm battery tube ID so they should be fine. But I know there are other mods that that would become an issue. I have seen posts from others that the shrink wrap is too thick on the cells they've purchased and that makes it too big to comfortably fit, so this cell may not be useful for some.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Will this new Molicel be good for vaping devices?

http://www.molicel.com/hq/product/INR21700M50A-V1-80097.pdf

It seems like a good fit for single battery 21700 devices run at moderate power levels. But I'm no expert on batteries. As a vaper that uses from 25 to 50Watt power levels, mah is more important to me than amps and the more mah the better as long as there are no other implications that would make this a bad choice for vaping devices.

Molicel seems to have a fairly good reputation for accurate specs for thier batteries so I'm curious about this one. What do you guys think?

Moli rates their cells for less-than-continuous operation for devices like power tools and electric vacuum cleaners. IMO, that 20A rating cannot be used to compare against other cells using true continuous ratings.

Assume it’s a 15A cell with a lot of voltage sag as all ultra-high capacity cells have fairly high internal resistance (they’re not very efficient). Right now the Samsung 50E2 is the king for 5Ah cells (must have a “2” in lower left corner of wrap printing) but we’ll see where the production versions of these Molicels place when tested.

Robin Becker

ECF Veteran
    Feb 3, 2018
    Berlin
    In Germany we can find already the INR21700 M50 being offered mainly in batteries for eBikes.
    The technical specifications of this battery announce the discharge current dependent on certain conditions:
    from -20 Grad Celsius - 10 Grad Celsius: 0.3C
    10 Grad Celsius - 25 Grad Celsius: 3C
    25 Grad Celsius - 55 Grad Celsius: 1.5C

I bouht here 40 pcs. for my new eBike battery 36V 20Ah: LG Chem INR21700 M50 3,63V 5Ah 21700 – ENERprof

Last edited:
    • Informative
    Reactions: mimöschen
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread