Soon to try this for the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

prr2freya

ECF Veteran
Well.. thanks to this.. here I am. I ordered the sample in the link below. I had heard of this stuff but was hesitant being a female(sounds silly I know), and that I was repulsed by people who chewed, but this isn't the same soooo... here I am to find out more and hope it helps along with my PV to keep me from falling off the wagon again. It's been a hard year trying to give up the analogs.

It's effective in keeping many of us off smokes because it gives back all the psychoactive ingredients of a smoke without the smoke. For anyone who still has to have a few smokes to get through the day and have been vaping for a while, or those who are on and off and can't seem to keep from going back, I challenge you to try some real Swedish snus Introductory Offer - GetSnus.com, have a nice casual vape and deny the fact that the combo is more satisfying than cigarettes ever were. And until there's evidence to the contrary, I consider Swedish snus to be at least as safe and wholesome as PV's, if not safer. The studies are there. Some of have no choice but to "fall off the wagon" if we don't know there's a better way. For those who found success in your PV, keep it up and live happy. For the rest who want to quit smokes, but can't get the job done with just a PV, go to the Smokeless sub-forum Smokeless tobacco - E-Cigarette Forum and start new thread with all your questions. Lots of good and helpful folks there, and every one has been in your shoes. And to be clear, guys and gals alike are using Swedish snus. It's discrete, spit-less, tastes good and it works :).

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
I read through some of that thread. Lots of what we call down here... Happy bunnies. That's someone who thinks the PV is the answer to all nicotine ills. If it's not working for you... you just need a bigger better PV.... maybe one of those big-ole whom-pen 5 volt mammas to give you some whompen stomping throat hit... or perhaps some magic flavored eee-liquid sprinkled with anti-cigarette dust that will make your life just.... wonderful.... and all your ills and cravings will be carried away be the magic fairies.... and... sorry it's late, I should be sleeping instead of making a fool of myself, but after reading the dribble from that thread I had to let off a bit-o-steam.

So it goes

Point is, PV's don't work for everyone. I was one of those that failed miserably with it. Within days after trying some Swedish snus i was back on my feet. Snus is got the goods that PV's can't touch as far as getting off the smokes. No doubt others will jump in with advise. All that and you don't even need a spittoon.

firechick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2009
Upstate New York
Welcome! You'll find several females here who use snus and snuff to stay off cigarettes. If you use the mini snus, you can use them very discreetly. No one at work even knows I have them in. PV's alone do not work for everyone and for those people, snus and snuff really do seem to help a great deal. This section of the forum has a wonderful group of people who will jump right in and provide you with answers and support. Hang out for a while and check out this thread:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/nicotine/44958-so-we-getting-we-not-nicotine.html
There is a lot of info here on why vaping doesn't work for everyone.

TWISTED VICTOR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
The edge of Mayhem
I had heard of this stuff but was hesitant being a female(sounds silly I know), and that I was repulsed by people who chewed, but this isn't the same soooo... here I am to find out more and hope it helps along with my PV to keep me from falling off the wagon again. It's been a hard year trying to give up the analogs.

Yep, me too. My first mental impressions were of spit bottles and bad teeth. I'd passed it up all my life and had no interest until Stubby kept bringin' it up in another thread, then my ol' buddy OTD took the plunge. Man, was I wrong. And like I'd posted, the studies are there. This stuff has been studied long term (40 years, if memory serves) and as much as many wanted to find associated health problems, there aren't any other than a continued addiction to nicotine.......... I hope it works for ya and keep us posted, good or bad, we're all here for the same end result ;).

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Welcome freya. I wish I had seen the thread you mentioned before. I totally understand where you are coming from and wish you the best of luck. You will never be judged by us. We will try to help if we can. I got a bit of a chuckle from stubby's post. I was laughing because it is so true. I have seen so many threads like that where people just go on and on saying you need a better pv or stronger and stronger liquid. For some of us it just doesn't work. I use a combination of vape,snus,and snuff and that keeps me pretty level and more like my old self before quitting smoking. Feel free to stop in on the "what's under your lip" thread here on the smokeless forum. It is kinda like a water cooler thread and a good place to get questions answered since most of us check that thread pretty much every day at least once.

prr2freya

ECF Veteran
    HI Caesarea!!!! Glad to see you are still around here:) And his to everyone else as welll:) I have been reading the threads and what an enthusiastic group is here on the dark side:evil:

I went ahead and ordered two other snus products from that website after ordering the free sample they have just in case it works for me so I don't run out. I also went and watched all of TropicalBob's youtube videos on on smokeless and some threads about snuff.. I then went to Mr. Snuff and got a few small amounts of 3 flavors there to try.. Irish Coffee, a menthol, and that Spanish Gem for when I REALLY get a craving (I read here this one gives a kick) They have little bundles for $1.99 that include a bullet, 5grams refill, and a dark hanky..lol.. so I got the Irish Coffee that way.

I am determined to stay away from cigarettes and I am hoping snus, snuff, or a combination with the vaping will do this for me. Reading the threads in this particular forum are really giving me hope! I can hardly wait to try this stuff out. I am also shocked at how low the prices are for this stuff. :)

Hi Freya, welcome to the "wrong side of the tracks"!

:)

C.

Last edited:

dgriego

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 8, 2009
    New Mexico
    Welcome to this side, although some call it the dark side I prefer to call it the light side. We all have seen the truth, we all understand that it is not all about the nicotine only and we are all able to state that for some reason the PV was not enough for us to kick the cigs. We are all okay with that, and we support each other as best we can in this electronic social environment.

Try some snus or snuff and see if that helps. I know snuff has changed my life. I can go without cigarettes now. I no longer crave them at all. Smoking no longer holds me hostage. I also find that I enjoy the snuff far more than I ever did the cigarettes. I tried a little snus but I really do not like the taste much, seems for me putting the tobacco up my nose works great, I get to enjoy wonderful smells and I get my nicotine and whatever else it is that I need from the tobacco.

There are a lot of great people on this side of the tracks (not that the ones on the other side are bad mind you) and although I am a member of several forums this is the only one where I actually feel like I have real friends although I do not know what any of them look like or even exactly where they live.

So come on in, pull up a chair and ask any questions you might want. We are glad to see you!

By the way, your poems are very nice. I enjoyed reading them. You should publish; you seem to have a gift for poetry.

prr2freya

ECF Veteran
    Thanks everyone! I think I just found my favorite forum. Such nice people. Not just this thread, but the enthusiasm and mutual support in most of the threads I have read in here:) I think it is great that there are from what I can see, a good amount of females doing this.

So whilst I wait for my first small snus and snuff orders to try out, I just had my first snus!

I told my mother about the snus and snuff and we got in a big "disagreement" over it. She is convinced it is way worse for me than cigarettes and nothing I said will deter her. Even the Stats about Sweden (which is what really convinced me)

Anyway... that desperation was not leaving me and my mother offered me a ciggy and I got upset with her and probably overreacted a little. Of course I didn't have one.

I had to stop at a gas station on the way home from her DR's because she needed to go in and buy a pack of cigarettes. She knew I had the snus on order and when she came out she said.. "I really don't want to tell you this, but there is snus in there and warning stickers and signs all over the place about it... why would there be so many warnings if it wasn't true?".. Not wanting to get in a political debate and nerves frayed, I just got out of the car and went in and bought a tin of the stuff.

It is Camel Frost.. I really would prefer the Swedish Snus as i read it is steam pasteurized and not fermented like American brands and I guess the health risks are marginally more so than Swedish snus? But I was desperate and didn't want to wait for fear of having a cigarette. All it takes is one cigarette and I fall off the wagon.. seriously.. I have tried so many times. THis of course my mother points out and says I'll just go back to them eventually like her and she will just quit cold and not mess around with things that could be harmful.8-o I havebeen smoking 20 years or so and she more double that btw.

Anyway (takes breath) I tried one of these camel frosts and I thought it tastes just fine I was a little worried about that.. All I could taste was the mint and feel that tingle. I think the nic level must be quite low in them as I didn't feel much of a change but that vice grip did loosen a bit, so I see the potential. It did not satisfy the craving, but it did lesson it.

When she saw I relaxed a bit, she seemed to relax herself (slightly) about my using it. She has no interest in it herself, but I don't believe in pushing because it just causes a rift and nothing is gained.

Anyway.. sorry for the ramble.. Just wanted to say I could not wait and tried it local, but I think I need a higher nic level or maybe the other alkaloids are too low.. what thoughts do people have on the camel frost? I do believe they will help me get by until I get something better. After I ordered the sample I went back and ordered some Thunder Frosted Mini Portion (original) and two other ones which I can't recall the names of yet.

thanks for reading this if you did.. if not, I understand and it's ok that I can hear you lightly snoring ~_*

p.s did I mention I vape 36mg on a regular basis though do use less but my main level is 36mg. So no, the higher nic does not satisfy for some of us.

Last edited:

dgriego

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 8, 2009
    New Mexico
    Thanks everyone! I think I just found my favorite forum. Such nice people. Not just this thread, but the enthusiasm and mutual support in most of the threads I have read in here:) I think it is great that there are from what I can see, a good amount of females doing this.

So whilst I wait for my first small snus and snuff orders to try out, I just had my first snus!

I told my mother about the snus and snuff and we got in a big "disagreement" over it. She is convinced it is way worse for me than cigarettes and nothing I said will deter her. Even the Stats about Sweden (which is what really convinced me)

Anyway... that desperation was not leaving me and my mother offered me a ciggy and I got upset with her and probably overreacted a little. Of course I didn't have one.

I had to stop at a gas station on the way home from her DR's because she needed to go in and buy a pack of cigarettes. She knew I had the snus on order and when she came out she said.. "I really don't want to tell you this, but there is snus in there and warning stickers and signs all over the place about it... why would there be so many warnings if it wasn't true?".. Not wanting to get in a political debate and nerves frayed, I just got out of the car and went in and bought a tin of the stuff.

It is Camel Frost.. I really would prefer the Swedish Snus as i read it is steam pasteurized and not fermented like American brands and I guess the health risks are marginally more so than Swedish snus? But I was desperate and didn't want to wait for fear of having a cigarette. All it takes is one cigarette and I fall off the wagon.. seriously.. I have tried so many times. THis of course my mother points out and says I'll just go back to them eventually like her and she will just quit cold and not mess around with things that could be harmful.8-o She has been smoking 20 years or so and she more double that btw.

Anyway (takes breath) I tried one of these camel frosts and I thought it tastes just fine I was a little worried about that.. All I could taste was the mint and feel that tingle. I think the nic level must be quite low in them as I didn't feel much of a change but that vice grip did loosen a bit, so I see the potential. It did not satisfy the craving, but it did lesson it.

When she saw I relaxed a bit, she seemed to relax herself (slightly) about my using it. She has no interest in it herself, but I don't believe in pushing because it just causes a rift and nothing is gained.

Anyway.. sorry for the ramble.. Just wanted to say I could not wait and tried it local, but I think I need a higher nic level or maybe the other alkaloids are too low.. what thoughts do people have on the camel frost? I do believe they will help me get by until I get something better. After I ordered the sample I went back and ordered some Thunder Frosted Mini Portion (original) and two other ones which I can't recall the names of yet.

thanks for reading this if you did.. if not, I understand and it's ok that I can hear you lightly snoring ~_*

p.s did I mention I vape 36mg on a regular basis though do use less but my main level is 36mg. So no, the higher nic does not satisfy for some of us.

I also liked the Camel frost when I tried it, the taste is not bad at all.

Anyway sorry you had such a time with your mom but good for you for staying strong.

I used to vape 36 when I first started vaping, once I moved to snuff I have been vaping 10 -15. I think right now I only vape for the actual smoking experience. I am pretty sure I could vape 0 nicotine and not notice as long as I have snuff.

Anyway hang in there. I am sure our regular snusers will chime in with good recomendations of Swedish snus that compares to the Camel Frost in taste.

Well I am off to bed now.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 28, 2009
    Willamette Valley, PNW
    Well I read the whole thing prr2 :)
    Ramble all ya want, it's free. Sounds like you'll fit here just fine, quite a few of us were regular 36mg, and higher, vapers prior to stumbling across the tracks.

I still hit my PV, for the most part only while driving anymore. I went from 4 to 5 ml of 36mg a day to well under 0.5ml a day now. Seems this last week I haven't used a half ml come to think of it.

I have cats in the house prr2.
    1 kitten
    1 sweet boy
    1 tuxedo kitty with an attitude.

Your avatar makes me nervous :D

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I read the whole thing too. All of us tend to ramble on at one point or another. I enjoy reading all of the posts on this side of the tracks. Your story sounds just like mine and several others here. It is very familiar. Yes I too think you have come to the right place.

Skrymr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 5, 2009
    I also read you're whole post. If the camel snus works, great. If one doesn't do the trick, maybe try two until you're swedish snus comes. Personally I don't like the sweetness of the camel snus, but I don't begrudge others for liking it. While I'm sorry about you're problems with your Mom, I understand her viewpoint. We've all been spoon fed horror stories about tobacco without knowing that there are safe alternatives out there. That is why I am so grateful for this forum, I have learned a lot here and the people are wonderful.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread