Sooo... I think I "quit"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elle

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Orange County, CA
I've been missing from the forum for a while because i haven't been esmoking... and I haven't been smoking either!

I'll never consider myself a nonsmoker, because if I ever feel like having nicotine, I'll have it. Its just interesting that with the ecigarette my nicotine needs gradually dwindled away.

Just for reference, I've been smoking for 9 years (started with Marlboro Reds, then Newports, then Kools, then Kools Milds, then Camel Crush, then ecigs (penstyle, 901)) about half a pack a day.

I got my penstyle on this past Valentines day, and that was the last day I had a cigarette. I esmoked exclusively until about a month ago when one day I forgot to charge my ecig and left it at home. I was a little panicky, but I made it through the day. Then the next day I also forgot to charge it, and its continued. So I've been analog free for almost three months, and nicotine free for about a month (with the exception of a couple drags talking w/ a friend on her smoke break).

I know its hard to get a real idea on how many people actually quit with these things, because not too many people come back just to say they quit.

So here I am! :) I'm not putting expectations or rules on myself, I love smoking and esmoking, always will. And if i have a cigarette tomorrow I won't lose sleep- but it feels good to know that its MY CHOICE, not MY NEED. And I can truly say that I attribute this to esmoking, most definitely.

I cant say it will work for everyone, but it worked for me, and I never even wanted to quit.

I'll check in every once in a while, just wanted to let you all know whats up! :)

Elle

Spider

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2008
United Kingdom
That's exactly what I found when I gave up for 3 months previously. I used the e-cig less and less until I didn't need it or cigarettes anymore.

I felt good about it because people had been saying to me that they thought e-cigs were a good idea but they were not tackling the problem of eliminating the habit of holding something in your hand and 'smoking' it.

Anyway... Well done you!!

Spider

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread