• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Soooo when do the savings kick in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapnub

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
Charleston SC
Ok I thought I would add up all I have spent on this new little habit of mine. I purchased my 510 on 7/27. Since that date I have spent $328 including a few purchases today. Ok so 1 pack every 2 days was 7 bucks. So I would have been able to purchase about 44-47 packs. I actually find I vape a LOT more than I smoked due to the fact that I can do it anywhere any time.

I am hoping that I at least break even in the next couple of months. :blink:

well i can try and give a lil adivce. try this, when you get online, if you decide to visit a PV related site, only visit this forum. trust me, it helps with the spending if yer only visiting the forum and not goin other places to look at the new toys with debit card in hand. second thing, pretend that you can only use yer pv in certain places. if you pretend it's a real cig (minus the lovely side affects), youll vape less in those usual no smoking areas.

best example i can give is a few months back, my dad was in a terrible car accident, he was in the hospital fer 9 weeks. most of the good nurses let me vape in his room as long as his door was closed. what do you think i was doin? i looked like a smoke stack from the titanic i was vapin sooo much. last couple of weeks i decieded to only vape outdoors and that helped alot. between the heat and not wantin to be away fer very long since i made the 30min trip up there to see him made me cut back alot.

Doctor Vapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2009
Charleston, SC USA
www.youtube.com
When you stop buying so much stuff lol, seriously tho you will get a comfortable stock and only buy when stuff is on sale.

Agreed, if you don't become a mod collector you will save a ton of money. And when you don't get Cancer or Emphysema, you'll really save a lot

Pokeygizmo

Perfectly Imperfect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
South Carolina
My signature is also a lie -- but it wouldn't allow me to enter the actual amount I really spent when I first started :)! But that's OK. When I see the number of real cigs I've avoided, that is simply amazing to me!

When I was smoking, I never did the math. Guess you could call me the "Queen of De- Nile"....

pyrocat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2010
hills of WV
...I purchased my 510 on 7/27. Since that date I have spent $328..
Holy crap! ONLY $328!! You should start a coaching program.

My signature would say you'll break-even-on 12/31/2090 (if you stop spending now)

PS: Sorry guys don't know how I ended up in SC.

Last edited:

Vapnub

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
Charleston SC
Holy crap! ONLY $328!! You should start a coaching program.

My signature would say you'll break-even-on 12/31/2090 (if you stop spending now)

PS: Sorry guys don't know how I ended up in SC.

:D this made me feel better LOL... And double WOW from West Virginia. My old stomping grounds. I grew up in Poca, Charleston, and Nitro. What part are you from?

OldCoot

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2010
Possum Kingdom, S.C.
VapNub, hide your checkbook and credit card..i started the same way with a Joye510 then went to a 3.7volt screwdriver,and now am at 5V mod...if you make any purchases in the near future get you a 5v mod and be done with it... i hit my sweet spot at 5 Volts...as far as the accessories you only need batteries a charger and a few atomizers....and juice..not a big outlay from that point on..
We all started like you did with a small joy 510 or dse 808 or 901 just took a couple of weeks to get smarter, lol
have a good day and you will catch up soon!
OK 47 packs at 3.50 a pack =$164.50 see you halfway to curing that cc, debit card habit,,just remember only buy what you need!! no more acting like a kid in a Candy Store.

Vapnub

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
Charleston SC
Oldcoot, it might work better if someone else hides the checkbook. I keep finding it when I hide it lol... Right now I'm looking at a Chuck or a Baby Chuck. I have read and heard that 5v is the sweet spot for vaping and I love that the Chucks are fully customizable. My B-day is next month soooo I'm thinking I found my present to myself :)

sugismimi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
SOUTH CAROLINA
break even, what's that????? LOLOL!!!
seriously tho, since I DIY juice I do save a loti have been getting things in the co-ops and wow!!! you do save a lot there also, but there is always a sale somewhere, or a trade, or a PIF, so I feel like I will never break even. but that's ok since i know im saving more than $$, rite now!!!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO ALL!!!!!

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
I started breaking even at, I would guess, around 4-6 weeks. That's when I first began to notice I could inhale deeply. And then, my senses of smell and taste started returning. A little later, someone on ECF challenged readers to the "take three breaths and hold it" test ... to my surprise, I could hold for close to two minutes. My car and clothes and body don't smell like cigarette smoke (oh, no ashes between car seats either :) ). My fingers are no longer stained from smoke, and the callous on my thumb from flicking my Bic has gone away.

After around 3 or 4 weeks I stopped keeping super accurate financial records. But, I feel I broke even months ago. :) Aside from that, the other responders have given you the answer you actually had in mind, I reckon.

Cocky0

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2010
Hampton, SC
It'll come dude. I started vaping in mid February, and since that time, I have spent $528.39 on my original kit, juice and cartos, two replacement batteries, and one replacement passthru. I just received my most recent order on Wednesday.

Without adding up how long my current stock will last, I will have spent just under $14 per week on vaping to date. Compare that to a previous pack per day habit when I was smoking. Cigarettes in my area range from $3.50 per pack to $6 per pack depending on your brand. I normally went for the cheaper ones, so that comes to around $26 per week on cigarettes. A savings of $12 per week, and a total savings of around $450 since my first day of vaping.

Just give it some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread