Sorry Hoogie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Connman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
North Florida, USA
Sorry Hoogie. :| I liked the FREEBEE key ring Flashlight but I got a nice Flashlight already so didn`t need another. 8-o

:wub: mod Time :wub:

So I ripped out the bulb and added some plastic off a jump rop and stuck a 510 connection in it along with a Trustfire TR10440 600mAh 3.7V battery and now this I can use. Fits in the hand real nice simple button works like a charm.

Pretty simple mod that`s for sure. Thanks you for the freebee Hoogie very very much.

Picture8.jpg

Picture9-1.jpg

Connman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
North Florida, USA
Nice job conn. I have yet to mod one but you guys are making me jealous. What is in the end there ?

Hoogie here is the best pic I can get of the inside of the cap. I used the end of a cheap jump rope. Inside the handle are 3 pieces of plastic that hold the rope, one fits the lens hole pretty nice and the other fits the battery adapter pretty nice. I cut them down to the shortness I needed and then are super glued in place. (Hope my sister don`t miss that jump rope)
I also twisted the light bulb out of the little metal holder that makes contact to the battery and adapted it to the battery adapter as well.

I need to get into the habit of taking pictures as I do these mods instead of wishing I had later.

Pic of this set up.

Picture2.jpg

BadState

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2009
Redwood City, CA
I also twisted the light bulb out of the little metal holder that makes contact to the battery and adapted it to the battery adapter as well.

That's the part I'm troubling over right now. How exactly did you get that to work?

BTW, I carved down the original flashlight reflector to hold the battery connector. A little epoxy will hold it in place.

Connman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
North Florida, USA
Hey that`s a sweet Madvapes Flash light mod there. Looks just like8-o That`s my stuff. Not cool.

Dang.... I couldn't find it.... he must be sleeping with it.

Guess I'll have to wait and see what we get in our next MadVapes order.

But I did find some other things! :thumbs:

dreams-n-chains-albums-dreams-album-picture4960-connman-mods-liberated.jpg

Shh.... don't anyone tell!

{/evil sister snicker}

Connman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
North Florida, USA
That's the part I'm troubling over right now. How exactly did you get that to work?

BTW, I carved down the original flashlight reflector to hold the battery connector. A little epoxy will hold it in place.

I twisted the light bulb in it`s holder and it comes out. Then set the piece on a can touched the solder with the solder gun and messed with it till it opens the hole from their solder job.
I then cut the piece in half so it couldn`t touch the battery adapter at the base. Used a piece off a toy car tire to surround it within the adapter so no contact can be made in there stuck the wire from the center of the adapter through the hole and touched it with the dreamel and cut it off then soldered it.

Hope that helps. :)

BadState

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2009
Redwood City, CA
I twisted the light bulb in it`s holder and it comes out. Then set the piece on a can touched the solder with the solder gun and messed with it till it opens the hole from their solder job.
I then cut the piece in half so it couldn`t touch the battery adapter at the base. Used a piece off a toy car tire to surround it within the adapter so no contact can be made in there stuck the wire from the center of the adapter through the hole and touched it with the dreamel and cut it off then soldered it.

Hope that helps. :)

OK. So you soldered a wire lead onto the positive contact inside the battery connector first?

I was thinking the easiest thing would be to extend the center contact with a little piece of brass tube, hopefully press fit but soldered would be OK. I don't have any such brass tube, so I cut up the original bulb and made a metal tube out of it.

I'm waiting for my 10440's to arrive before I do any gluing or soldering, so I can make sure everything lines up right.

Nice job, Connman! :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread