Sorta new to snus

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevo_tdo

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
Missouri
Well, I now know I need the nic from snus because of the low absorbtion rate of e-cig liquid. With that said I went to the local smoke shop and got some american camel snus mellow. I'm obviously going to order some swedish snus and I know what I'm gong to order already.

My question is the whole no spit thing. I obviously have the urge to spit. So I've been spitting here and there. Can someone tell me why it is not needed to spit. I mean the spit is brown. I know i'm used to dip and swallowing that stuff is no picnic.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
If spitting feels right, do it. It is, however, not necessary, as the amount of nicotine you swallow from snus will not cause hiccups or upset your stomach the way chewing tobacco can and will if spit is swallowed.

The blunt truth is that chewing tobacco often has substantially more nicotine, along with undesirable elements. Your nicotine blood level will be higher with chew (or dip as some call it), but there are too many prices to pay -- in ruined teeth, mouth cancers, etc. Snus portions are a clean nicotine delivery method.

And they are cheap enough to make experimentation affordable. Buy some "purified" white mini portions, some mini portions and some "stark" or strong mini portions. Try them and see which one suits you best. Most snusers end up having several favorites, used at different times of the day, as pipe smokers rotate through tobaccos. These are not like cigarettes, with brand loyalty. Too many good ones to stick with just one!

stevo_tdo

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
Missouri
Solid advice. Answers all my questions. Now all i need to do is order.

Yeah, I've used chew off and on for about 7 years. I've pretty much got the flavors I like narrowed down so I know that will help me. Although now I've got a better alternative to chew.

I'll let everyone know how it goes. I know a few people that I converted to e-cigs will be interested in how I do with it. Several of them also have mental disorders and this might benefit them also. Kinda sad that I am hyper sensitive to the medications that are used to treat my condition. It means until new types of drugs are developed I cannot be on any. Atleast nicotine allows be to function.

RenaissancePuffer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I've been using snus daily between vape breaks, and had to use it the other day exclusively after my one and only PV died. I never spit the snus juice out. It can burn the back of your throat a little, though I thought the Camel Frost Snus was a little smoother than this Strawberry Discreet Snus. Either way, it's not bad at all, and no heartburn or stomach aches whatsoever, it seems quite clean. I suppose to each their own, but I like to use it as discreetly as possible.

One good thing, the Snus seems to be a bit easier on your salivary glands. Dip and chew used to generate far more saliva in my case, so I don't even really notice much juice build-up until I've move it around and had it in my cheek for a while.

stevo_tdo

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
Missouri
wait a second, your spit is brown? do you have it in your upper or lower lip?

snus goes in the upper lip. ive snused a lot and my spit is rarely brown from snus.

upper lip works better, the packet wont get as salivated and you will not spit as much, and it wont burn your throat as much lol

Upper Lip it was only like that for the first one though

yanney

Sep 14, 2009
Canada
alright, i dislike when people dont follow directions. haha

i suggest you try a bunch of different brands at first. its hard to say which is the best, because theyre all good and people have different tastes.

if you want something that will hit fast and hard (for the morning), but not a lot of nicotine. i suggest Oomph 6mg citrus/menthol. not a lot of nicotine, but it feels like 18mg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread