SOS... moving from EVOD to Subtank Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamerjosh

Nov 6, 2012
Puerto Rico
Hello guys!

So, after being using a Kangertech EVOD tank and an itaste battery for more or less two years, I just bought a Subtank Mini and a eleaf iStick 30W battery... I'm running it with a .5 coil, and 15W... This is, for me, a completely different vape. I mean, this thing gets really hot vapor, which I feel it is burning my throat. By the way, I'm using it with Die Hard Vape's 5 I.T.P. 85% VG, 15% PG.

I really don't know how to make a satisfactory switch from my EVOD to this new setup. Any recommendations? Here in Puerto Rico we don't have lots of people that know about vaping. Actually, I know none.

Should I move the wattage down, will that burn my cotton? Should I use it with more than 15W? Well, thank you!

Marmaduke

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Essen, Germany
Yes, lower the nic.That should help a lot. Apart from that, the subtank is developed for lunghales as far as I know. If you don't do that it can also become too hot for you as you don't draw enough air to cool the vape enough.

Airflow wide open. Lung inhaling and also try to inhale a bit extra air at the side of your driptip when inhaling. Sort of don't close your lips completely around the driptip when vaping. Try all or a mixture .of some of the tipps here.

The subtank is really nice, I'm sure you'll love it once you've got used to it. It is quite a step from your old device so enjoy it. Much more flavour and vape.

Reactions: DanJiblets

dreamerjosh

Nov 6, 2012
Puerto Rico
UPDATE: You guys rock! I'm using the .5 coil and lowered it to 12.5 watts. 6mg nic. Now I'm not closing my lips fully. And the flavor and the experience is AMAZING!

I know I still have to play around with it until I get comfortable, but so far, it is much, much better. Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    837.4 KB · Views: 31

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
Wow! That'll be great!
And yeah, $5. It was almost like buying analogs, because they are $7.
Have you tried this on RBA mode?
Yeah I just started using it pretty recently. Works very well when you know a few little tips. The guy is annoying imo, but watch rip trippers subtank rba video. He showed me a few things in there that made it work great, like how much cotton to use and pushing the cotton in from the sides a little bit.

Reactions: dreamerjosh
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread