The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

SOS... moving from EVOD to Subtank Mini

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by dreamerjosh, Jun 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. dreamerjosh

dreamerjosh Full Member

Nov 6, 2012
    Puerto Rico
    Hello guys!

So, after being using a Kangertech EVOD tank and an itaste battery for more or less two years, I just bought a Subtank Mini and a Eleaf iStick 30W battery... I'm running it with a .5 coil, and 15W... This is, for me, a completely different vape. I mean, this thing gets really hot vapor, which I feel it is burning my throat. By the way, I'm using it with Die Hard Vape's 5 I.T.P. 85% VG, 15% PG.

I really don't know how to make a satisfactory switch from my EVOD to this new setup. Any recommendations? Here in Puerto Rico we don't have lots of people that know about vaping. Actually, I know none.

Should I move the wattage down, will that burn my cotton? Should I use it with more than 15W? Well, thank you!

2. MotoMudder

MotoMudder Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 22, 2013
    Sumner, WA
    More wattage = more heat. 15 watts shouldn't be too hot, that's low wattage for sub ohm. You might like the 1.2 or 1.5 ohm coils better.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. DanJiblets

DanJiblets Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 16, 2015
    Shorewood, IL
    Start low, like 12 watts and work up to find where you like it. Open up the airflow and play with that a little bit. I have a few subtanks and I like the .5 right at 16 watts personally, with airflow fully open.

4. DanJiblets

Mar 16, 2015
    Shorewood, IL
    Yeah and what he said, it would be a little easier transition with the 1.2 coil that came with, or 1.5 whatever one you got.

5. WonderDude32

WonderDude32 Super Member ECF Veteran

May 9, 2015
    Clarksville, TN
    Could be too high nic.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Marmaduke

Marmaduke Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 28, 2015
    Essen, Germany
    Yes, lower the nic.That should help a lot. Apart from that, the subtank is developed for lunghales as far as I know. If you don't do that it can also become too hot for you as you don't draw enough air to cool the vape enough.

Airflow wide open. Lung inhaling and also try to inhale a bit extra air at the side of your driptip when inhaling. Sort of don't close your lips completely around the driptip when vaping. Try all or a mixture .of some of the tipps here.

The subtank is really nice, I'm sure you'll love it once you've got used to it. It is quite a step from your old device so enjoy it. Much more flavour and vape.

• Like Like x 1
  7. dreamerjosh

dreamerjosh Full Member

Nov 6, 2012
    Puerto Rico
    UPDATE: You guys rock! I'm using the .5 coil and lowered it to 12.5 watts. 6mg nic. Now I'm not closing my lips fully. And the flavor and the experience is AMAZING!

I know I still have to play around with it until I get comfortable, but so far, it is much, much better. Thanks!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  8. beckdg

beckdg ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 1, 2013
    TN
    INHALE!

HARD!

It really cools the vape.

It's a different world from the evod.

Tapatyped

9. dreamerjosh

dreamerjosh Full Member

Nov 6, 2012
    Puerto Rico
    I can see that. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  10. beckdg

beckdg ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 1, 2013
    TN
    Welcomed

Errrrr...

De nada

Tapatyped

11. dreamerjosh

dreamerjosh Full Member

Nov 6, 2012
    Puerto Rico
    The flavor is just AMAZING!

• Like Like x 2
  12. DanJiblets

Mar 16, 2015
    Shorewood, IL
    I remember the day I first got my subtank. I've been in vaping bliss ever since.

• Like Like x 1
  13. dreamerjosh

dreamerjosh Full Member

Nov 6, 2012
    Puerto Rico
    How much does your coils stay fresh? With the EVOD they lasted only one day for me. And they are sold in Puerto Rico for $5 each.

14. DanJiblets

Mar 16, 2015
    Shorewood, IL
    $5 for a coil? Wow. These last a long time. It's hard to say depending on how much you vape. At the very least I'd say a couple weeks.

15. dreamerjosh

dreamerjosh Full Member

Nov 6, 2012
    Puerto Rico
    Wow! That'll be great!
    And yeah, $5. It was almost like buying analogs, because they are $7.
    Have you tried this on RBA mode?

16. DanJiblets

Mar 16, 2015
    Shorewood, IL
    Yeah I just started using it pretty recently. Works very well when you know a few little tips. The guy is annoying imo, but watch rip trippers subtank rba video. He showed me a few things in there that made it work great, like how much cotton to use and pushing the cotton in from the sides a little bit.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Grimwald

Grimwald Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 12, 2012
    Lawrence KS
    I use the subtank mini rba deck. I build a 1.8 ohm coil and cotton for lower watt vaping. (basically I build it like a kayfun) I also swapped out the big drip tip for a more narrow one.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.