Sourin drop burnt, even with new pod

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasmine summers

Oct 9, 2018
My pod started getting burnt, so I bought a new one. But it's still tasting burnt. Thought maybe it was a bad pod, so I went out and bought another and IT STILL TASTES BURNT. I don't want to have to buy a new battery since mine is less than a month old. I don't know what to do or what's wrong. Anyone gone through this before?

Reactions: stols001

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
I have not used the Saurin pod, but let me ask a few questions that will help find a solution...
Can you adjust power settings on the device? I think the answer is no, but may as well ask.
Do the pods come with liquid in them?
What type of eliquid do you use or comes in them? What flavor and if there is a pg/vg ratio listed on it?

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Hi! :)
Probably too much VG in the liquid.
Why are you buying pods individually? Buy in packs - save money. Buy in packs from auction site or river in South America - save more money. Buy in packs from China, even more money.
Even with the best e-cig ever made, never try to get buy on one atomizer head or pod.

My pods cost me about $1.25. I use one a week.
Do some math, save your money. Please... :)

jasmine summers

Oct 9, 2018
I have not used the Saurin pod, but let me ask a few questions that will help find a solution...
Can you adjust power settings on the device? I think the answer is no, but may as well ask.
Do the pods come with liquid in them?
What type of eliquid do you use or comes in them? What flavor and if there is a pg/vg ratio listed on it?
Not adjustable. The pods come empty and I use RAM SALT mango fllvor and 45 mg

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I always let it sit for at least 30 mins wit liquid before even putting it o the battery.
I vape my pods within 20-30 seconds of putting the liquid in.
Think about it... if the wick cannot suck up the juice in 30 seconds, it's no good for vaping.. how can it be? It has to suck up juice straight away...
Now, with a brand new coil, obviously you need to give it a chance to get going. This is what priming is with standard atomizer heads. Some drops (enough), let it soak for a minute or two. Pods are self contained, but the design should make them possible to vape in certainly less than 5 minutes.
This is not your problem. I am 100% confident. Either the juice is too thick OR the pod isn't really well-designed to match a non-adjustable power situation OR maybe you are just vaping too fast. 3 things. None are insurmountable.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
My pod started getting burnt, so I bought a new one. But it's still tasting burnt. Thought maybe it was a bad pod, so I went out and bought another and IT STILL TASTES BURNT. I don't want to have to buy a new battery since mine is less than a month old. I don't know what to do or what's wrong. Anyone gone through this before?
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might want to ask your question in this forum: Vape Pod Systems
Pods and stick cig carts can get pricey but worth the cost to wean you off smokes.
The information below may help you to obtain a good foundation of vaping knowledge along with other atomizer alternatives.
Might like to read:
Learn About Vaping Here - Everything Ecigs - From Beginner To Advanced
Vaping and Inhaling: Everything You Need To Know
https://spinfuel.com/new-vapers-start/
ECigarette Academy: Essential Need to Know for New Vapers
http://guidetovaping.com/category/e-cig-beginner/
http://vapingcheap.com/vaping-101/
6 Quick & Useful Vaping Tips for Beginners
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...up-the-vaping-ladder-with-egos-and-mods.5058/
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...nk-or-what-a-guide-to-juice-attachments.3230/

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018

The Drop was a favorite of mine--love the tight vape from the Drop when using high nic!

When you fill the pod for the first time, take a few drags from it without it connected to the battery. Then tap away any bubbles formed around the wick. It's important to tap away the bubbles. Do that a couple of times and then let it sit for a few minutes. Works well for me.

As far as the VG/PG ratio, I used mostly Mr Salt E and I think that's 60:40.

My pods cost me about $1.25. I use one a week.
Do some math, save your money. Please... :)

Which pods are you using? I'm always interested in good deals.

The Drop pods usually cost a little over $3 each.

• Useful

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Which pods are you using? I'm always interested in good deals.

The Drop pods usually cost a little over $3 each.

I was using Rofvape Warlock PEAS, but once they have run out I'm switching to Justfog minifit. It arrived today. The pods are more expensive at $2.00 each but better.

All direct from China, of course. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread