• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

What week of the month should we meet?

• 1st Week

• 2nd Week

• 3rd Week

• 4th Week

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kdd121s

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2009
US Central Standard Time
At the last South West MO Regional Meeting, we discussed the idea of arranging monthly meetings. I guess we will start the ball rolling with some initial questions. 1st: should we have the meetings at the beginning, middle or end of every month? 2nd: what day of the week works best for everyone on average? 3rd: what time of day works best for everyone on average? 4th: what city should the meetings be held? 5th: should we rotate which cities we meet at every month? 6th: what venues within the selected cities should we hold the meetings at? These are just some starting questions to get the discussion ball rolling.

What generally works best for me: part of the month doesn't matter to me, Sundays, afternoon to evening time, cities I am flexible with as long as it is at or under an hour drive, I know some good coffee shops in Springfield (other cities I am not too familiar with their venues).

We should probably keep this thread as a sticky so that new people can add their ideas and so that we can adjust things as problems arise. By problems I mean things that might necessitate changing: day, time, city, venue, etc. This will also allow people to arrange car pooling if necessary. I hope that this will be a helpful starting point for discussing our monthly meetings. Well, I am done yammering for now :w00t: .

trukinlady

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2010
Missouri, USA
kdd121s;

Great post!

I'm throwing in my 2 cents worth, IMHO :)

I vote for the 2nd Sunday of every month in the afternoon. If we choose a restaurant location, it won't be in the middle of a lunch or dinner rush. I also think we should consider a location where we can be noticed by the public. Maybe we can get others interested in e-cigs.

There are benefits to having different locations. The down side: it can be confusing to keep track of. Especially if you're unfamiliar with a certain area.

I think we also should keep in mind a venue that will allow for expansion of our group. If we start in a small area, we won't have room for more members as time goes on.

That's all I can think of at the moment. I'm looking forward to reading everyone's ideas!

kdd121s

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2009
US Central Standard Time
In all honesty, Springfield has more venues that would be ideal for our gatherings and it is centralized for the most part. There are several lounge/coffee shops in Springfield that have plenty of space for our group to expand. Two that are off the top of my head are The Mud House and the Mud Lounge. Both offer Hors d'oeuvres/pastries/small serve foods and a good variety of drinks. Both venues are comfortable settings and are very nice. I am curious to hear what more members have to say.

Last edited:

kdd121s

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2009
US Central Standard Time
Here are two ideas for locations in Springfield, MO that we can use to hold our South West, MO Regional Monthly Meetings: Mudhouse & Springfield Brewing Company. Both locations: are open till at least 10:00 p.m. on Sundays, child friendly, serve food, comfortable seating, large enough to allow for our meetings to expand, have WiFi, clean, nice, laid back, etc.. Another bonus is that both venues have web pages that all of you can look at and access. Below are the links to their web pages:

Mudhouse :: Home

Springfield Brewing Company - Home

I figure the Springfield Brewing Company will be the more suitable of the two options as it is larger and encourages larger gatherings. From what I can gather from the other posts in relation to the South West, MO Regional Monthly Meetings: does the Second Sunday of every month at 6:00 p.m. in Springfield, MO sound like a reasonable compromise? Let me know what you all think and then we will create a tentative calender and full commuting directions for our monthly gatherings. Look forward to hearing from all of you. Cheers.

Last edited:

kdd121s

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2009
US Central Standard Time
The Mudhouse is generally very quiet. It usually has a lot of couples and quiet social gatherings. Springfield Brewing Company is fine downstairs in the dining area, but can get loud upstairs were the live music is hosted. I figured we would be conducting our meetings downstairs as it is more accommodating to our needs.

kdd121s

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2009
US Central Standard Time
As I have been up to my eyeballs with college and work, I forgot to mention that the next meeting would not be held untill June. I feel that this will allow everyone plenty of time to deliberate the details of where and when the monthly meetings will be held. Just thought that I would mention that, so that there was no confusion (we have plenty of time to get this all ironed out). I look forward to hearing from everyone and have a great weekend.

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
/.../ I forgot to mention that the next meeting would not be held untill June. /.../

snidely-whiplash-by-nightrpstar-cc.jpg

4054795305_704a43a5f9_o.jpg

Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you do the Fandango?

OK, so some of you younkers won't get the reference... sorry, I'll go to bed now. :D

Last edited:

kdd121s

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2009
US Central Standard Time
Here are the directions to the South West, MO: Regional Monthly Meetings for the Show Me Vapers social group. The meetings will be held on the Second Sunday of every month at 6:30 p.m. at Springfield Brewing Company in Springfield, MO (sorry if that was redundant, just being thorough).

The address for Springfield Brewing Company is: 305 S. Market Ave, Springfield, MO 65806. The Springfield Brewing Company closes it's kitchen at 10:00 p.m. (everyone can order food if they like) on Sundays and closes it's doors all together at 12:00 p.m.. Here is the hyperlink to the Springfield Brewing Company: http://www.springfieldbrewingco.com/

Below are the directions to Springfield Brewing Company from: Bolivar (North), Lebanon (East), Branson (South), and Joplin (West). I have included written directions, pictorial directions and hyperlinks to the Google Maps for each commute. I hope that this will be helpful to all of those who plan on coming for the South West, MO: Regional Monthly Meetings.

Bolivar (North) to Springfield Brewing Company:

Driving directions to 305 S Market Ave, Springfield, MO 65806

Suggested Routes:

MO-13 S
30.4 mi 41 mins

Missouri H
40.7 mi 59 mins

MO-13 S and US-160 E
39.1 mi 59 mins

Bolivar, MO

1. Head west on E Broadway St toward S Springfield Ave : 115 ft

2. Take the 1st left onto MO-83 S/S Springfield Ave
Continue to follow MO-83 S : 2.9 mi

3. Turn left to merge onto MO-13 S toward Springfield : 26.5 mi

4. Turn left at W Walnut St : 0.9 mi

5. Turn left at S Market Ave
Destination will be on the left
305 S Market Ave
Springfield, MO 65806
262 ft

kdd121s-albums-south-west-mo-regional-monthly-meeting-maps-picture6307-bolivar-springfield-brewing-company.jpg

Bolivar, MO to 305 S Market Ave, Springfield, MO 65806 - Google Maps

Lebanon (East) to Springfield Brewing Company:

Suggested Routes:

I-44 W
55.2 mi 1 hour 3 mins

MO-32 W and Missouri H
67.3 mi 1 hour 33 mins

Lebanon, MO

1. Head southeast on S Jefferson Ave toward W Pierce St : 1.0 mi

2. Turn right to merge onto I-44W : 46.6 mi

3. Take exit 82A to merge onto US-65 S toward Branson : 2.9 mi

4. Take the US-65 BUS/Chestnut Expy exit : 0.2 mi

5. Turn right at E Chestnut Expy : 2.1 mi

6. Turn left at N Glenstone Ave : 0.6 mi

7. Turn right at E Walnut St : 1.9 mi

8. Turn right at S Market Ave
305 S Market Ave
Springfield, MO 65806
262 ft

kdd121s-albums-south-west-mo-regional-monthly-meeting-maps-picture6308-lebanon-springfield-brewing-company.jpg

Lebanon, MO to 305 S Market Ave, Springfield, MO 65806 - Google Maps

Branson (South) to Springfield Brewing Company:

45.5 mi – about 52 mins

Branson, MO

1. Head north on S 2nd St/US-65 BUS N/Veterans Blvd toward W Main St
Continue to follow US-65 BUS N : 0.4 mi

2. At the traffic circle, take the 3rd exit and stay on US-65 BUS N : 0.6 mi

3. Turn right to merge onto US-65 N toward Springfield : 33.3 mi

4. Take the US-60 W/James River Frwy/US-65 BUS exit : 0.2 mi

5. Merge onto US-60 W/US-65 BUS N
Continue to follow US-60 W : 5.2 mi

6. Exit onto S Kansas Expy/MO-13 N : 4.8 mi

7. Turn right at W Walnut St : 0.9 mi

8. Turn left at S Market Ave
305 S Market Ave
Springfield, MO 65806
262 ft

kdd121s-albums-south-west-mo-regional-monthly-meeting-maps-picture6309-branson-springfield-brewing-company.jpg

Branson, MO to 305 S Market Ave, Springfield, MO 65806 - Google Maps

Joplin (West) to Springfield Brewing Company:

Suggested Routes:

I-44 E
72.8 mi 1 hour 21 mins

MO-96 E
73.6 mi 1 hour 31 mins

Joplin, MO

1. Head east on E 7th St/Interstate 44 Business Loop E/MO-66 E toward S Virginia Ave : 4.8 mi

2. Turn right to merge onto MO-249 S : 1.6 mi

3. Take the exit onto I-44 E toward US-71 N/Springfield/Kansas City : 60.7 mi

4. Take exit 72 for MO-266/I-44 Loop/Chestnut Expy : 0.2 mi

5. Turn right at W Chestnut Expy : 4.7 mi

6. Turn right toward N Grant Ave : 131 ft

7. Turn right at N Grant Ave : 0.5 mi

8. Take the 2nd left onto W College St : 0.2 mi

9. Take the 2nd right onto S Market Ave
Destination will be on the right
305 S Market Ave
Springfield, MO 65806
371 ft

kdd121s-albums-south-west-mo-regional-monthly-meeting-maps-picture6310-joplin-springfield-brewing-company.jpg

If anyone has any questions about how to find the Springfield Brewing Company, please ask. Otherwise, I look forward to seeing everyone at the next meeting: Second Sunday in June (06-13-2010), 6:30 p.m., at Springfield Brewing Company in Springfield, MO. Cheers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread