Southwest Airlines Took My E-Liquid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawk

Moved On
Nov 9, 2009
Hi,

I had a friend take a trip from Las Vegas over the holiday to Alabama. He just had carry on. He put his carry on bag that held his e-cig kit and his zip lock bag with shampoos and other personal hygiene item including his e-liquid btl through the x-ray belt. It was really busy so he had a wait for his bag but was never asked about his bag or it's contents. He got on the plane and found that his kit and the bag holding his shampoo and e-liquid was gone. I searched the Southwest site and the Transportation Admin site and could find no mention of e-cigs being put on the no carry on list.
Was he just robbed?

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
Hawk;

The TSA Security checkpoints are controlled solely by TSA. The Airlines individual policies are not connected.

When passing through a Security Checkpoint, TSA requires the following
1. All liquids are required to be placed in a quart size, zip lock bag.
2. Items cannot exceed 3.4oz.
3. The bag must be removed from your carry-on, and be run through the x-ray separately.

Complete information here;
TSA | Transportation Security Administration | 3-1-1 on Air Travel

If an item or items in a bag are questionable, the bag will be taken aside by an agent, and the owner identified. The Agent will then search the bag in another area in the owners presence.

Electronic Cigarettes & E-Liquid are not illegal, and TSA doesn't care about them. It's also confusing to me that a bag could be opened, and items taken during the very short trip through the x-ray

In any case, TSA would be the department to ask. If you would like to discuss this further, I recommend you post more questions in our Travel Forum at;
Travel and E-Cig - e-cigarette-forum.com • The place for electronic cigarette reviews, news and chat
There are actual TSA Security Agents that post in that forum who could discuss this further with you, and give you additional information and contacts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread