• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Space/Treasure Coast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
I'll be down there next week for STS-133, just visiting. I hope they get it off on time, or at least not more than a day or two maximum delay. My 2nd (and possibly last Shuttle). Also viewed last three Apollo Moon shots from Titusville & Cocoa Beach. My other shuttle was 19 years ago, wow!

Katattack, STS-135 isn't scheduled until June 28. I would be surprised if that date isn't pushed back. And, it won't end all launches, just the 30 year old shuttle system. But, you knew that.
And, you shouldn't be driving during a launch, you should be watching! :)
People come from around the world to view, and spend tons of money on the local economy.

Last edited:

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Sad to say but I haven't seen a shuttle launch since challenger :(
Bummer. You're only 50 miles from the pad. On a clear day you should be able to see the launch from St. Cloud.
Although, it would be a tad more immersive if you took the trip to the coast. Two remaining.

My condolences if your witnessing of the disaster has prevented your from enjoying subsequent launches.

Last edited:

Silent Soldier

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2011
Saint Petersburg, Florida USA
Bummer. You're only 50 miles from the pad. On a clear day you should be able to see the launch from St. Cloud.
Although, it would be a tad more immersive if you took the trip to the coast. Two remaining.

My condolences if your witnessing of the disaster has prevented your from enjoying subsequent launches.

Not at all, I'd go up in one myself if they'd let me. Just don't have the money to go see it, I do good just to get to school and back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread