Spam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripster

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2011
I'm getting 'Male enhancement" emails. Blocking sender as they come in but I'm not sure what to do about the "cookie" thing.

Good luck on blocking those spam emails, most are from a centralized server based outside of the USA and they have many email addy accounts to keep flooding you. I was a beta tester for gmail and gots to say gmail deals with spam the correct way, just take a look at the sender email addy and you'll understand why spam will never stop even if you never give your addy out to anyone.

I just use CCleaner and weekly I clean everything out, in a week time I may get 50 spam emails.

Boodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Las Vegas, NV, USA
altcig.com
Go to download.com (cnet) and search 'free ccleaner' It'll clean all those cookies and crap off your puter. Been using it for years.

If you have a gmail account and have written emails about ecigs or googled ecigs you're going to see ecig ads populate on sites you frequent. You'll also get ecig related emails.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
I rarely get spam these days. Mind you I use Gmail pretty much exclusively, using my ISP-provided accounts for a few general things and my site E-Mail strictly for site-related things (which has a spam filter of its own on it). I haven't signed up for a ton of vendors, maybe a dozen, but no spam other than newsletters that I opted-in for (so I get the latest tips on sales and codes -- that's spam I can get behind. :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread