Spamming forums/articles

Status
Not open for further replies.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Just tuck this in the back of your head and see if you don't find the same thing I'm finding: In the comments section of virtually every news article or blog entry about electronic cigarettes that I've read in the past few weeks, there will be one from "Robert" at invisismoke.com.

This spammer misses nothing. His posts say e-cigs are the answer to whatever the article is about, then says to go to his Web site for further information. And the site shows he's just another quick-buck reseller with grossly inflated prices.

I'm sure he has a Google alert for every instance of "e-cigs, electronic cigarettes", etc. When he sees an article, he spams it with a comment/ad.

Trog told us long ago how forums could be used by clever sellers. That sorry fact has now been extended to news sites and blogs. What a pity that spam like that will reach thousands who will never find e-cigarette-forum.com.

Thank goodness anyone reading this did find a place of informed opinion and fact.

OutWest

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
Oklahoma USA
www.alternasmokes.com
Agreed. Unfortunately, the spammers come in many guises. There's a valued member on the ecommerce forum that i'm co-admin of that takes every opportunity to put a link to her website in threads. (ie: if the thread is about pets, she might post a link to her pet-related items for sale). We're routinely having to edit her posts (we would ban her but she's an excellent resource for info regarding selling online).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread