Specialty Bottle - Won't get my business again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trekie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
NM
Hi All,

Just wanted to give a heads up out there about Specialty Bottle. They have very low prices on their glass dropper bottles, but their shipping is very high if you order much.

I decided to bite the shipping bullet and go ahead and order from them ALMOST THREE WEEKS AGO - I still do not have my bottles. Customer service did call the day I placed the order and let me know that they were out of stock on part of the order but said they would have it latter that week or first of next week. They have kept in touch, but continue to tell me tomorrow or next week. Today they let me know that they did get my droppers back in stock, but ran out again before shipping my order "this should only delay your order by 3 or 4 days"! I have asked if they would go ahead and send the rest of my order and send the droppers when they get them and the said "not without charging shipping" again! They have already charged me $15.06 for three dozen tiny bottles! :evil:

My advise - keep shopping and AVOID SPECIALTY BOTTLE.

Reactions: Woofer

pinkbeckie88

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2010
MA, USA
i just placed an order form them, they called this morning to let me know that a bottle type i ordered was out of stock, they replaced them with blue bottles instead of the amber ones. because i did not want to wait for them to come in stock. i got about 80 bottles of different sizes big (4 oz to 2dram and everything in between) the shipping was about 16 dollars, which made each bottle about 20 cents more expensive... no big deal for me. i will let you know about the shipping and quality. it may have just taken a while for you to get your items because they were out of stock and you decided to wait for them. sorry to hear that and i hope my order gets here

LibertyRevolution

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2009
CT, USA
www.youtube.com
I have ordered from specialty bottle a couple times, I never had any issue with them.
If the stuff you ordered is out of stock, then they cant ship it...
Shipping is via UPS ground. Takes like 7 business days to ship.
They pack there boxes good, not one of my glass bottles came in damaged.
I have had extra bottles and droppers in all my orders. They seem to throw them in to make the box full.
Yes their shipping is expensive, they are packing and shipping glass bottles...
If you order small orders you can keep it down in the $8 range, which is as cheap as UPS gets.

Sorry to hear about your wait, but they cannot ship what they do not have..

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
I have ordered from specialty bottle a couple times, I never had any issue with them.
I have had extra bottles and droppers in all my orders. They seem to throw them in to make the box full.
If you order small orders you can keep it down in the $8 range, which is as cheap as UPS gets.

Depending on what you actually want/need the shipping can be finagled a bit to keep the price down also. I know on the one order I got and a couple others that I was pricing I noticed that just taking one bottle off could make the shipping stay down at the $5 priority level instead of jumping up to UPS levels. Obviously depends on how big of an order.

I also had no issues with my order. Received it within 3 days of placing it and everything that was supposed to be there was and was in good shape.

pinkbeckie88

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2010
MA, USA
I just checked on my order threw my tracking number, and it seems my order is already half way to my house. and they are literally on the other side of the country ( they are in WA and im in MA) but my order is shipped and on its way, i will let you know how my order turns out, if its packed well if everything is in tact, etc.

Well I would be glad they keep in touch & update you how many places bother to do that even.
did you bother asking if they can switch out your bottles with simular?
or even refund you on those?
I agree 3weeks is a long time. But also sites drive me nuts when they don't update site when out of stock.

with alot of skills someone can update site with inventory lists. to handle everything.
But 1 mistake could screw it up again.

Just my opinion

Ast_Isis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Fort Worth, TX
Trekie contacted me immediately when she discovered that her supplier had sent clear bottles instead of amber. I decided to wait for the amber.

She had great communication through the entire process and my order arrived much sooner then I expected.

The bottles were very well wrapped and arrived unbroken. Plus she threw in a free 2 dram bottle for the delay.

I have no issues doing business with her again.

I can understand that the person who ordered has to wait for what is out of stock, but I really hate when vendors give others the run around and keep giving estimates of when it will be delivered when they have no clue (it'll be 3 days to a a week). Also, since the person has had to wait so long you would think the company would have shipped their order and then just covered the s/h on the remainder of the order when it comes in for free as a sign of good business. I'll avoid this company personally. I like businesses that actually want my business and show me I'm valued as a customer. Seems it's lacking here.

River

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
Independence, KY USA
I'm up to my eyeballs in 15ml and 30ml amber dropper bottles that are leftovers from my JC juices. Along with those rockin 3ml plastic droppers that come with every order.

That's one of the smaller reasons I love JC so much.

If you are just a "normal joe" and not a retailer that needs piles of bottles find some JC flavors you like and get a few because it's pretty cool to always have those around for mixing and decanting from larger bottles.

LibertyRevolution

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2009
CT, USA
www.youtube.com
I placed another order with specialtybottle at 1:15am today.
I had my shipping confirmation at 5pm.
Shipped same day as ordered.

I Ordered 37 small bottles:
5/8 Dram Clear Shortie Glass Vial w/ Blk Cap Qty: 12 x $0.30
1 Dram Clear Glass Vial w/ Blk Cap Qty: 1 x $0.30
2 Dram Clear Glass Vial w/ Blk Cap Qty: 12 x $0.35
2 Dram Clear Glass Vial w/ Dropper Qty: 12 x $0.67

Subtotal: $16.14
Shipping: $4.95 (USPS PRIORITY MAIL)
Final Total: $21.09

Anyone else notice that Trekie made this thread bashing specialtybottle, and then turned around and is selling glass bottles at $1 each + 4.95 shipping for up to 10 bottles?

Trekie is charging basically double what these bottles retail for at specialtybottle..
And far as shipping goes, I just got 37 bottles shipped to me for $4.95.

If I was to go through Trekie, it would be $37 + $11 for a medium flat rate priority box, so $48. That is a $27 difference.

Let me put it another way,
10 - 2dram clear glass vials with dropper from specialtybottle is $11.65 shipped.
10 - 2dram clear glass vials with dropper from Trekie is $14.95 shipped.
15 - 2dram clear glass vials with dropper from specialtybottle is $15.00 shipped, so $0.05 more for 5 more bottles.

Or how about:
29 - 2dram clear glass vials with dropper from specialtybottle is $19.43 + 4.95 shipping.
Total:$24.38 for 29 bottles shipped.
That is $0.84each, to your door.

(I chose the 2dram bottles for my examples because they are more expensive than even the 1oz Boston round amber bottles.)

Manic

Feb 2, 2010
chicago
I did a huge order for 2,4 and 8 ounce bottles from them, they sent me a sample bottle to try and after a couple of day of me sampling the bottles I called and asked them a few more questions and they answered everything to the best of there knowledge. when i received the bottle turns out I cant use them for what I needed them and they would not take them back or trade me for something else.. if anyone is interested in 2,4 or 8 ounces bottles I will give you a great deal.. i think i have 3 thousand or so, maybe more... (all bottles come with white disc tops)

LibertyRevolution

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2009
CT, USA
www.youtube.com
SpecialtyBottle Order Update:
Ordered on, Friday 3-19-10
Received today, Monday 3-22-10
Via USPS Priority Mail.

4455077196_f5977e5683_b.jpg

Taelor

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2010
South

Anyone else notice that Trekie made this thread bashing specialtybottle, and then turned around and is selling glass bottles at $1 each + 4.95 shipping for up to 10 bottles?

Trekie is charging basically double what these bottles retail for at specialtybottle..

If I was to go through Trekie, it would be $37 + $11 for a medium flat rate priority box, so $48. That is a $27 difference.

10 - 2dram clear glass vials with dropper from specialtybottle is $11.65 shipped.
15 - 2dram clear glass vials with dropper from specialtybottle is $15.00 shipped, so $0.05 more for 5 more bottles.

Or how about:
29 - 2dram clear glass vials with dropper from specialtybottle is $19.43 + 4.95 shipping.

(I chose the 2dram bottles for my examples because they are more expensive than even the 1oz Boston round amber bottles.)

:mad: ummm...YUP... I fell for it..and I am still feeling the shock after seeing their price and placing my order....I should have researched.....I got burned!!

NatureBoy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Peterborough, ON, Canada

Or how about:

Bump to this. I think that BST thread should be removed.

Trekie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
NM
There seems to be some mis-communications going on here. I posted this thread too express my experience with Specialty Bottle. After waiting several weeks for my small order, with a shipping rate of nearly $17 I and not getting my order, I canceled the order. I have NEVER received ANY bottles (or anything else for that matter) from Specialty Bottle.

Evidently the shipping varies depending on where you live. After reading your posts, I went back to the site to verify this again and placed 10, 1oz Amber Dropper bottles in the cart and just the shipping came to $16.56. I did not look up the little bottles with lids that were mentioned in one of the posts above because they are not dropper bottles. I did put 10 - 2 Dram dropper bottles in the cart and shipping is $10.51, for a total of $ 17.01, I am offering 10, 2Dram Dropper bottles for $14.95 TOTAL to your door ANYWHERE in the lower 48.

I created this thread to share my experiences. I would always suggest to anyone to shop around, but I thought ECF was the place to share this type of information. I was not slamming anyone, simply stating my experiences with the vendor.

When you take into consideration the packaging materials, time and effort in individually wrapping each individual bottle, I am not making money on the bottles that I am selling. I have done my best to be as fair, prompt and considerate with all the orders I have shipped as I possibly can. For those that have purchased multiple bottles, I have not charged $4.95 per 10. In fact, I sent out an order last week for 50 bottles and only charged the person $15 for shipping.

I feel badly that some of you that have bought from me now feel that you were 'burned' due to this post. I hope you have taken the time to actually go to the site and put the items in your cart to see how it really did turn out.

Taelor if you honestly feel like you got 'burned', PM me. You can return the bottles to me and I will give you a full refund.

And, once again, for the record, I have never received a single item from Specialty Bottle company. Further, I have never taken anyone's money and strung them along for weeks while not shipping them anything. My first few people that had to wait an unexpected 3 days for the Amber 1 Dram bottles were offered the clear bottles instead, those that chose to wait the three days were compensated with free bottles.

It is everyone's right and in my opinion responsibility to shop around for the best deal. All I have tried to do was offer the best deal to my fellow ECF members. 99% of my buyers have been very happy with the deal and approximately 3/4 have ordered more than once so I do feel a little slandered here. Hopefully everyone will take the time to find out for themselves.

If you are able to get $5 shipping from Specialty Bottle, and they actually send the bottles then by all means go that route. But if you live in Missouri, their shipping rates outweigh their low per piece price.

If any of the moderators feel that this thread should be removed, by all means, do so. I thought this was the place to state factual experiences with vendors. Further, if anyone who has purchased from me does not feel that they got a good deal PM me for the return address and I will give you a full refund.

I am not a vendor. I was only trying to pay it forward with a better deal than I was able to find anywhere on glass dropper bottles. You can all be assured, I have no intentions of ever trying to do it again. Packaging all of these glass bottles has not been fun and now this :-(

Hmm, guess I got taken also. That seems a bit blatant to post this negative when you are actually making money on the items. Funny thing is sp. bottle is here in my home state, duh.

Last edited:

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
Lots that could be pointed out but sometimes things are better left unsaid. So, instead, just a question.....

If you feel "slandered" by some of the responses in this thread why would you wait 5 weeks to respond to them and then bump the thread back to where it would get attention?

Seems to me it would have been better to have just left it dying off into oblivion as it was before you made this comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread