Speed Steeping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sockfootball21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2012
Pa
Is there anyway to "speed steep" I just got 8 bottles of juice from two different companies and most of them smell da*n good but they don't taste the best. People keep saying to let them sit for a few weeks but I don't really have that much time. When I get a flavor I want it to taste like what it's supposed to taste like and it would really start to turn me off to vapeing if I wait say two weeks and they still suck.

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
Some people say you can sit the uncapped bottle in a pot of hot water for a few minutes and that will speed up the steeping, but I've never tried it. Once you accumulate some juices, giving them time to steep is no big deal because you will have other juices to vape for a week or so while the new ones steep.

And, unfortunately, you will find some/many juices that you don't like even after they have steeped. It just seems to be a fact of life in the vaping world. On the average, out of 10 juices I probably like 2 or 3 to varying degrees. And if I find just 1 of 10 that I really love, I consider that to be a success. But when you find one or two that you really love, it's worth it.

Just remember to buy small sample sizes (3ml or 5ml). I learned that lesson the hard way. I've bought many juices that I thought I would love, but didn't like them at all. Some of those were 30ml bottles I bought when I first started.

Orobas

Equine Disrespect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2012
Jarhead City
Juices that are "perfumey" or have a chemical smell may benefit from being uncapped.

If i'm feeling impatient i'll toss them in a cup of hot water and give them a stir now and then until it's room temperature. Sometimes i'll tuck a bottle into my cleavage to "incubate" and/or to thin VG heavy juices a bit.

There's a thread on speed steeping in the tips and tricks subforum.

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
. . . Sometimes i'll tuck a bottle into my cleavage to "incubate" and/or to thin VG heavy juices a bit.

Hmmmmm. I don't have cleavage, but I suppose I could shove a couple of 50ml bottles down my pants. It might not help the steeping process, but it could help me at a nightclub. :blink: ;)

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
My method for "speed steeping" involves removing the caps off the bottles, squeezing them a few times to get new air into them (and try to do this at least a few times a day if you can remember), shaking, and also leaving them on top of my monitor or router since it's slightly warm on top of those, but not too hot. The warmth I believe helps it steep faster. I don't know if this method is actually effective or not in reality, but it seems to work for me. So yea... shake and squeeze several times a day, leave on top of something warm with cap off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread