spiderfires in prod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walrus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Baton Rouge, LA
The spiderfires are actually rcr132's ... 3.6 volts, the prodigy uses rcr132's as well, only at 3.0v....I wouldn't add that extra 1.4v if I were you.........hope that helps, lol

I've done it, and lived to tell the tale... I just didn't like it very much. Almost no flavor to speak of, and it's harsh. You also have to limit yourself to very short (1-2 second) bursts, which is actually more than enough. It's just not a very pleasant experience, in my book.

[edit]

I should add that I did that on an un-regulated switch... the one without the resistor. At full charge, I was getting like 8.4v. Baaaaad

Last edited:

vapn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
UK
I thought the SD took the 16430... Actually I am looking at one right now. And yes they are 16430s. They are pretty close in size to the Rcr123 but they are 3.6 volts. With the resistorized switch they work fine. (Just tried it with good results I might add)

I have a package on the way from Dealx with a four pack of those Spiderfires and I will try them also. Just for S & Gs...

But yes if you have the un regulated switch then you would not want to try that cause you would probably blow the atomizer pretty quick. And the vapor would taste awful.

vapn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
UK
Hmmm... I just tried it real quick to try it. Didn't try a vape session with them though. I wonder why the resistor.... O I think I might know why. The resistor may just drop the voltage down by 1v. And if you stack two 3.7 in there you have 7.4 and drop that by 1 and you still have 6.4v... Yea not good. if that is the case. They do make an inline voltage regulator that I was reading about today and got the two confused maybe. That would the ticket so you could use any battery configuration, either two 3v for 5v and one 18650 for 3.7. The resistor is small enough to fit the space but the inline regulator would be better I think....

Steve. want to weigh in here... plz..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread