Spinner - Winder - Twist - 6 of One/Half Dozen of the Other?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cat58

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
DFW
OK - my head is mush from overthinking this and reading way too many posts!! I want a simple little vv ego type battery. Not ready for a full on mod (Provari-Vamo-etc.), just a simple to adjust up/down for my evods which I am quite happy with. I know, I know, very vanilla but it's workin' for me.

Thought about the new iTaste VV 3, but don't think I need all those bells and whistles. So after reading post after post - please a short and quick answer if anyone has the time: are these all gonna do what I want, just variations on a theme other than the Spinner/Winder being easier to read the voltages on? Twist seems to be voted as hardest to see/turn so I'm kinda leaning towards the Winder, as I found a pretty darn good deal (can get two for the price of one iTaste.)

I got some new juices which seem to taste much better on my "no-name-guess-the-voltage-'cause-we'ain't-telling-three options only-battery" as opposed to my straight up ego batteries so thought I might like the vv for these new flavors. Keeping it simple is big priority for me so if I'm not heading the right direction, please tell me so before I further confooozilate myself. For those of you under 30, think WWMMW (What Would My Mom Want?)

TIA!

HughDaHand

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2012
Swartz Creek, MI
I got my first 2 VV battery's about a month ago, a winder and a twist. I haven't used a spinner yet. Between the winder and twist I much prefer the winder. It has much easier to read markings on it, my twist I am lucky to be able to read in full sunlight. The dial on the winder also stays on its setting alot better than the twist. The slightest bump will change the setting on a twist. They are both 900mah and seem to last about the same. For me the winder is a winner, as long as it holds up for a couple more months I'll be getting a couple more (I am rough on battery's).

SASmith

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
Abbotsford, B.C. Canada
Hi Cat, I have the Ego twist 1000mah and love it, a little difficult to see the voltages, but mine aren't hard to turn and don't move from where I set them, ( I have six.....backups for my backups). I have heard the spinners are great, which ever one you choose I think you will be happy with this type of Variable Voltage battery they are simple to use and get the job done.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
I'd have no hesitation in recommending the spinners. I have 2 since I first started vaping. Both are 1300mAh and last the whole day with moderate vaping. I like the easy to grip / read dial, the simplicity of the device and the coating on the outside of the battery (it's almost like a very light rubber coating, well not really, it's like a tactile finish that is very 'grippy')

Even with the extra length the 1300mAh batteries give, they still look good with an EVOD on the end too - and just about fit into a front jean / dress pant pocket.

That all said, don't over-think it, I think the differences between the spinners / winders and the twists are minimal - especially in functionality - and you'll be happy with either of the three.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I am down to 2 dying twists when I bought an iTaste v3. Looking at Ohms is really nice on an affordable ego style.

That said, I am in the market for a new dial style ego and am debating which of the main 3 to go with next.

I am really waiting for the new MVP due out later this year (fingers crossed).

Kent C

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2009
    NW Ohio US
    The Joye ego-c has the better short and charge protection. The dial is hard to read, but unless you're doing sampling, you don't really 'vary' the voltage that much. The Spinners are much easier to read but there are reports of the numbers rubbing off with much use. The eGo has a 12 second cut off that is actually about 15 seconds and the Spinner has a cutoff that is rated at 10 seconds and is actually more like 7 or 8 seconds and depending on your vaping habits, that may affect you - I don't like it much - I do 'double draws' but there are ways around it - basically letting go in between, etc. but I vape non VV eGo's and it's a habit I have. Both are durable, but the joyes usually have a longer warranty period and 6 months from joyetech but you pay the shipping if it goes past the vendor's warranty period. I prefer the 900 over the 1000 mah - one hour less but shorter on the 900.

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Reading the dial use to be a concern, wanting to hit the base plate with an engraver and all; I used a marker instead. But after a while, you just know up is hot and down is cool.

I usually turn it all the way up, then back it off a tad.

However, the iTaste v3 is great to determine volts on those 1.8 Ohms

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread