Spit back and leaking on Zeus Dual

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The amount of cotton will be key. If after wicking if you get gurgling or flooding then you don't have enough cotton. If you get dry hits then maybe the cotton is to thick. Another concern when using too much cotton is it might create another problem. When stuffing the coil you might end up moving the coil wire and hot spots come into play....

Wick it again, vape, adjust if needed. It's going to be a process until you get it down. Once you hit the sweet spot for that tank then you'll know exactly how much cotton to use the next time. Getting there might be a bit discouraging though so just keep at it. You might need to rewick it 10 times the 1st day trying to get it dialed in....
You might.. You might fail 10 times trying to get it right.. Once you nail it remember what you did and do it exactly the same the next time.. Once you get it dialed in, smooth sailing after that --> for that tank! Get a different tank, back at learning what that tank wants again...
@PatVapes There seems to always be a learning curve when re-wicking a new or different rebuildable tank atomizer.

My first rebuildable tank atomizer (a Genesis AGA-T, with the tank below the build deck) used mesh stainless steel wick which you had to cut and roll yourself and then fit it into a TINY little hole of the build deck. You think you have it bad now? :rolleyes: I ended up purchasing pre-built mesh SS coils and did get a decent vape, but the Genesis design always lead to chronic leaking if the tank was not kept upright, so I put my two tanks away for good.

attachment.php

full

Then someone gifted me a RTA with a new design, the SvoeMesto Kayfun Lite (tank above the build deck). This tank used cotton wick, and although there was innitially a learning curve wicking, it provided great flavor. It did develop a leaking issue, and it turned out to be a faulty o-ring which was easily replaced. However, it was strictly a MTL tank and I somehow evolved into a DTL vaper with my rebuildable drip atomizers, so the Kayfun was shelved. I haven't used another RTA since.

Wicklung_2.png

20130406_095645_zps8e184136.jpg

Last edited:

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
@PatVapes There seems to always be a learning curve when re-wicking a rebuildable tank atomizer. My first rebuildable tank atomizer (a Genesis, with the tank below the build deck) used mesh stainless steel which you had to cut and roll yourself and then fit it into a TINY little hole of the build deck. You think you have it bad now? :rolleyes: I ended up purchasing pre-build mesh SS coils and did get a decent vape, but the Genesis design led to chronic leaking and I put my two tanks away for good.

attachment.php

My fav Genesis was the Origen v2.. I use to run it with cotton and ran it all the way down to the deck and then even left a little legs laying on the deck.. Might have been one of the best Genesis tanks of all time, in my opinion of course....

Funny how mesh was all the rage 4-5 years ago ---> fizzled out ---> now back being all the rage...

I also had a Z-Atty Pro but I hated that thing.. I use to torch, roll, torch SS mesh for use in it and yeah, pain in the rear!

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Hahaha... I remember when those juice were the IT and sold out in minutes.. I scored some Boba's once, was excited, got it, vaped it, YUCK!

Never tried the Pluid though.
I scored both flavors. I didn't care for Boba's Bounty, either. It tasted like graham crackers to me, and I've always HATED graham crackers. I kept it around for a few months hoping that some steeping would improve it, since it was so hard to get. It never improved, so I gave it to a co-worker.

Radiator Pluid tasted like black liquorice or anise. I innitially didn't care for it at all, but kept going back to it and it did kinda grow on me. Definitely not an All Day Vape for me. I would let some customers sample it on their RDA's when I worked at the vape shop, and most of them really liked it.

radiator-pluid-2.jpg

Last edited:

PatVapes

Dec 11, 2018
Lima, Peru
:lol::lol::lol:

Looks good. I'm sure it's working fine but a little more cotton in the coil would be good. You can always comb out and thin the ends a bit if it feels like too much for the wells

I’ll keep experimenting. So far the amount of cotton I used is working amazingly. Great flavor, great vapor, great temperature.

I thank you all who recommended changing to an rda or rta!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I’ll keep experimenting. So far the amount of cotton I used is working amazingly. Great flavor, great vapor, great temperature. I thank you all who recommended changing to an rda or rta!
I'm encouraged by your success. Yay for you!! :thumbs:

I have to admit, I'm usually somewhat reluctant to suggest relatively new vapers to dive into rebuildables. There is just so much to learn about vaping in general, that to suggest that they try something so "advanced" as rebuildables might be information overload for them.

But you are obviously a determined intelligent person, know how to research a problem, and willing to ask for advice when you run across a problem. I'm pleased that you have possibly found your "sweet spot", and I wish you continued success.

Last edited:

PatVapes

Dec 11, 2018
Lima, Peru
I'm encouraged by your success. Yay for you!! :thumbs:

I have to admit, I'm usually somewhat reluctant to suggest relatively new vapers to dive into rebuildables. There is just so much to learn about vaping in general, that to suggest that they try something so "advanced" as rebuildables might be information overload for them.

But you are obviously a determined intelligent person, know how to research a problem, and willing to ask for advice when you run across a problem. I'm pleased that you have possibly found your "sweet spot", and I wish you continued success.

I agree. If you don’t have the patience to do your research it probably won’t work. I had been looking into rdas and rtas since I started vaping but it always looked intimidating so I didn’t want to mess with it. I’m really happy I decided to do it. Vaping helps me control my anxiety issues and that includes cravings too.

See, it's easy... Good job.

Easier than I thought indeed! Next stop is making my own coils :banana:

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    I agree. If you don’t have the patience to do your research it probably won’t work. I had been looking into rdas and rtas since I started vaping but it always looked intimidating so I didn’t want to mess with it. I’m really happy I decided to do it. Vaping helps me control my anxiety issues and that includes cravings too.

That's also easy as you will discover.

• Agree
    Reactions: Eskie

bask

ECF Veteran
    Dec 17, 2012
    The Euroneous Zone
    By the way got it perfect on my first try lol super fun and easy to do
    I’ll keep experimenting. So far the amount of cotton I used is working amazingly. Great flavor, great vapor, great temperature.
    I thank you all who recommended changing to an rda or rta!
    There you go! Well done. You are obviously going places!
    Awesome. Loving the enthusiasm.

Hahaha... I remember when those juice were the IT and sold out in minutes.. I scored some Boba's once, was excited, got it, vaped it, YUCK!
    Never tried the Pluid though... Are those flavors still being sold?
    LOL, like a lot of people. I have never tried Boba's myself, to be honest. Those were just two flavors I remember being the stuff back in the day. I seriously loved Pluid, though. I know the original Boba's hasn't been made in a few years, but I did find some Pluid on a French site last year.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Eskie
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread